2017 Outdoor Discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Re: 2017 Outdoor Discussion

Post by DBRider251 »

Wahlamt wrote:Does this mean no more free streams and quite immediately being able to see it on the promotocross website?
http://racerxonline.com/2017/05/11/2017 ... -announced
First I gotta pay for rF, now this. And I thought Motocross was an expensive sport just to compete in.
I don't mind paying for rF, keeps out the spodes
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
Dunivant25

Post by Dunivant25 »

DBRider251 wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:Does this mean no more free streams and quite immediately being able to see it on the promotocross website?
First I gotta pay for rF, now this. And I thought Motocross was an expensive sport just to compete in.
And people like you that don't want to pay for a livestream is messed up. The amount of money that goes into a production like that is crazy. So paying $50 for 12 rounds that comes out to almost $4 per round. Come on now thats a deal.
nickuzick

Post by nickuzick »

Dunivant25 wrote:
DBRider251 wrote:
And people like you that don't want to pay for a livestream is messed up. The amount of money that goes into a production like that is crazy. So paying $50 for 12 rounds that comes out to almost $4 per round. Come on now thats a deal.
Also you can replay the races whenever (I think until the subscription runs out). I bought that instantly
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

I'd much rather pay NBC directly at $4 per round than pay Comcast a fuck ton more per month to get a bunch of channels I'll never watch just so I can watch the races. And you don't even have to pay to get an expansion service for both motos like you do in my area
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

DBRider251 wrote:
Life is expensive. Get over it.
DBRider251

Post by DBRider251 »

It's not that I don't WANT to support them and fork out the $50, it just makes it hard on me when I'm barely making it as is. All the payments I have with a $9/hr job makes it hard when I don't have my parents supporting me. And I'm not saying any of you still have mommy and daddy pay for everything, it just hit me kinda hard when I turned 19 and they put $300 worth of bills on me unexpectedly, on top of the $300 I already paid. Sorry for the life story

After I looked into it more, I don't think its a bad idea. $50 for ad free is probably what is going to sell me on it. My streams freeze up during commercials. It sucks I'll only get to watch maybe 5 motos this year though. Not really getting my money's worth. On demand is a good perk, but social media ruins it 90% of the time.

I guess I'm bitching more over the fact that Mx isn't recognized like Sx, and gets no TV time, when Mx is more enjoyable.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

MX is harder to broadcast than SX. Every location in SX they go to has Command Center and connections/cameras already set to live broadcast. MX is out in a field and all the broadcasting equipment is ran out of a truck. Huge difference.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

As long as it works better than the SX streams, I'm happy.... Bought daytona (+ a few others), but Daytona didn't work. Stupid shit.
damon99
Team: MXSG

Post by damon99 »

Well now I have to re-think my 450 class top 3...
ktm2219
Team: Privateer

Post by ktm2219 »

Who's gonna be tomacs main competition now? Musquin?
Trevor Doiron
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

Getting smoked all the time will make you feel like you don't want to race I guess. #notmychampion

Seriously though, good for him. A lot of guys don't know when to hang up their boots cough*JS7*cough.
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

DBRider251 wrote:
808 wrote:
damon99 wrote: What do you mean if he did?? He IS coming back (probably not for about a year). What do you think happened to him? His arm was fixed by some of the best doctors in the world and im sure he'll train his ass off and be in shape. Shoot he's training right now even in his current state. His injury could have been career ending, but it wasn't.
his doctors literally told him his injuries were career ending lol
Normally, they're career ending. He's still riding
he's never going to be the same, people need to open their eyes and start realizing the extreme nature of his injuries. he's had how many surgeries? and you think he's just gonna come back good as new?
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
Cummings55
Team: RFORCE8

Post by Cummings55 »

I am in no way 100% convinced that Roczen will come back and race at this level again, but I will say if anyone was going to do it, it would be him. Overcoming injury is just like racing, the mental side is almost as much if not more important than the physical part.

Anyways, it's a pretty bittersweet thing to see Ryan retire. He wasn't my favorite rider to watch, but damn that man did so much good for our sport. I couldn't believe it when I saw he landed the Wheaties cover. What a hero on and off the track.

I'm a Tomac fan and have been for awhile, believe it or not, but I really do hope that someone gives him a run for his money. Anderson started to come on a bit at the end of Supercross and I can see Musquin being up there as well. Saturday can't come any sooner!
DBRider251

Post by DBRider251 »

Didn't people say RV was done after he blew out both knees? Then he won 4 in a row in SX
damon99
Team: MXSG

Post by damon99 »

Cummings55 wrote:Saturday can't come any sooner!