1.11 update

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Jake Perry
Team: Privateer

Re: 1.11 update

Post by Jake Perry »

jlv wrote:
TheeDingus wrote:So I installed the update with the wizard and everything but its still at 1.10??
How are you starting the game? The 1.11 update installer will update mx.exe in the install folder, the desktop shortcut, the start menu shortcut and the url handler for online mxsimulator links. If you're starting the game with a custom shortcut you'll have to manually update it.
Jake Perry wrote:great update!! cant ever play this game again cause as soon as i put this in my folder it says cant find game data on all snapshots and versions that ive ever used! cheers love it
It sounds like you might have multiple install folders. Where do you have everything installed?
in my mx simulator folder
Jake Perry

Post by Jake Perry »

Jake Perry wrote:
jlv wrote:
TheeDingus wrote:So I installed the update with the wizard and everything but its still at 1.10??
How are you starting the game? The 1.11 update installer will update mx.exe in the install folder, the desktop shortcut, the start menu shortcut and the url handler for online mxsimulator links. If you're starting the game with a custom shortcut you'll have to manually update it.
Jake Perry wrote:great update!! cant ever play this game again cause as soon as i put this in my folder it says cant find game data on all snapshots and versions that ive ever used! cheers love it
It sounds like you might have multiple install folders. Where do you have everything installed?
i dont know what to do i deleted all the old snapshots now and tried it again but it still doesnt work im stuck
RFX_corentin_12
Team: Impact

Post by RFX_corentin_12 »

What did you change since the last snapshot? I go back to the 1.10 with the lastest snapshot (2017-03-13-1345) and the game feel so different (my setup work wayy better), with the 1.11 i feel like my setup are stock setup, its so weird
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Jake Perry wrote:
jlv wrote:
Where exactly is that? The default is "C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Simulator". If you were using another location you have to select that folder when you install the update.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Mr. Wiggles
Team: GSR/137 Kid

Post by Mr. Wiggles »

RFX_corentin_12 wrote:What did you change since the last snapshot? I go back to the 1.10 with the lastest snapshot (2017-03-13-1345) and the game feel so different (my setup work wayy better), with the 1.11 i feel like my setup are stock setup, its so weird
Does this mean he is not telling us all...????? I could care less tbh maybe this mean mine bad one works great
Bottom feeder at LCQ Studios
Internet Nice Guy!
RFX_corentin_12
Team: Impact

Post by RFX_corentin_12 »

Mr. Wiggles wrote:
RFX_corentin_12 wrote:What did you change since the last snapshot? I go back to the 1.10 with the lastest snapshot (2017-03-13-1345) and the game feel so different (my setup work wayy better), with the 1.11 i feel like my setup are stock setup, its so weird
Does this mean he is not telling us all...????? I could care less tbh maybe this mean mine bad one works great
Maybe its in my mind, but my teammate said the same thing, so maybe its just us, but i really feel something its different
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

Just downloaded this and immediately noticed the skip in demos is way faster? Easy to miss falloffs. Also there is slight lag when you use step.
Please let me know if I'm tripping because I swear I'm not :p
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VlastMX

Post by sethiemeboi »

jlv wrote:
GHarlan wrote:So with this update is it basically a reinstall or is it like a snapshot?
This is pretty much the last snapshot with a real installer so you don't have to manually copy the files to your install folder.
the LAST snapshot?????
GHarlan
Crushed Dissenter

Post by GHarlan »

sethiemeboi wrote:
jlv wrote:
GHarlan wrote:So with this update is it basically a reinstall or is it like a snapshot?
This is pretty much the last snapshot with a real installer so you don't have to manually copy the files to your install folder.
the LAST snapshot?????
I believe he meant last snapshot for 1.10 as 1.11 is just a full package of it.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

sethiemeboi wrote:
jlv wrote:
the LAST snapshot?????
2017-03-13. The only difference between 1.11 and the 2017-03-13 snapshot is the version number.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
trace723

Post by trace723 »

JLV, I open the game and everything is normal, version 1.11, but the i only have a handful of downloaded tracks. It makes only one page total. None of the gear, wheels, or anything else show up. Everything is there in the latest snapshot
(me dragging bars)
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VlastMX

Post by sethiemeboi »

trace723 wrote:JLV, I open the game and everything is normal, version 1.11, but the i only have a handful of downloaded tracks. It makes only one page total. None of the gear, wheels, or anything else show up. Everything is there in the latest snapshot
rest in pepperoni
Jake Perry

Post by Jake Perry »

jlv wrote:
Jake Perry wrote:
jlv wrote: It sounds like you might have multiple install folders. Where do you have everything installed?
Where exactly is that? The default is "C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Simulator". If you were using another location you have to select that folder when you install the update.
thats what there installed into
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

trace723 wrote:JLV, I open the game and everything is normal, version 1.11, but the i only have a handful of downloaded tracks. It makes only one page total. None of the gear, wheels, or anything else show up. Everything is there in the latest snapshot
Sounds like you have the snapshot installed in a different folder and most of your downloaded tracks are in that folder as well.
Jake Perry wrote:
jlv wrote:
Jake Perry wrote: in my mx simulator folder
What's in that folder?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Jake Perry

Post by Jake Perry »

jlv wrote:
Sounds like you have the snapshot installed in a different folder and most of your downloaded tracks are in that folder as well.
Jake Perry wrote:
jlv wrote: Where exactly is that? The default is "C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Simulator". If you were using another location you have to select that folder when you install the update.
What's in that folder?
everyting all my tacks and recent snapshots and my 1.10 update but i deleted all my snapshots and updates so i think ive stuffed up my game now for good