2017 rF Pro and Amateur Nationals

Organize races and post results here
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Re: 2017 rF Pro and Amateur Nationals

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Ddavis wrote:....putting in good rides for about a month now...ego is through the roof...classifies himself as a "better racer" ...it doesn't mean he should try to belittle them and talk shit.
If I had a dime for every time I've seen this happen, I'd also have a whole shitload of dimes. Cyber ego is hilarious and totally predictable.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

Burkeen820 wrote:Haha, yeah, the dude that buys a $50 setup to make himself worth a fuck is calling me pathetic, real funny. Could've just accepted the apology instead of being a huge douche canoe but good luck lapping me next time it won't be as easy
Was saying its pathetic how you were trying to blame that on your irl injuries. It's a racing incident shit happens, happens irl too and like Mullins said I'll learn from it.
Fyi I've never paid for a setup in my life but if I would have known what it has done for me, I prob would have. Tbh I think Colton's advanced has helped me out more than anything.
Ddavis wrote:I understand why Atom is mad at Burkeen, but I don't think Burkeen really did anything wrong there. What happens if Burkeen hugs the inside line and Atom or Mullins lands on him? Best thing for Matt to do is rail the berm and gtfo of the way in the sweeper, which he did.

I don't know if I should be happy or annoyed Atom is doing so well. It's cool to see someone put in the time and have it pay off, but at the same time I don't want it to go to his head. He's been putting in good rides for about a month now and I feel like his ego is through the roof and he already classifies himself as a "better racer" than a lot of guys that have been up front for years now on the game. At the moment he might be quicker, but it doesn't mean he should try to belittle them and talk shit.
He could have rolled the double from the inside until we got by since he was already closer to it (He took the outside before that corner). Feel like he went out of his way just to take the main line and that effected our battle. I understand he was in a battle too and we might have came up on him faster than he expected. It's all good I'll learn from it. Need to start chilling out before I go posting on the forums when I'm in the heat of the moment.
Now about my "Ego". My mindset is I'm just trying to be one of the top guys, I want to be up there battling. I'm not belittling anybody, MattyB obviously has a single digit for a reason. Am I saying hes one of the smartest guys on the track? Maybe but I know I have a target on my back from a lot of people. Feel like a majority are out to get me and thats cool but I race everyone with the same respect. Not just gonna go blowing people off corners because I think I'm better than them. If you happy from my progress I appreciate ya and that means a lot but I feel like the only thing thats changed are my results
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

[quote="Atom6246"My mindset is I'm just trying to be one of the top guys, I want to be up there battling[/quote]

I can relate to this. In the past I've "taken it easy" and let the Mullins, Tysen, Armstrong level riders go past me without really battling them, but this year (even in SX) I wanted to race hard with everyone and not care if you've won before, or you're going to the front, I'm battling everyone hard. It's a shame I've gotten so much hatred this season for battling hard and not giving up a position because I'm not as fast, but hey I'm trying to get my first overall podium, I'm trying to lead laps, I'm trying to get credibility, I want to get a win one of these days... I've been "consistent" for so long now and took a 5th or 6th over pushing it beyond my limits and maybe getting a podium. I get a lot of shit for never getting a win, let alone a podium overall, but I've also backed it off just to get solid points while a lot of you (Kyle Robb for example) will win by 30 seconds one moto then get 30th the next. I'm not saying I can win if I hang it out, but hey maybe I can get a podium or get lucky and get a moto win if I get out front, ride hard, and don't make too many mistakes. What I do know is I'll never get a win if I back off and let a guy like Tysen or Mullins pass me because they have the red plate or whatever.
Lnxa
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by Lnxa »

When everyone takes the same line on the first lap.
Gonna be stealing Awoods idea of style check and make a video tomorrow when I get the time so I hope you guys got sideways on the first lap.
[center][b]|[/b] 2013 EMF MX1 Champion - 3x rF 450 MX Champion ('15/'16/'17) [b]|[/b]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/Lnxamxs]Youtube[/url] [url=https://www.twitch.tv/lnxa]Twitch[/url]
"I hit my desk too hard again and my game crashed" -Rush[/center]
[img]https://yip.su/1w7sq7[/img]
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

Does anyone have the 250 moto 2 demo?
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

Lnxa wrote:When everyone takes the same line on the first lap.
Gonna be stealing Awoods idea of style check and make a video tomorrow when I get the time so I hope you guys got sideways on the first lap.
Pretty sure I was near dead last on the first laps of both motos :lol:
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

Have to say the track makers did a pretty good job- http://www.vitalmx.com/videos/features/ ... 32/GuyB,64
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

T_Frye127
Team: Volcom

Post by T_Frye127 »

:shock:
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I just saw this. Uh what Atom :lol:

Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

haha shit was getting rowdy, prob costed me the win right there tbh
Clfitty
Team: Madcape

Post by Clfitty »

One thing that is annoying me is the race pace of like 3rd to 7th is my best qualifying time. My race pace is like 2 or 3 seconds off and it's like, I know I can run that one lap to hang around 5th but you guys do that every lap. It's frustrating watching people inch away. I need to work on limiting a few mistakes (mostly due to my nerves), and running a couple seconds quicker per lap throughout the race.

Still can't believe I finished where I did considering how much I couldn't flow with the track.
Cam Lee - #36 - 450 Pro
jakebarrett
Team: GM

Post by jakebarrett »

Clfitty wrote:One thing that is annoying me is the race pace of like 3rd to 7th is my best qualifying time. My race pace is like 2 or 3 seconds off and it's like, I know I can run that one lap to hang around 5th but you guys do that every lap. It's frustrating watching people inch away. I need to work on limiting a few mistakes (mostly due to my nerves), and running a couple seconds quicker per lap throughout the race.

Still can't believe I finished where I did considering how much I couldn't flow with the track.
what position did you get
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Clfitty wrote:One thing that is annoying me is the race pace of like 3rd to 7th is my best qualifying time.
My strength is running my qualifying laps in the actual race, High Point ironically being the exception. People usually drop off their laps 2-3 seconds in the race, so I subtract two seconds off their qualifying laps and that's usually how I see how I'm going to do. :lol: It takes time to run your "fast laps" consistently in the race. There's a reason why there's a lot of people that can qualify up front but can't finish up there.
Clfitty
Team: Madcape

Post by Clfitty »

jakebarrett wrote:
Clfitty wrote:One thing that is annoying me is the race pace of like 3rd to 7th is my best qualifying time. My race pace is like 2 or 3 seconds off and it's like, I know I can run that one lap to hang around 5th but you guys do that every lap. It's frustrating watching people inch away. I need to work on limiting a few mistakes (mostly due to my nerves), and running a couple seconds quicker per lap throughout the race.

what position did you get
11th overall. My best moto finish is a 7th.
Cam Lee - #36 - 450 Pro