Whats your pc?

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Re: Whats your pc?

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

Pumaxcs wrote:So sometime the weekend I'll go through driver/software one by one to see which one botched me up so bad but for now things are the way it should be. Thanks Peter
NP.. Its funny how many issues you can have from Windows deciding not installing properly somehow.. I've had it happen more than once too, wish there was competition for Windows so they wouldn't be able to drag there asses like they do... :lol:

BTW if you haven't seen go take a look at the X299 leak.. Amazing what competition can do to Intel... Finally getting more cores with equal single core performance to the four cores. :D
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Racing299 wrote:Okay, so my PC was having issues with going into a boot loop. I soon found out it wasn't reading Ram slots 2 and 4. I thought no big deal and just used 1 and 3. After a few months, the lack of ram was bottlenecking higher demanding things. I tried a new mobo, cpu, and ram (CPU was the last thing replaced). On replacing the CPU, it would only boot with 1 ram stick. I unplugged it from power and shorted the battery terminal on the mobo, that gave me the second ram stick back. Its still not reading 2 and 4 though. I'm out of ideas.
Run a memtest and make sure it isn't the modules. If that works set BIOS to defaults and use XMP profile for RAM. If that doesn't work I'd contact the MB as it might be the board controller.
Hi Im Skyqe wrote:
Pumaxcs wrote:So sometime the weekend I'll go through driver/software one by one to see which one botched me up so bad but for now things are the way it should be. Thanks Peter
NP.. Its funny how many issues you can have from Windows deciding not installing properly somehow.. I've had it happen more than once too, wish there was competition for Windows so they wouldn't be able to drag there asses like they do... :lol:

BTW if you haven't seen go take a look at the X299 leak.. Amazing what competition can do to Intel... Finally getting more cores with equal single core performance to the four cores. :D
Yep. Since I just did the install I really didn't think that could be it but something happened it didn't like. I have seen the new Intel stuff but luckily I bought all my stuff through Microcenter and got a 2 year store warranty on CPU/MB/GPU/GPU. So while I did pay 2k for all of my stuff this time I can return any of those 4 parts within my 2 year warranty and get a full price refund toward anything else in their store. So my next full PC upgrade will only cost me $100 or so per thing(returned item worth full price but I'll loose the $50 I paid in warranty and on the new item I'll purchase the warranty again). I don't see any reason for me to ditch my 7700k because if Intel puts higher cores out in the wild it will push games to improve multicore and ultimately make my current stuff better. However, if I do decide to do it it won't cost me arm/leg to do so.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

I wish we had MicroCenter here, Frys sucks in comparison.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

I drove 4 hours to St Louis for one. You gotta want it. :lol:
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Hi Im Skyqe

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

Pumaxcs wrote:
Racing299 wrote:Okay, so my PC was having issues with going into a boot loop. I soon found out it wasn't reading Ram slots 2 and 4. I thought no big deal and just used 1 and 3. After a few months, the lack of ram was bottlenecking higher demanding things. I tried a new mobo, cpu, and ram (CPU was the last thing replaced). On replacing the CPU, it would only boot with 1 ram stick. I unplugged it from power and shorted the battery terminal on the mobo, that gave me the second ram stick back. Its still not reading 2 and 4 though. I'm out of ideas.
Run a memtest and make sure it isn't the modules. If that works set BIOS to defaults and use XMP profile for RAM. If that doesn't work I'd contact the MB as it might be the board controller.
Hi Im Skyqe wrote:

Yep. Since I just did the install I really didn't think that could be it but something happened it didn't like. I have seen the new Intel stuff but luckily I bought all my stuff through Microcenter and got a 2 year store warranty on CPU/MB/GPU/GPU. So while I did pay 2k for all of my stuff this time I can return any of those 4 parts within my 2 year warranty and get a full price refund toward anything else in their store. So my next full PC upgrade will only cost me $100 or so per thing(returned item worth full price but I'll loose the $50 I paid in warranty and on the new item I'll purchase the warranty again). I don't see any reason for me to ditch my 7700k because if Intel puts higher cores out in the wild it will push games to improve multicore and ultimately make my current stuff better. However, if I do decide to do it it won't cost me arm/leg to do so.
Yeah crazy how the 8 core is only going to have 28 PCI-e lanes.. Have to go up to a 10 core for 40 lanes, but the speed is still 4.4 turbo boost 2.0 and 4.5 turbo boost 3.0 (single core boosts up above the rest to 4.5). Thats a pretty cool deal with Microcenter.
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

Pumaxcs wrote:I drove 4 hours to St Louis for one. You gotta want it. :lol:
400 miles each way to the closest one from me unfortunately.
John23

Post by John23 »

Looking to upgrade my PC. My Current PC retails for a little over $1100, so I think I can get $900 out of it. Put together a list of parts I want to get for a new rig. Looking to keep price around the $1300 range.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($209.00 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: NZXT - Kraken X62 Liquid CPU Cooler ($159.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus - PRIME Z270-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($149.89 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($126.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($107.88 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Dual Series Video Card ($379.00 @ Jet)
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ B&H)
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($37.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1270.53
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-05-20 15:16 EDT-0400
jlv wrote:This post is useless.
BradyS21
Team: EuroTrashSilencer
Location: Working the corner to earn money to buy a new pipe because I don't know what my works pipe does :'(

Post by BradyS21 »

I'm broke this week, any chance I can make that donation towards your new pc next week? Also how's the college life?
tyskorn wrote:WHOA WHOA WHOA. I apologize for Brady's language, everyone.
John23

Post by John23 »

BradyS21 wrote:I'm broke this week, any chance I can make that donation towards your new pc next week? Also how's the college life?
jlv wrote:This post is useless.
Hi Im Skyqe

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

Your second sentence made me stop reading.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

Hey guys, quick question. Would a second PC help with network lag while streaming? Right now, I only get about 2000kbps down, and that's not enough to stream 720p. I was wondering if the 2000kbps was for each system, or if that was over the total network. I've looked and looked for an answer, I just cant find anything.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

DBRider251 wrote:Hey guys, quick question. Would a second PC help with network lag while streaming? Right now, I only get about 2000kbps down, and that's not enough to stream 720p. I was wondering if the 2000kbps was for each system, or if that was over the total network. I've looked and looked for an answer, I just cant find anything.
2000kbps up* my bad
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

DBRider251 wrote:
DBRider251 wrote:Hey guys, quick question. Would a second PC help with network lag while streaming? Right now, I only get about 2000kbps down, and that's not enough to stream 720p. I was wondering if the 2000kbps was for each system, or if that was over the total network. I've looked and looked for an answer, I just cant find anything.
2000kbps up* my bad
Unless your network is completely f'ed your connection to the ISP is probably the slowest part so a second PC wouldn't help.
mack| spokes
Team: Onlyfansracing

Post by mack| spokes »

Well i have finally found a suitable name for my trusty old computer, GRAVEDIGGER. This computer is a tank i swear, i spent most of my afternoon trying to fix it changing stuff around etc and just as i was about to give up i plugged everything in for what i thought was going to be the last time and it was running perfectly smooth like usual apart from being dumb founded i was keen to see if it could be true and sure enough it was. I think my motherboard was having some trouble but after a quick rebuild it seems to be fine.
jlv wrote: Either way, for a suicidal rampage it was pretty good.
MXSEMF
mack| spokes
Team: Onlyfansracing

Post by mack| spokes »

DP Looking at buying some new parts, if im replacing my Mother Board, CPU and Ram will i need to buy windows again?
jlv wrote: Either way, for a suicidal rampage it was pretty good.
MXSEMF