server issue, connecting to server

Post your questions here
Bobber113

server issue, connecting to server

Post by Bobber113 »

this week i have come across a problem where i cannot race on my server

i have set it up on a spare machine i use for media hoasting and up until now i have had no issues

tried all port forwarding, firewall and even reseting everything and starting again to see if that works,

even got a big telecoms server admin to take a look and see if i have done something wrong and even they say it should work

cant get on vier the ip nor the domain name even tho it is on the same network as my gaming rig.

just get 'contacting server' over and over again and starting to loose what little hair i have

Anyone able to shed some light on what i can do, the demain is live, the ip and subnets are all up to date, firewall disabled and re applied port forwarding.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: server issue, connecting to server

Post by jlv »

From inside your NAT lan you have to use the internal address. If you wanted the external address to work from behind the NAT router the router would have to support loopback which is very uncommon.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Bobber113

Re: server issue, connecting to server

Post by Bobber113 »

Thank you for your reply JLV turns out during a pushed update for my router a few more security check box's where added and turned on.

My fault there lol

All back and working now :mrgreen: :mrgreen: