cheesy setups

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
patrickadizzle
Team: Privateer

cheesy setups

Post by patrickadizzle »

Anyone else think this game would be a lot more fun if people actually challenged themselves and tries to run non-cheeser setups?

I've been playing this game a long ass time and I know how to setup a bike really well (for outdoors at least) but that isn't the point. I know a lot of people are gonna call me a noob, whatever, I don't really care because I know I'm not one, but that isn't what this topic is about. It's about people who are fast in this game who also choose to ride cheesy setups.

When you have guys running 30+ slow speed damping with a factor or 2 or greater, or roll damping and leveling above 25-30, rider vert damping and rider forward damping above 55... Or guys who have ridiculously unrealistic fork settings with a rear that is riding the back fender the entire time. Whats the point of even playing a simulator at that point?

Races in 01 are a joke, they are 4 lap sprints, whoever has the cheesiest setup wins. Doesn't matter how good you are or how realistic your setup is, it just matters if you can bulldoze through every obstacle faster than the other guy while your bike is glued to the ground.

It's unfortunate because once you get used to playing with every setting and knowing how it changes the handling, you can make a bike that reacts VERY realistic and is fast but also difficult and satisfying to ride clean laps with.. and that is what makes this game so special...

But is terrible to race with, you're never gonna beat the guy who's been riding the same goofy setup since 2015 and hasn't bothered trying to challenge himself or get faster because he'd rather just hammer the throttle and plow through everything... because it works right, so why change it?

I get it, it sounds like I am complaining, at the end of the day it's a game and why would someone make it harder for themselves if they are winning and having fun too, but is there any interest at all for people to get faster through technique and not just gaming the game?

I'm not trying to sound like an elitist, but I think it would be cool if there was a server that had some low end restrictions that filtered out people who have these types of setups.. I proposed the idea of a low stability race and there wasn't much interest, so maybe I am completely alone in this, but I am reaching out to see if there are any others out there.
Accomplishments: Nothing, but i almost win all races in 00, 01, 02, 03
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VlastMX

Re: cheesy setups

Post by sethiemeboi »

i wish i could have a setip that mobs over braking bumps with no issues, but i use a supercross setup for outdoors too, meaning braking bumps are like landmines for me.
GHarlan
Crushed Dissenter

Post by GHarlan »

I agree 100% :lol: ..... maybe you could post your setup as a guide for other people :lol: :lol: :lol:
ROSE822
Team: Hidden Design

Post by ROSE822 »

Need Setup? hmu 8)
Uollie

Post by Uollie »

I also would like the hook up on this cheesy setup. I think I've paid my dues long enough riding an unrideable setup :D
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Sure, I'll use your setup if it's posted. All of this talk about cheese is making me hungry.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VlastMX

Post by sethiemeboi »

ROSE822 wrote:Need Setup? hmu 8)
you said to hit you up for a non garbage outdoors setup. here i am. thanks btw
ROSE822
Team: Hidden Design

Post by ROSE822 »