Post your suggestions here
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VlastMX

Re: Engine Tuning

Post by sethiemeboi »

USABMXER1 wrote:
sethiemeboi wrote:
USABMXER1 wrote: Huh I don't Seth Garrett?
wow my whole name, it's like we're brothers
I mean you said I don't know you, well you're Seth Garrett, your a Novice rider that doesn't have a brain, and you're hated by a lot of the community.
if you can give me 1 good reason why this is true i'll never post again
USABMXER1
Team: DaBaum Designs

Post by USABMXER1 »

sethiemeboi wrote:
USABMXER1 wrote:
sethiemeboi wrote: wow my whole name, it's like we're brothers
I mean you said I don't know you, well you're Seth Garrett, your a Novice rider that doesn't have a brain, and you're hated by a lot of the community.
You start shit with people and then you literally argue with them after you have been proven wrong more than 1 time and this forum post in here is a perfect example of it by you saying that it is just the gearing that you need to change when engine tuning would change how literally the entire bike feels from changing the engine to different settings. There is a perfectly good reason so thanks for never posting again Seth.
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter

Post by sethiemeboi »

USABMXER1 wrote:
sethiemeboi wrote:
USABMXER1 wrote: I mean you said I don't know you, well you're Seth Garrett, your a Novice rider that doesn't have a brain, and you're hated by a lot of the community.
You start shit with people and then you literally argue with them after you have been proven wrong more than 1 time and this forum post in here is a perfect example of it by you saying that it is just the gearing that you need to change when engine tuning would change how literally the entire bike feels from changing the engine to different settings. There is a perfectly good reason so thanks for never posting again Seth.
lmaoooo i said one thing then got bombarded with hate for no reason
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

sethiemeboi wrote:
USABMXER1 wrote:
sethiemeboi wrote: if you can give me 1 good reason why this is true i'll never post again
Sure, you can look at this single thread and say 'I made one post' but you have been posting in many of the suggestion threads made and shoot everything down as a stupid idea.

Your first comment was in a smart ass tone saying gearing is the same thing as engine tuning. You then get an informative post with reasoning why it would be a good addition and is completely different. You also never make a single attempt to explain how gearing is the same as engine adjustments. Honestly, it would be nice if you didn't try to act like an expert and would be open minded to suggestions people make. Especially if you can't back up the claim you made with any type of technical reasoning that has substance to it.
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter

Post by sethiemeboi »

Hi Im Skyqe wrote:
sethiemeboi wrote:
USABMXER1 wrote: You start shit with people and then you literally argue with them after you have been proven wrong more than 1 time and this forum post in here is a perfect example of it by you saying that it is just the gearing that you need to change when engine tuning would change how literally the entire bike feels from changing the engine to different settings. There is a perfectly good reason so thanks for never posting again Seth.
Sure, you can look at this single thread and say 'I made one post' but you have been posting in many of the suggestion threads made and shoot everything down as a stupid idea.

Your first comment was in a smart ass tone saying gearing is the same thing as engine tuning. You then get an informative post with reasoning why it would be a good addition and is completely different. You also never make a single attempt to explain how gearing is the same as engine adjustments. Honestly, it would be nice if you didn't try to act like an expert and would be open minded to suggestions people make. Especially if you can't back up the claim you made with any type of technical reasoning that has substance to it.
these.. these are internet forums. what did you expect?
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

sethiemeboi wrote:
Hi Im Skyqe wrote:
sethiemeboi wrote: lmaoooo i said one thing then got bombarded with hate for no reason

Thanks for proving my point, your posts are a waste of bandwidth.
USABMXER1

Post by USABMXER1 »

Hi Im Skyqe wrote:
sethiemeboi wrote:
Hi Im Skyqe wrote:

This guy right here is a smart guy and understands it!
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter

Post by sethiemeboi »

USABMXER1 wrote:
Hi Im Skyqe wrote:
sethiemeboi wrote: these.. these are internet forums. what did you expect?
you guys are mean lol
USABMXER1

Post by USABMXER1 »

sethiemeboi wrote:
USABMXER1 wrote:
Hi Im Skyqe wrote:
you guys are mean lol
Truth hurts bud, life doesn't give you what you want at all.
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter

Post by sethiemeboi »

USABMXER1 wrote:
sethiemeboi wrote:
USABMXER1 wrote: This guy right here is a smart guy and understands it!
you guys are mean lol
Truth hurts bud, life doesn't give you what you want at all.
ok dad
Thegoat4
Team: Privateer

Post by Thegoat4 »

Does someone know if this is something JLV has talked about in the past to might make it possible ? Or if someone can tell him to have a look at this suggestion ?
Dumbbelly29
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by Dumbbelly29 »

seth is aids
blind bryan

Post by blind bryan »

Yah im actually really down with the tuning thing.

As far as the handling thing, i think if you could tune the motor up and down it would drasticly change the way the bike handles. Even just changing gearing now changes the way the bike reacts to bumps. The bike is so dynamic the way it is now, with the way traction and gearing effect it, that i think the motor tuning would be all thats needed for more then enough handling options.

Also i think i would be one of the only people tuning the engines down haha. I run a crazy high gear now just to smooth out the suspension and make it smoother in the corners. I would love to be able to tone the motor down a bit and run smaller gearing to get back some acceleration.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Thegoat4 wrote:Does someone know if this is something JLV has talked about in the past to might make it possible ? Or if someone can tell him to have a look at this suggestion ?
Race Tech's dynos for the 2017's did have dynos for a few different mappings depending on the bike. I could add them but I think it'd be a waste of time. You can already choose different curves by using different bikes and everyone just rides the fc450 and 250sx-f.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter

Post by sethiemeboi »

jlv wrote:I think it'd be a waste of time.
8)