When will this game be fixed?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Ascaped
Team: Privateer

When will this game be fixed?

Post by Ascaped »

It has been years since the release of the game and the game has come a long way. But the updates aren't very big and game changing. Many of us are waiting on you to fix many issues with the game, steering lock being the biggest. I just don't understand how you don't see us complaining but nothing is being done or that's what it looks like at least.

JLV could you please tell us when you decide to fix these issues that most of us if not all of us want to see fixed?

Thank you for the great game and I hope you decide to do something about the broken things in the game.
echayward

Re: When will this game be fixed?

Post by echayward »

Ascaped wrote:It has been years since the release of the game and the game has come a long way. But the updates aren't very big and game changing. Many of us are waiting on you to fix many issues with the game, steering lock being the biggest. I just don't understand how you don't see us complaining but nothing is being done or that's what it looks like at least.

JLV could you please tell us when you decide to fix these issues that most of us if not all of us want to see fixed?

Thank you for the great game and I hope you decide to do something about the broken things in the game.
i dont see anything in this game that should be fixed
VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Post by VUSTTOS »

echayward wrote:i dont see anything in this game that should be fixed
You are wrong. Just see how many people is starting to get interested in Mx Bikes lately. Also, people's super hyped about the new LCQ game and also let's not say how many people will loose interest in this game once MXGP3, Supercross 2018 and the new Nordic game comes out.

It's sad since this is a good game but it's well known that a big part of the motocross videogame community is loosing interest in this one since it's been almost the same as 7 years ago and new games are coming up.
Alex V111#1017
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

VUSTTOS wrote:almost the same as 7 years ago
You sure?
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Post by VUSTTOS »

mxsrider96 wrote:You sure?
I said almost, without dis-respecting the work JLV has done over the years.
Alex V111#1017
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

The recent changes have made the online experience much better. No experience delivers the realism of riding like this does. Go play the others and tell me they're better. Of course, if you think graphics and real teams are the deal breaker, then you don't know what quality is.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

Ascaped wrote:.
Sure there are some problems, as there are in every game, but they don't get fixed over night. Especially since it has been a one man team since the start (Which is amazing IMO). I'm absolutely positive JLV sees everyone's complaints, but seeing as the game is still in development, there are probably a lot of things he wants work on before changing something that's not necessarily broken. Front end lock sucks but we all have to deal with it.
VUSTTOS wrote:.
I'm not sure comparing being excited for new motocross games to people losing interest is correct. Half of those games you mentioned are arcade games which means most people will play them until they beat them and then stop. People playing MXB instead of MXS isnt a fair assumption either. Most people that I talk to that play MXB still play MXS more often. People play different games, which I don't think equates to losing interest over a few problems. If you had to play only one game the rest of your life it would get boring. If anything more people are leaving because of how the community has gotten over the past few years.
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

Didnt jlv ADD the steering lock? Its not a bug to my knowledge. Just something he added to punish riders who try to punt people. Before it was added you could t bone someone and ride away, but now you get steering lock and die. I think its a good feature for jlvs own servers but we should be able to enable/disable it per server as server admins. It is an absolute nightmare in professional racing and it shouldnt be a thing unless on public servers imo.
But yeah, its not a bug that needs to be fixed, its a feature. (To my knowledge anyway)
Tanner Rogers
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

Yes it was intentionally put in there. Thats what I meant by "changing something that's not necessarily broken".
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VlastMX

Post by sethiemeboi »

front wheel lock works well if you actually ram somebodies back tire, but if you actually scrape someones footpeg with your foot and then 5 feet later you fucking die its kinda stupid
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Yes, it's still a little too much. It's never actually locked though. You still have the full manual steering force but the stabilizer force is disabled. If you're really quick and you notice before you lean too far you can still save it. Originally it disabled the manual force too which left you with no steering input, which I admit was bad.

I probably will make it ramp up the stabilizer force more quickly in a future update. Right now you get no stabilizer for .5 seconds and it ramps back up to full force after 1.5 seconds. I'll probably try speeding it up by 25% or so. I'd like to find a level where you still want to punch someone for brake checking you but without the flops over insignificant contact. I have to be careful since too much stabilizer makes block passes favor the wrong rider.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Why try to fix something that isn't broken? Jlv has implemented plenty of improvements throughout the years, at times they seem like small changes but over time it's actually a pretty big improvement. The physics are the best part of the game and I'm glad he hasn't touched them drastically.
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:The recent changes have made the online experience much better. No experience delivers the realism of riding like this does. Go play the others and tell me they're better. Of course, if you think graphics and real teams are the deal breaker, then you don't know what quality is.
So I both agree, and also disagree in some respects, with this. The gameplay, while still having it's flaws as all games do, is missing one huge component in terms of how it "delivers the realism of riding" - terrain deformation. I know it's been discussed more as of late, so I won't waste everyone's time and explain why I say this, but will say that online terrain deformation is the #1 thing that at least I am looking for as a sign of significant progress in development. No single mx game has perfect rider/bike movement, nor will it. I think the reason why so many of us enjoy mxs is because of the great job JLV has done in developing that crucial component of the gameplay. That said, track deformation is another crucial component to gameplay that mxs has barely touched - and I would venture to say less than 50% of players even know how to use offline. This is motocross, and a principle component of that is an ever-changing track. Not having active terrain changes - again, in my opinion - is a huge step that needs to be taken for this game to continue to see the success it has over the past decade.
Aggressively Mediocre Image
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

I base my opinion solely on physics. If it were a wireframe only sim, it would still FEEL better than anything out there. Everything else is bonus.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
echayward

Post by echayward »

VUSTTOS wrote:
echayward wrote:i dont see anything in this game that should be fixed
You are wrong. Just see how many people is starting to get interested in Mx Bikes lately. Also, people's super hyped about the new LCQ game and also let's not say how many people will loose interest in this game once MXGP3, Supercross 2018 and the new Nordic game comes out.

It's sad since this is a good game but it's well known that a big part of the motocross videogame community is loosing interest in this one since it's been almost the same as 7 years ago and new games are coming up.
im wrong? i said "i dont see anything that needs to be fixed" my opinion. "i"