Serious tips on learning?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Nogurd

Serious tips on learning?

Post by Nogurd »

Im jumping full force into this game, and was wondering if there was any legitimate videos or guides to get better.. Id love to be able to get fast and actually ride and have fun.

if anyone wants to play together let me know i can give you my skype or discord..... idk i just want to play
USABMXER1
Team: DaBaum Designs

Re: Serious tips on learning?

Post by USABMXER1 »

Yeah there is, this is a playlist on the SYS YouTube channel that is literally dedicated to helping you get better by giving you a tutorial about literally every little thing that you'll need to know starting out on the game, after you start getting better these tricks will still help you out, but you may have some of your own tricks to helping yourself improve off of the track. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 6Hm1FJP-1m
Matias43_

Post by Matias43_ »

What i did was put my stability at around 80, get used to it. Then once ur good with that lower it to 70 or 60. And keep doing that until you get anywhere from 0-15. This helped me a lot
Knight24_
Team: Privateer

Post by Knight24_ »

Nogurd wrote:Im jumping full force into this game, and was wondering if there was any legitimate videos or guides to get better.. Id love to be able to get fast and actually ride and have fun.

if anyone wants to play together let me know i can give you my skype or discord..... idk i just want to play
All these people saying drop your stability by 10 from 80 is retarded. Drop your stability to 15 or whatever you want(it doesn't matter where it is it's just a preset. You can have it set to 100 and itd be the exact same as if it was on 0 as long as you have a good adv) & get a good advanced I can give you my advanced and make it tighter for you if you want. Also CBL Gamings Setup ideo is more in depth than kelens.
Ktmrdr11
Team: I think Vurb

Post by Ktmrdr11 »

Only thing that ever seemed to help me improve quickly was instead of trying to go as fast as you can into the corners slow up a bit until you are to the point when you can do it 10/10 times without crashing and then try to go a little faster and keep building, because the more you can flow around corners without using brakes in the middle of it the faster you will be.
stocksy129

Post by stocksy129 »

If you're serious about learning, get a Pro's advanced, stick to it, don't change it. Play the game until you think you have no life, realize that sim is now your life... From here, you want to continue to play more, you think you can't but there is still time you're missing on playing.

Once you are playing 14hrs a day you need to increase these numbers these are Amateur, increase to about 16-18hrs a day, start racing the AM's class, make sure you try hard your lap time so people think you should be in the Pro class.

From here you will probably be bumped to Pro, then try and learn a track and qualify for a night show in less than an hour, do a un-safe track re-entry and get banned for a week and then complain that rF is corrupt.

That's about it, hope this helps. :lol:
KaseoDip
Village Idiot
Team: Tegridy Farms

Post by KaseoDip »

One of the things that helped me become a better player at this game is I didn't care how fast I was going. Focus on doing laps without crashing. Once you are able to do laps without crashing, I promise you, speed will slowly come as you get more confident in your riding. Also find a good stability and never change it. The funny thing about that statement is I have a loose stability for SX and stiff stability for MX but seriously, find a good stability and stick to it.
Knight24_

Post by Knight24_ »

stocksy129 wrote:If you're serious about learning, get a Pro's advanced, stick to it, don't change it. Play the game until you think you have no life, realize that sim is now your life... From here, you want to continue to play more, you think you can't but there is still time you're missing on playing.

Once you are playing 14hrs a day you need to increase these numbers these are Amateur, increase to about 16-18hrs a day, start racing the AM's class, make sure you try hard your lap time so people think you should be in the Pro class.

From here you will probably be bumped to Pro, then try and learn a track and qualify for a night show in less than an hour, do a un-safe track re-entry and get banned for a week and then complain that rF is corrupt.

