Upcoming Models #2

Post about creating and skinning models here
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Re: Upcoming Models #2

Post by Jeremy150 »

m121c wrote:I actually just checked my latest (deleted 5+ times) CRF upload and there was 36 downloads... I can promise you it should have been less than 10. It's not even a surprise anymore.
Yeah I feel you. One of the versions of my 17 Honda should only have 2 downloads on it, but it currently has 38 downloads...
silverskate
Team: BikeGraphix

Post by silverskate »

skraks wrote:
James Webb wrote:Not to bring up any settled arguments but:

I believe all the kids like this are the reason our community has had a very obvious downfall(content wise). I blocked the name to not throw anyone under the bus but, this stuff is ridiculous. Just had to throw my opinion out there when I read through this.
It's sad i know who that is because i got the exact same message.
I hate this guys of trade the stuff for anothers stuff
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Nice to come by and see some things never change. That KX 2 stroke looks pretty rad. The dude trading for it has 200% more models than myself, he must be a real contributor to the community.

If anyone wants to float me over some cool models to run, you can PM me. lol I'll give you a half eaten snickers and partially finished enduro track for them.

^^ Serious but in a super light tone with all that. But now more seriously...

What are the thoughts on after 6 months, a year, 18 months (whenever most of your buyers slow down...maybe they don't so the idea has no bearing?) on eventually releasing the .PSD/bikes to allow the community to grow and have more content readily available?

As of right now, there are 3 groups...

1) The guys who buy the models. This is good, it supports the modelers and allows guys to have unique content.
2) The guys who don't buy the models and don't have them. There is nothing wrong with this.
3) The guys who have stolen the models.

Here is the problem...

There is nothing wrong with group 1 or group 2, and group 3 is a bunch of shit heads. However, group 1 and group 3 have the models. Until the model is actually released, group 3 has something to trade to continue being shit heads and get more models. This screws over group 1 because prices go up because it is screwing the creators, it also screws group 2 because being honest will do nothing but keep you from getting dope shit.

----

With all that said, not telling you guys what to do. Just food for thought. I'd love to see Mason's Honda (which is one of the few models I do have) fully released. Sure it isn't the 2017, but it's a great model and something guys could create some dope graphics setups on. By fully released, I mean the bike and PSD, not the working blend or max or whatever program he's using files. Those would be great, but I understand the value in those.

---

While I'm here writing a book, a few final, final thoughts.

Vortex Racing - HOLY GUACAMOLE you have improved a ton. Bravo.
All modelers, thanks for what you provide and continuing to the keep the game fresh and updated.
Mason - I miss you.
Jay - I miss you too.
motomaniak
Team: ART

Post by motomaniak »

I was thinking of releasing something for the public but now I have to think about it
Tim Aarntzen | ART/MFG
Aaron Hall
Team: Architech

Post by Aaron Hall »

Slowly getting better at modeling made this FMF for a husky. Open for suggestions on how i can make it look better/improve the poly flow of it. Also was wondering if anyone knew how to delete say a whole loop of vertices in blender i had seen it done in 3ds but was just wondering if there something like this in blender or do i have to do it one by one?
maggett wrote:when JLV gives u a good dickslappin
ROSE822 wrote:braden carter die u inbred veggie cunt
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

Terrible, just quit.
RyanTurner
Team: JIBR/Skullcandy

Post by RyanTurner »

Atom6246 wrote:Terrible, just quit.
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Post by Jeremy150 »

checkerz wrote:What are the thoughts on after 6 months, a year, 18 months (whenever most of your buyers slow down...maybe they don't so the idea has no bearing?) on eventually releasing the .PSD/bikes to allow the community to grow and have more content readily available?
Honestly not a bad idea. The only thing that would stop me is if it would upset the people that did purchase the bike.
funkychicken
Team: 251 Graphix I guess

Post by funkychicken »

checkerz wrote: What are the thoughts on after 6 months, a year, 18 months (whenever most of your buyers slow down...maybe they don't so the idea has no bearing?) on eventually releasing the .PSD/bikes to allow the community to grow and have more content readily available?
Best idea I've heard yet. Also, anyone wanna toss me a link to an awesome KX like the one in the picture above? Would love to have an old one that looks that good!
| Unofficially Official MotoSavage Rookie of the Year 2017 |
Pumaxcs wrote:Women ain't shit, man.

