Screen Recording?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
biqgie
Team: Privateer

Screen Recording?

Post by biqgie »

i know this inst entirely an mx simulator topic but help would much be appreciated, i need help finding a good / free screen recording software? if there is any? if you use or know of any please drop help in the comments. thanks.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: Screen Recording?

Post by Wahlamt »

For us with decent nvidia cards, nvidia shadowplay is really good. Otherwise Fraps is common, or Action! is good too.
RFX_corentin_12
Team: Impact

Post by RFX_corentin_12 »

OBS Studio work well, i record this video with that and i'm pretty happy of the quality, and easy to use

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjbtrCsXESk
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

Fraps is the best for sim IMO.
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

AHeckman2 wrote:Fraps is the best for sim IMO.
Also the best reason to buy a bunch of new HDD's. ;)
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

Wahlamt wrote:
AHeckman2 wrote:Fraps is the best for sim IMO.
Also the best reason to buy a bunch of new HDD's. ;)
Haha my 4TB HDD has no problems with it ;)
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

OBS is my screen capture software of choice. It's free, open source, and it works really well.
Rayvenator
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by Rayvenator »

Wahlamt wrote:For us with decent nvidia cards, nvidia shadowplay is really good. Otherwise Fraps is common, or Action! is good too.
Yeah Nvidia Shadowplay (or Share as its called in the new versions) works good.

One thing to note is that Share cant recognize MX Simulator as a game so it cant be recorded via the in-game overlay in fullscreen.
However tabbing out of game, hitting ALT-Z (to bring up the overlay), hit record, ALT-Z again (to close the overlay) and then tabbing back in works for me. Your file will be saved as "Desktop" but I havent noticed any loss of quality doing it this way. I´m no expert though ;)
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

Rayvenator wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:For us with decent nvidia cards, nvidia shadowplay is really good. Otherwise Fraps is common, or Action! is good too.

One thing to note is that Share cant recognize MX Simulator as a game so it cant be recorded via the in-game overlay in fullscreen.
However tabbing out of game, hitting ALT-Z (to bring up the overlay), hit record, ALT-Z again (to close the overlay) and then tabbing back in works for me. Your file will be saved as "Desktop" but I havent noticed any loss of quality doing it this way. I´m no expert though ;)
I've had to work around it the same way. Start the recording from the desktop. Otherwise MSI Afterburner is free and has screen recording built in. Used it for an extensive period of time.
SKlein
Team: Evergood

Post by SKlein »

Wahlamt wrote:
Rayvenator wrote:

I've had to work around it the same way. Start the recording from the desktop. Otherwise MSI Afterburner is free and has screen recording built in. Used it for an extensive period of time.
I have to alt-tab before beginning a recording in Shadowplay as well, which is no big deal. The only issue I've ran across is, when using three monitors while trying that it fails to record the Sim window (which isn't all that surprising). I've resorted to disabling all but one monitor, rebooting and then recording that way. It's a pain, but it works fine. I've heard OBS is good as well.