THE NEW GUY HARDROAD

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Rider92
Team: Privateer

THE NEW GUY HARDROAD

Post by Rider92 »

Hi Peeps. Just found out about this game, downloaded the demo and gave it a good whirl. The videos of the gameplay look really good, however to be honest I'm really struggling with the game. Now I'm used to RC simulators, helicopters, planes, race car simulators.etc so I know things take time. I've downloaded some of the recommended setups and am still trying out the demo version.
I have arcade mode turned off but just can't seem to get the hang of cornering mostly. Every corner it just slides out. Some ppl on the forums suggest turning back on arcade mode but the steering is horrible and slow and surely that's not how you learn?
I am using an xbox one controller and it just seems super sensitive. This vid isn't mine but its pretty much what is happening to me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVkvyHgTYcg

At real slow speeds it's almost impossible to turn or get back on the track... Am I missing something? (is the demo harder??) I have tried 3 of the common setups but no joy.
I know simulators are supposed to be hard but this is virtually unplayable...
I tried searching the forums, all ppl say are practice or turn arcade mode back on. I need some proper advice from you guys.

Thanks heaps.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: THE NEW GUY HARDROAD

Post by jlv »

Try setting the stability really high and taking the corners easy. To go fast you'll need twitchier settings but to get the hang of it you want to start out around 80-100.

The next version will have some small improvements at high stability settings, so you might want to give that a try when it's posted. I will update the demo for 1.11.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Dumbbelly29
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Re: THE NEW GUY HARDROAD

Post by Dumbbelly29 »

i spend most of my time hitting left handers with the stick pinned right, and vice versa... best thing is to get the bike leant over enough that you're turning then focus on keeping it upright... alternatively try your setup with.... 40 max roll angle, 80 steering strength, 800 max steering force, steering damping 30... roll damping 38...

the steering strength especially will help get rid of the twitchyness and help you to ride smoother (essential in sim)