They'll lick a public toilet seat but ignore my texts.
MotoX745

Post by MotoX745 »

Checkerz that was beautifully written, the few honest people in the community are the real ones getting screwed over by the bad eggs, that's how the world works unfortunately and i don't mind paying for models if i have the money to do so, i wouldn't personally mind if they ever got released or even got released the next day. Going along to reply to Jeremy from Checkerz post, it should be mentioned in a post, do something like Mason did, it was a wonderful idea and executed well if not for the idiots who can't help but just send it to everyone, at the end of the day that is a loss to them because they paid X amount of money just to give the model out to some ungrateful kids or people who won't use it for the right reason, probably don't know how to use it and won't make it look good, but ya know... they want it just to want it. Back on topic, i think making a early access version of a model is a good idea. It just means that it's basically released but it gives teams a chance to have a specific setup for a season that others won't have and at the same time promising others that the bike will be released at a later date, maybe after a full SX or MX season or just a SX or just a MX season. That seems to work out for every party involved as teams get to have a one of a kind per say setup and then by the end of it others will be able to run the bike as well and we will be able to see a more steady flow of content instead of the same old same old models that are fantastic but have been around for since the beginning of MXS almost, at least for some of them and it opens the door for more creativity and just a better game overall. It's kinda hard for people to rip or steal a model whenever it's released. Anyways, i do understand from the creators perspective how aggravating it is to make a model and just have it tossed around against their wishes for it to be kept private, can't even trust the people who are paying you for the model anymore and that is very sad, but it sucks for some of the people in the community that are genuinely trying to be honest and do the right thing but may not be able to afford it and they are the ones truly getting fucked over. It will be hard to bring in any honest people and the community will remain the same way it is right now because no honest person is going to want to come into this community the way it is right now knowing that everyone else is getting these models, either by paying for them, which is great if you are able to support it, or the irritating one of knowing that you are trying to be respectful and considerate of the people who make these models and then you come to find out about that third group who just get them from someone who paid for it and then use it to pass it around and have every model in the game while this said good person is still over here using that 2010 CRF or DJ's YZ or what not, speaking in terms of someone who is kinda new to the game at least. I've been wanting something to change for a long time but i still don't think it's gonna happen yet, i used to look forward to going into the models and skin's topic. Hope all of this made sense.
Attempted Photographer < I try.... Shitty racer, Only good at screenshots, forever pretending to be quick at MXS.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Jeremy150 wrote:
checkerz wrote:What are the thoughts on after 6 months, a year, 18 months (whenever most of your buyers slow down...maybe they don't so the idea has no bearing?) on eventually releasing the .PSD/bikes to allow the community to grow and have more content readily available?
Honestly not a bad idea. The only thing that would stop me is if it would upset the people that did purchase the bike.
I didn't pop in here to tell anyone what to do with their work, and I honestly don't know your buyers. I would have to assume most of them are buying them to be able to have something cool for their team skins for the season. If letting them know up front that they are buying exclusivity (to the best of your control due to douche nozzles) for a period of time, but eventually it would be readily available, that audience wouldn't be affected. Of course, if there are other reasons people are buying; maybe your profits that would be lost out weigh the potential community growth.
broland278
Team: MotoSavage

Post by broland278 »

checkerz wrote:
Jeremy150 wrote:
To quote this, I think this is a good idea and would be really cool. Now with what Jeremy is saying, for the people who paid would have the "V2" psd or whatever. The base model with additional parts like exhausts, clamps, etc. just to outweigh what whom would be releasing for free compared to the people who paid in the beginning. Idk cool idea, would just have to find a proper way to execute it i suppose.
m121c

Post by m121c »

Ya unfortunately I think the timing and circumstance of my Honda will cause it to never see a release. Everyone who bought it knew if it was ripped the project was done and bike released, however when it finally was leaked I obviously got really pissed and changed course. I then said it would never see the light of day, and I think that drove some to want it a little more. At this point I just don't think it's a fair deal for those who have paid for it and respect myself. Not saying those who haven't bought bought it don't respect me (unless you have a leaked version), but I really appreciate the support that I was given by those people and I feel bad more for them than I do the community on the idea of it being released for free or not.

Miss you too chex.
mack| spokes
Team: Onlyfansracing

Post by mack| spokes »

Aaron Hall wrote:Slowly getting better at modeling made this FMF for a husky. Open for suggestions on how i can make it look better/improve the poly flow of it. Also was wondering if anyone knew how to delete say a whole loop of vertices in blender i had seen it done in 3ds but was just wondering if there something like this in blender or do i have to do it one by one?
this looks pretty good, only thing i would remake or consider it is the end cap of the muffler which seems to be the hardest to do.
jlv wrote: Either way, for a suicidal rampage it was pretty good.
MXSEMF
Dumbbelly29
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by Dumbbelly29 »

funkychicken wrote:
checkerz wrote: What are the thoughts on after 6 months, a year, 18 months (whenever most of your buyers slow down...maybe they don't so the idea has no bearing?) on eventually releasing the .PSD/bikes to allow the community to grow and have more content readily available?
Best idea I've heard yet. Also, anyone wanna toss me a link to an awesome KX like the one in the picture above? Would love to have an old one that looks that good!
Very sadly, that very awesome KX will most likely never be seen again after the recent unanimous poll in ban court...

(mason i know i messaged you and made myself look a tit having re-read the title of the PSD) though now broland has mentioned clamp options i'm very confused, i only have stock clamps?

Aaron i would make the muffler slightly more rectangular to fit with fmf shape, & to select a loop of vertices Alt + Rclick