air control

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
MrDiggle
Team: Privateer

air control

Post by MrDiggle »

So i've got myself the demo of the game, hooked my controller up and started playing. watched some videos explaining the diffrent settings and what they'd do, but i cant find how to control my jumps. Every takeoff is me ending doing a frontflip not able to change anything.

Is there some toturial/tips how not to front flip every jump?

Thx
Diggle
Uollie

Re: air control

Post by Uollie »

Just takes a lot of practice, man. give it a day or two of a fair amount of practice and you'll figure out the right amount of controller input to jump well.

It's literally all about teaching yourself all the muscle memory of the steps to do certain obstacles...You know the steps...now you just need to practice the steps enough so that you just do it, rather than think about it.
JackGat369
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by JackGat369 »

Manual gearing helped me
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Practice makes everything. Just get a feel for when to pull back in the face of the jump. Raising your "rider mass distribution" from 0.33 to at least 0.40 helped me a bit in the beginning. A lot of people seem to ride 0.48-0.50 today. Back in the day when the traction was more slippery, it used to be more negative to ride a higher mass distribution since you'd slide out, but on these new asphalt-like tracks, it doesn't matter really. But try 0.40 to start with and see if that helps at all. Also try to put shock rebound damping on 75-75, perhaps that might do something too.
SKERICK
Team: Mick Skezz

Post by SKERICK »

Throttle all the way up the jumps, do not shut off throttle on the lip.
otherwise dbl check your forward backward controls are binded correctly.
NoJobSloB
Team: Privateer

Post by NoJobSloB »

Make sure your not in arcade mode, Ride it like you would in real life, lean back and gas it at the face of the jump, being in the right gear is key. You might try a 250 2 stroke, the front end seems to stay light and up, making less endos on jump landings. the extra power helps. Plus who doesn't love a 2 stroke?! :mrgreen: This is just what has helped me, idk anything setup or suspension wise. hope this helps you get ripping.
Damon Meek #147 | Privateer