MXGP 3 Video game! Trailer!

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Re: MXGP 3 Video game! Trailer!

Post by LKR47 »

Same physics engine. Terrain deformation is over done and the roost doesnt match the dirt type. The sounds seem better tho. Milestone better get their shit together if they want to keep the series alive. Same damn game but with weather and 2 strokes basically.
MXONLINE_GEICO

Post by MXONLINE_GEICO »

it would ve been better if the playere were at least mx enthusiasts..those guys are just casuals you don' really get a good preview from casual players imo
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

MXONLINE_GEICO wrote:it would ve been better if the playere were at least mx enthusiasts..those guys are just casuals you don' really get a good preview from casual players imo

Looks exactly like mxgp2. They even compare it to the original mxgp which turns out to be very similar in the way the bike looks and feels. Although, I will say mxgp3 looks a little more loose.
damon99
Team: MXSG

Post by damon99 »

I just wish they would get their physics down. Good arcade physics is what makes a motocross game fun. Sure the game looks unbelievable, but they have a long way to go on the physics. I think we will see better and better physics each year, but I don't expect anything ground breaking out of this one quite yet.
beanz43
Team: Privateer

Post by beanz43 »

I think the game looks pretty decent. They could tame down the terrain deformation a bit and fix the roost. Maybe make the dust more transparent or something. Have some parts of the track more dusty than others and where the track might hold more moisture, make it less dusty? Is that possible? It's still early and I'm sure they're not done right? Some of these things could be fixed... obviously the physics aren't changing at this point even though they say they are all new. It is what it is and I'm a fan regardless. Still better than anything mx vs atv has done. A big thing I wish they would address is the online connectivity. I can't for the life of me stay connected to a server. I would LOOOVE to be able to race against others but I can never stay in a server for more than one race. Something else that's minor but I wish they would fix is the side plates and numbers. The side plates on the mx2 bikes are white with white numbers. They should make the numbers black at least if we cant run black plates. Also, I wish you could choose different fonts and the size of your numbers. I think it looks so dumb - sometimes the numbers are too small or if you run a triple digit number, they are crammed together and all small and stuff - we should be able to resize them and change the color. Again very minor there yet important because every little detail matters in my opinion. Oh and one last thing, is it impossible to program the ai to take more than one line? They race single file. I hate that more than the physics. I can see it now with how the terrain deformation looks, the ai will have a 5 foot deep rut around the whole track because they all take the same line. lol.
But bottom line is, it's the first gameplay we've seen and they have until May to get it right.
damon99

Post by damon99 »

eh.. its k
Aaron Hall
Team: Architech

Post by Aaron Hall »

Called my guy crack head before even seeing his face and he lives up to his name
maggett wrote:when JLV gives u a good dickslappin
ROSE822 wrote:braden carter die u inbred veggie cunt
damon99

Post by damon99 »

After about an hour and a half so far I am enjoying it. Honestly one of the best mx games I've ever played (other than sim of course :wink: ). It mixes simulation (if you wanna call it that) with arcade game play so well that it makes it very fun to play.
Cummings55
Team: RFORCE8

Post by Cummings55 »

I was flipping on back and forth as to whether or not I was going to buy it and after I found that it was only $20 on CDKeys, I had to get it. And i am very satisfied with it so far. I think Milestone does something a little better almost every game that they have released and that is huge for our community. Career has always been the best part in my opinion. I feel the sounds are good but the rev limiter is too much and too annoying. Ruts feel good as well. Will never understand why they have to use such ugly and terrible number fonts. Really ruins the custom bikes.
beanz43

Post by beanz43 »

Cummings55 wrote:Will never understand why they have to use such ugly and terrible number fonts. Really ruins the custom bikes.
Totally agree. It's such a small detail but makes a huge difference. Can't wait til we can choose different fonts and resize them to our likeness. Other than that, this game is pretty sweet. Only thing I can complain about is after a while it's too easy. The a.i. aren't a challenge. That and online sucks again. I can only ever find 1 lobby with 1 other person. Would be cool to do a championship series with mxsim members.

I wonder if one day they'll make an AMA motocross game.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I don't know if it's just me, but you can't counter lean (if that makes sense) anymore. In 2 I used to lean the opposite way the bike was turning to mimic weighing the outside peg on sweeper corners, when I do that now he just slides out instantly. Not sure if that's because they made it so you can scrub that way or what. Was excited to see 2 strokes, not so excited when I saw my newly bought yz125 has a 250 pipe on it. The 4 stroke sounds seem pretty good, haven't really ridden the 450's, mainly the yz250f, and besides the lack of a rev limiter sound pretty realistic. The cr250f sounds way too rattly though. 2 stroke sounds aren't too bad at lower rpm's or letting off the throttle, but sound weird imo up top.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
damon99

Post by damon99 »

IMO I think they did a very good job with this one. I like that they are basically taking baby steps every year and improving it more and more. Shoot by their 5th game it should be perfect :lol:
TM_Infidel
Team: TM Factory-Racing

Post by TM_Infidel »

It's wfo bar bangin fun, plenty of positives with this one. All it needs is the customization of skins and tracks as mxs and its golden ...LCQ Studios ? :mrgreen:
Mxracer6y

Post by Mxracer6y »

Been playing the game for the last few days.... really really liking it..

Its the closest thing to a combination of a simulator and arcade so far... My prayers have been answered..

Also, the track deformation is excellent... first time in a game where it works, and works well.... the track changes alot over the race and the ruts ACTUALLY work, and work well :D

Here's a couple short vids:

[youtube]<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/B-JM9uOmRjE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]

and MXoN @ maggiora italy
[youtube]<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NKVMRU2O7DI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]
Mxracer6y

Post by Mxracer6y »

Hmm.. ok so i guess we cant edit posts.. really annoying.

And apparently none of the code works... so here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-JM9uOmRjE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKVMRU2O7DI&t=181s