Honestly, this is the truth. I'll give ya my adv(what I run for outdoors) you don't want to change anything in your adv. once you find an advanced you like you want to stick with it, but switching between outdoors & sx I'll lower my roll damping to about 40-45(so I can turn sharper) that's it though & all that does is make how far your bike will roll over into a corner. https://gyazo.com/cd1a1f91c617d041ce731f858b7b398d For you, I would keep this the exact same as it is, and put you leveling up to like 60+ or keep the leveling the same & change the roll damping instead to 80+ I would suggest changing the roll damping instead then slowly decreasing it as you get more control because you'll get the feel for bringing the bike back more and more. (YES, this is NOT an arcade game, therefore **YOU** have to bring the bike back!)
Knight24_

Post by Knight24_ »

KaseoDip wrote:One of the things that helped me become a better player at this game is I didn't care how fast I was going. Focus on doing laps without crashing. Once you are able to do laps without crashing, I promise you, speed will slowly come as you get more confident in your riding. Also find a good stability and never change it. The funny thing about that statement is I have a loose stability for SX and stiff stability for MX but seriously, find a good stability and stick to it.
You have a loose advanced. Your actual "stability" bar on the main menu for your bike setup is just a preset for your advanced. You can put that at 100 & it wouldn't be any different than if you had it set to 0 as long as you have the same advanced. OH & for the person who made this topic, DON'T(I REPEAT) DON'T EVER CHANGE YOUR STABILITY BAR ONCE YOU'VE SET IT TO WHATEVER # YOU WANT IT WILL COMPLETELY CHANGE YOUR ADVANCED. Hopefully you got that with me saying its just a preset though hope this helped!
KaseoDip
Village Idiot

Post by KaseoDip »

Knight24_ wrote:You have a loose advanced. Your actual "stability" bar on the main menu for your bike setup is just a preset for your advanced. You can put that at 100 & it wouldn't be any different than if you had it set to 0 as long as you have the same advanced. OH & for the person who made this topic, DON'T(I REPEAT) DON'T EVER CHANGE YOUR STABILITY BAR ONCE YOU'VE SET IT TO WHATEVER # YOU WANT IT WILL COMPLETELY CHANGE YOUR ADVANCED. Hopefully you got that with me saying its just a preset though hope this helped!
I have two separate advanced stabilities. One for MX and one for SX.
Matias43_

Post by Matias43_ »

KaseoDip wrote:
Knight24_ wrote:You have a loose advanced. Your actual "stability" bar on the main menu for your bike setup is just a preset for your advanced. You can put that at 100 & it wouldn't be any different than if you had it set to 0 as long as you have the same advanced. OH & for the person who made this topic, DON'T(I REPEAT) DON'T EVER CHANGE YOUR STABILITY BAR ONCE YOU'VE SET IT TO WHATEVER # YOU WANT IT WILL COMPLETELY CHANGE YOUR ADVANCED. Hopefully you got that with me saying its just a preset though hope this helped!
ive used the same one (fjelbergs) ever since i started, i would stick with one advanced forever, or like kasey switch betweeen just 2
TheBigLez
Crushed Dissenter
Team: TM Factory-Racing

Post by TheBigLez »

connor lynds advanced has helped me a ton i got used to his advanced in like 30mins
Knight24_

Post by Knight24_ »

Matias43_ wrote:
KaseoDip wrote:
ive used the same one (fjelbergs) ever since i started, i would stick with one advanced forever, or like kasey switch betweeen just 2
Messing with your leveling or roll damping affects your bike in the same way moving your stability bar would, but just better. The only thing i change for outdoors is drop my doll damping from 50.50(outdoors) to 40-45(SX) Yes you should stick with one advanced once you get used to a certain one, but what I was saying it only changes how far your bike will roll in a corner. Starting at 100 and going down by 10 or 20 until your at 10 on the stability bar is probably the worse possible way to get a feeling for the game.
KaseoDip
Village Idiot

Post by KaseoDip »

The reason I switch between two is because I can't stand a loose stability outdoors and I can't stand a stiff stability in supercross. So I just have to go back and forth. It's not hard having two. Also, I rarely play outdoors during SX unless it's just a fun track.
GunnerThall

Post by GunnerThall »

stocksy129 wrote:If you're serious about learning, get a Pro's advanced, stick to it, don't change it. Play the game until you think you have no life, realize that sim is now your life... From here, you want to continue to play more, you think you can't but there is still time you're missing on playing.

haha, i died laughing when i read this