2017 St Jude Race Round 2: Ironkids

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Motoagogo
Team: Privateer

2017 St Jude Race Round 2: Ironkids

Post by Motoagogo »

Thanks to Vusttos for an amazing track. Hope you all enjoy!

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/a2u8xttwc ... JudeVT.rar
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VlastMX

Re: 2017 St Jude Race Round 2: Ironkids

Post by sethiemeboi »

Great track! My only complaint is i just wish you would have smoothed your ruts out a little bit more... But thanks anyways for this noice noice track!
taelale
Team: VlastMX

Post by taelale »

Awesome track! Can't thank you enough for putting your talents towards an awesome cause!
Jesse199
Team: Greef Clothing

Post by Jesse199 »

Okay..... Wheres Scotty?
Jesse199

Post by Jesse199 »

Trevor#91
Team: Proline Designs

Post by Trevor#91 »

Cant find in game?
Jesse199

Post by Jesse199 »

is this actually a prank?
VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Post by VUSTTOS »

Creator Note
I think this event is mainly to have fun and as I predicted, lot of people signed up so I mainly went for an easy track but at the same time, it has some sketchy lines.
I tried to bring something different by adding the dirt track kind of "S". Riders will have to dominate that part to make it flow and get used to the traction.
There are some big turns without ruts that should provide lot of block passes and fun between friends. (of course hate in the races :evil: )
There will always be a photographer in the finish line jump to make sure your super scrubs on that jump can be sent to the X Games guys.
Trevor#91 wrote:Cant find in game?
You can find the track in the first few pages. 2017 St Judes...
sethiemeboi wrote:Great track! My only complaint is i just wish you would have smoothed your ruts out a little bit more... But thanks anyways for this noice noice track!
My plan was to make half the track easy and the other half a little bit sketchy. Thats why for example there are a few jumps that has ruts in the landings that aren't quite easy to catch for us the novice people but also there are some corners that are completly flat to make them super easy to the novice people but at the same time I worked on them to be fun and interesting to make block passes so they don't end up being boring.
I will definitly think about your though on my next track so ruts can be better. Thanks for your input man!
taelale wrote:Awesome track! Can't thank you enough for putting your talents towards an awesome cause!
That's the main goal, to help a great cause! Thanks Motoagogo!
Jesse199 wrote:is this actually a prank?
Could you be more detailed please? Also, if you are about to bitch, don't do it as you would look very disrespectfull to the people who has work on a charity event for lot of hours just to be able to raise money to help the people who are in need. If you are about to give a constructive review, go ahead.
Alex V111#1017
GHarlan
Crushed Dissenter

Post by GHarlan »

Probably one of my top 5 favorite tracks ive ever played well done :D
Tiago Freitas #23
Team: JR Racing Team

Post by Tiago Freitas #23 »

Awesome dudes!!!
I admire your iniciative to raise funds for the St Judes
I could donate and participate too but at the moment I am without anything on paypal haahaha
Congratulations guys :D
jtrs61
Team: Privateer

Post by jtrs61 »

Good stuff Maynard! good track... now, if only I didn't have a potato laptop that becomes completely useless on race night id be racing! in due time... im thinking after the trip to Denver for the thunder valley national...
MotoxMarcus
Team: True Colors

Post by MotoxMarcus »

I rode the track, and I have a few opinions about it. First, I'd like to say this is such an awesome event, and I really believe that this is one of the best MX Simulator events all year because people do it for the kids. The track IMO, is not very good, and there are a few reasons why. One reason is that some of the decals look messed up and sloppy. The flat corners have these random white spots that don't make any sense. Another thing is, that there are no defined edges of the track on some of the jumps. They just fade away on the side and there are no markers on the jump faces indicating where the track ends. IMO, the track doesn't flow very well either, and some jumps seem to just be randomly placed for no reason. On the other hand, the roughness is solid and the ruts are too. The track also has a very nice tile to it and traction is superb. All in all, the track is just okay for me, but I still plan on racing the event because I love the St. Jude cause. Remember, before anyone goes in on me, this is just my opinion and I wanted the track creator to know how I felt in the most polite way possible. Thanks, and I'll see you all at the race!
Jesse199

Post by Jesse199 »

Sorry man <3
VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Post by VUSTTOS »

MotoxMarcus wrote:I rode the track, and I have a few opinions about it. First, I'd like to say this is such an awesome event, and I really believe that this is one of the best MX Simulator events all year because people do it for the kids. The track IMO, is not very good, and there are a few reasons why. One reason is that some of the decals look messed up and sloppy. The flat corners have these random white spots that don't make any sense. Another thing is, that there are no defined edges of the track on some of the jumps. They just fade away on the side and there are no markers on the jump faces indicating where the track ends. IMO, the track doesn't flow very well either, and some jumps seem to just be randomly placed for no reason. On the other hand, the roughness is solid and the ruts are too. The track also has a very nice tile to it and traction is superb. All in all, the track is just okay for me, but I still plan on racing the event because I love the St. Jude cause. Remember, before anyone goes in on me, this is just my opinion and I wanted the track creator to know how I felt in the most polite way possible. Thanks, and I'll see you all at the race!
No one will go on you Marcus! I really appreciate your review. I do agree on some parts but not in others.

About the decals, I do agree they aren't that well placed in some spots and that they definitly need some work. This is why I plan on remaking this version in a soon future to make it look better and also to dedicate more time to the overall enviroment and fix some of the sections that I see need some extra work. I didn't really mind that much on that bc my goal was to create a fun track that can be run in most of the pc's without making it look superb but to be honest, I'm only 70% satisfided with the track.

About the defined edges on some of the jumps, that's exactly what I wanted to do in some of the natural jumps, I wanted to somewhat integrate them into the natural hills. I think the rest of the jumps are well visible but yeah, maybe an Acerbis yellow stick would of have been good to the people who run low setting and may not see that well the decals. I will take that in note for the next one.

About the flow, it all depends on how you see it. As I said before, I wanted to make half the track easy and interesting and the other 50% a little bit more sketchy. That's why you have small and techinal jumps in the firts half of the track and then you quickly go into a very fast downhill with almost no ruts and big jumps to throw whips. That quick change may be because of why you think track doesn't flow good. Once I got used to both parts, I found the flow. What part do you think doesn't flow good?

I do appreciate your review and if you want I will be sending you the beta of the remaking so we can work together on it as I've seen you have made a couple tracks before.
GHarlan wrote:Probably one of my top 5 favorite tracks ive ever played well done :D
This says a lot! Glad you are enjoying it!
Tiago Freita #23 wrote:Awesome dudes!!!
I admire your iniciative to raise funds for the St Judes
I could donate and participate too but at the moment I am without anything on paypal haahaha
Congratulations guys :D
Money is not everything sometimes! You are definitly helping the event and the cause by writing that message. Really appreciate it, all credits go to Motoagogo for such a cool event.
Alex V111#1017
Prada

Post by Prada »

im thinking the track could use a bit more fiber in its diet

fun track tho