FPS drops on outdoors and indoors with 30+ people with "built" PC

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
newmanb138
Team: United

Re: FPS drops on outdoors and indoors with 30+ people with "built" PC

Post by newmanb138 »

Hi Im Skyqe wrote:
newmanb138 wrote:No I haven't for the CPU anyway. would you have info or insight on how to do that, or where to go to learn?
I do have GPU tweak II for my graphics. The memory clock is maxed out at 8008( not oc'ed) ALL the time when sim is open, but I thought I read somewhere that was pretty normal. and the gpu speed never runs higher than 800's. Max is 1835 before oc' I believe. I do find it weird that the gpu speed doesn't vary. Even if I oc it to the max, the actual gpu speed never goes above 800's while playing sim ever.
Run CPU Z on your second monitor when playing sim to confirm that it is running at the turbo clock speed.

If your GPU is not going above 800mhz then the settings that I gave for you to input were not applied. With power management in the control panel set to prefer maximum performance the card will run at the base clock at all times (over 1400mhz)

JLV, is there a specific reason why MXS does not recognize as a full screen program with newer Nvidia cards?
I will try that tonight. I'll take a pic of my gpu as well while playing to show it at a constant 800's. Also, does it matter that my game is "windowed" and not full screen? I do have it set to "maximum" performance so not sure what the deal is.
blind bryan

Post by blind bryan »

I've had problems like this before and honestly I restarted the computer, then went to the graphic card settings and reset each one. Even if it's set at what it's supposed to be I just click it and reset it to the same setting. It works every time for me. I have no idea why it works but that's what works for me. Just figured I'd throw out my 2 cents.

Also sometimes I'll set the global settings the same as I would want mxs settings like turning threading off and stuff.
Motoagogo
Team: Privateer

Post by Motoagogo »

Random question yet have you tried turning back on threaded optimization since you have an i5 that does not have 4 extra artificial cores that the i7 has that causes issues with the game? Also sometimes just resetting your control panel options then doing a fresh reinstall of the newest snapshot can help. Trust me I have been there and back with fps issues in this game and finally have it just right for streaming 40 riders while still running at least 80/8 on each graphics setting in game. Hope this helps any.
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

newmanb138 wrote:
Hi Im Skyqe wrote:
newmanb138 wrote:No I haven't for the CPU anyway. would you have info or insight on how to do that, or where to go to learn?
I do have GPU tweak II for my graphics. The memory clock is maxed out at 8008( not oc'ed) ALL the time when sim is open, but I thought I read somewhere that was pretty normal. and the gpu speed never runs higher than 800's. Max is 1835 before oc' I believe. I do find it weird that the gpu speed doesn't vary. Even if I oc it to the max, the actual gpu speed never goes above 800's while playing sim ever.
Run CPU Z on your second monitor when playing sim to confirm that it is running at the turbo clock speed.

If your GPU is not going above 800mhz then the settings that I gave for you to input were not applied. With power management in the control panel set to prefer maximum performance the card will run at the base clock at all times (over 1400mhz)

JLV, is there a specific reason why MXS does not recognize as a full screen program with newer Nvidia cards?
I will try that tonight. I'll take a pic of my gpu as well while playing to show it at a constant 800's. Also, does it matter that my game is "windowed" and not full screen? I do have it set to "maximum" performance so not sure what the deal is.
Windowed will give you FPS drops and may be why the card is not boosting..
newmanb138

Post by newmanb138 »

Moto, I will also try that.

Skyqe- I changed from windowed to 2560x1440 and also default full screen. No difference. I just tested it, my gpu stays at 696 which is what it is at, at idle?!? Lol
Hi Im Skyqe

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

If that is the case then the settings I gave you to put in are 100% not applying. Prefer Maximum performance will force the card to run at your base clock of 1500 or so when on desktop.
newmanb138

Post by newmanb138 »

Ok, so here's an update.
I ran GPUz last night and realized somehow my GPU Tweak II was not showing the true speeds my gpu was running. Ran GPUz and it showed my gpu at 278mhz at idle and boosted to 1633mhz when I would open sim which I assume is the base "maximum performance for my card?
So just to start over I DDU'ed my drivers and uninstalled GPU TweakII and reinstalled everything. Now the GPU Tweak II seems to be showing my accurate speeds.
When I open sim and play, my gpu stays at 1633mhz and never goes higher while playing and doesn't get above 53c with the fans off. Does this sound like a proper speed while playing maxed out graphics on a 27" 1440p 60hz monitor? Or should it probably be boosting higher? My boost speed is set to 1835mhz, but as I said it never moves off 1633mhz.
When I deleted all my drivers etc, it obviously reset all my nvidia control panel settings. So far all I have done is turn the power to max performance and turn off vertical sync(I believe that's what it's called). Is there anymore I should change? I swear I saw a video on YT that showed the settings that you should change.
newmanb138

Post by newmanb138 »

From the Asus website-
Gaming Mode (Default) - GPU Boost Clock : 1835mhz, GPU Base Clock : 1632mhz

So just to double check, the 1633mhz is the base clock for the gpu. So should it be running any higher for sim?
maggett
Team: Architech

Post by maggett »

Hi Im Skyqe wrote:With the 9xx series forward Nvidia made the decision to drop support for higher AA settings in the control panel. You need to use a program like Nvidia Inspector to use higher and better AA settings.
Hi Im Skyqe wrote:Download nVidia inspector with this link. http://www.mediafire.com/download/ebtge ... pector.rar

There is a profile included in the link that I use for screenshots, you can either use it or input these settings.

Once you have opened the application, press the wrench button that is circled. It will bring you to a profiles screen. Create a profile and link it to the MX Simulator application then apply the changes.
These are the settings I use for racing. I am on 1440P, I have found that I do not see a difference between 8x Mixed Sample AA and 16x Mixed Sample because of the resolution. On 1080P 16x Mixed Sample AA looks noticeably better.

These are the settings that I change in the control panel for MX Simulator along with the Inspector profile. Maximum pre-rendered frames, Power management mode and Texture filtering Negative LOD bias need to be changed in the control panel manually.Image
is this for better fps or better quality?
2018 EMF EU 250SX East Coast Champion
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

What's the reason the power management setting needs to be applied in the control panel vs. inspector? I had it set in both but couldn't remember if I did that manually in the control panel or not. I didn't have the pre-rendered frames set either.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Hi Im Skyqe

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

yzmxer608 wrote:What's the reason the power management setting needs to be applied in the control panel vs. inspector? I had it set in both but couldn't remember if I did that manually in the control panel or not. I didn't have the pre-rendered frames set either.
On the 10 series Inspector will not allow you to set Prefer Maximum Performance so you have to do it in the control panel.

I get better performance and better quality with these settings maggett.