New Update - Skiping Frames

Post your questions here
patrickhartle79
Team: VENOM

New Update - Skiping Frames

Post by patrickhartle79 »

I have had the game for almost 2 years now and love this damn game. I always keep up to date on the newest snapshots and versions. I am currently running the 2017-01-03-1329 snapshot and I believe 1.10. I went to download the new 1.11 and as I was reading the comments on it and noticed some people were having some minor frame rate problems and little lag hear and there. Once my download was done and after reading the comments I open the 1.11 not put in a folder or anything, just open it and notice that I didn't want to go through another reinstalling process. So I said I was happy with my current version and deleted the new download. Then I open my current version and started to play and noticed I was skipping frames every track I go to. I still had 125fps but it was skipping frames even on a blank track. Its annoying and I can barely play now online or off. I have an amazing gaming PC and keep it clean and have always have good frames. I dont run my graphics maxed out nor do I have other applications open when playing. can someone please help me? I just want to get back to playing this amazing game made by the man himself jlv.
BradyS21
Team: EuroTrashSilencer
Location: Working the corner to earn money to buy a new pipe because I don't know what my works pipe does :'(

Re: New Update - Skiping Frames

Post by BradyS21 »

I had this problem and solved it by turning off record demo or whatever it's called.
tyskorn wrote:WHOA WHOA WHOA. I apologize for Brady's language, everyone.
patrickhartle79
Team: VENOM

Post by patrickhartle79 »

BradyS21 wrote:I had this problem and solved it by turning off record demo or whatever it's called.
Thanks so much man it really helped. Is there anyone else that had this problem and did something else that made it work. Id like to speak for everyone else that has this problem still and hasn't complained. Hope jlv can fix this or just do a slight tweek to help make the game run smooth with record demo on.
TheBigLez
Crushed Dissenter
Team: TM Factory-Racing

Post by TheBigLez »

ive tried turning threaded optimization off turning off record demos lower my graphics a ton and im still bouncing around fps it was perfectly fine before solid 125 fps with 30-40man gate now its all over the place and i don't know what to do its fine for about 5 min then it gets worse and worse any other fixes i can try quite annoying because my pc should be able to handle it gtx 1060 sc i5 6500 haalp
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

TheBigLez wrote:ive tried turning threaded optimization off turning off record demos lower my graphics a ton and im still bouncing around fps it was perfectly fine before solid 125 fps with 30-40man gate now its all over the place and i don't know what to do its fine for about 5 min then it gets worse and worse any other fixes i can try quite annoying because my pc should be able to handle it gtx 1060 sc i5 6500 haalp
While in game, go to graphics/sound and ensure the game is using your graphics card. It will show driver info at the bottom.
Tanner Rogers
TheBigLez
Crushed Dissenter

Post by TheBigLez »

i have found a fix, i've tried everything like going back to old drivers, turning off threaded optimization and more what worked for me was going to task manager and right clicking mx.exe and setting the priority to realtime or high i haven't dropped a frame doing this hope it helps!
TheBigLez
Crushed Dissenter

Post by TheBigLez »

wait nvm it stopped dropping frames for 2 races then went back to stuttering ffs
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

I wouldn't set it to realtime. If it goes to 100% nothing else will get to run.

If changing the priority helped, it's probably a background process slowing you down. Try disabling any services you don't need.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.