This SUPER Realistic Stability Setup I've Been Running

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
RSmithDRIFT
Team: Privateer

This SUPER Realistic Stability Setup I've Been Running

Post by RSmithDRIFT »

So this is what i've been running for about a year now. It took me over a year to get right. Yea, it's not traditional. No I dont care what you have to say about it. I've been on 2 wheels my whole life and this replicates what I've experienced. I'm 30 btw. Run whatever bike setup you like, I'm no expert on mx suspension setup. But yes, you will be slower in the turns. That's because in real life you cant change the stability settings of a bike to make it turn on a dime at 50mph. These cornering speeds are realistic now with this setup. The way the bike is always on the edge of laying down or high siding at high cornering speeds is realistic. The way the bike levels itself (slowly) is realistic. The weight feeling of the bike (IE the roll damping) is realistic. Dont believe me? Try a realistic FOV setting. http://www.projectimmersion.com/fov/ In my driving sims ( I have a cockpit) I run a 32" monitor and I'm about 30" away from it. So A 29* Vertical field of view is ideal. Converted to a horizontal FOV for this game that would be 48*. That's super realistic, but because of the small screen its not very useable, so I end up using a 60* FOV in my driving sims and a 90* fov in this one. It's the lowest I can stand. If you see screen distortion when you're turning your FOV is a major problem and needs to be lowered. When you run a more accurate FOV you will notice one thing VERY QUICKLY, These new tracks (since 2014+ basically) are crazy unrealistically over scaled and steep. These tracks were not made for realistic physics and FOV, they were made for people who are obsessed with making the game as easy and unrealistic as possible. Are they fun with these stupid unrealistic setups? Sure. Is it right for every track for a SIMULATOR to be made this way? Absolutely not. So for that reason, I provide, accurate bike movement behavior. Those who enjoy simulating real life will love it. Fuckboys who just want to troll and make the game stupidly arcade like everything else because they have no respect for reality will hate it. And that's fine, they can have there stupid settings. It's like playing COD with someone running the lowest sensitivity setting. You cant beat them because they've learned to defeat the point of the game. Nobody can spin that fast irl and some of us actually care about realism. So for you all who actually give a fuck about realism, I implore you to try these settings. Maybe some more realistic tracks (like the old ones) will get made because of it.

stability=50.000000
leveling=85.000000
roll_damping=50.000000
roll_limit_angle=0.000000
roll_limit_factor=0.000000
steering_damping=40.000000
steering_strength=95.000000
max_steering_force=750.000000
direct_steering=1.000000
slow_damping_speed=40.000000
slow_damping_factor=1.750000
land_damping_falloff=0.125000
land_damping_factor=2.000000
full_lock_speed=1.000000
restricted_lock_speed=50.000000
restricted_lock=10.000000
arcade=No
front_brake=Normal
rear_brake=Normal
stop_wheelies=No
auto_shift=No
auto_dab=Yes
auto_align=No
sticky_dab=No
reverse_steering=Yes
lean_indicator=No
auto_clutch_rpms=4000.000000
brake_torque=450.000000
rear_brake_torque=300.000000
max_dab_speed=40.000000
front_sprocket_adjustment=-2.000000
rear_sprocket_adjustment=2.000000
fork_compression_adjustment=75.000000
fork_slow_compression_adjustment=45.000000
fork_rebound_adjustment=85.000000
fork_slow_rebound_adjustment=55.000000
fork_spring_rate_adjustment=55.000000
fork_preload_adjustment=55.000000
fork_oil_level_adjustment=50.000000
shock_compression_adjustment=85.000000
shock_slow_compression_adjustment=55.000000
shock_rebound_adjustment=95.000000
shock_slow_rebound_adjustment=65.000000
shock_spring_rate_adjustment=45.000000
shock_preload_adjustment=45.000000
rider_yspring=100.000000
rider_ydamping=40.000000
rider_zspring=100.000000
rider_zdamping=40.000000
rider_mass_distribution=0.500000

This is what it took to get the game to behave correctly with no roll limits and enough leveling that the bike will gradually straighten it'self out of a corner like in real life and the bike still have weight to it's movements. The game is very sensitive to these values and changes to one with out the ones that correspond will cause massive instability and wobbling, etc. I included my suspension but it's just what suits me. And on a realistic track with a atleast decently accurate fov it feels VERY good. It's on unrealistic tracks that things get difficult, but only because you cant clear the jumps because you'd have to have F1 car speeds through the corners to do so. But god is is so much fun to nail a hot lap with this setup on a realistic track. Super rewarding like it should be.
KTM57

Re: This SUPER Realistic Stability Setup I've Been Running

Post by KTM57 »

I will take your uppity lecture on realism seriously when you turn off auto dab.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

I rode around with your stability settings for a few laps found that it feels similar to the MXGP games in that the bike holds itself upright to a fault. It certainly doesn't simulate the feel of riding a motorcycle in my eyes. I would equate the feel of cornering to riding a streetbike at slow speed. I run a fairly loose setup, and I understand your intent, but I think you could study up a little more on the mechanics of a 200lb motorcycle and reevaluate. It is not difficult to get a motorcycle to fall past a 45 degree angle in a slow 180 degree turn. It feels pretty good in a straight line at speed if not a little stiff due to the extremely high leveling.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
J.Armstrong
Team: dunno

Post by J.Armstrong »

Super realistic for a C class hero
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

J.Armstrong wrote:Super realistic for a C class hero
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
Lnxa
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Lnxa »

RSmithDRIFT wrote:and a 90* fov in this one.
[center][b]|[/b] 2013 EMF MX1 Champion - 3x rF 450 MX Champion ('15/'16/'17) [b]|[/b]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/Lnxamxs]Youtube[/url] [url=https://www.twitch.tv/lnxa]Twitch[/url]
"I hit my desk too hard again and my game crashed" -Rush[/center]
[img]https://yip.su/1w7sq7[/img]
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

You seem to be confused on what realistic is. Shoot me a PM and ill help you out maybe shed some light. I can make you a 100% realistic stability if you want.
Tanner Rogers
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

motokid499 wrote:You seem to be confused on what realistic is. Shoot me a PM and ill help you out maybe shed some light. I can make you a 100% realistic stability if you want.
Wow but don't help me with my setup -_-
motokid499

Post by motokid499 »

AHeckman2 wrote:
motokid499 wrote:You seem to be confused on what realistic is. Shoot me a PM and ill help you out maybe shed some light. I can make you a 100% realistic stability if you want.
When have I not helped you lol
Tanner Rogers
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

motokid499 wrote:
AHeckman2 wrote:
When have I not helped you lol
Back in May ya holigan, check ur messenger lol
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Oh god. Mr. Realism is back outta the cave. Remember, HE knows. We don't.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
motokid499

Post by motokid499 »

I completely agree that the advanced stability's most people run are extremely unrealistic and the tracks are built the way they are because of that and yes probably FOV as well. However, your idea of a realistic stability could not be more off.
Tanner Rogers
RSmithDRIFT

Post by RSmithDRIFT »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:Oh god. Mr. Realism is back outta the cave. Remember, HE knows. We don't.
No worries. Like I said, This isnt to start a war. I said my piece already. I've found my harmony with this game. I quite like my current set up. It's fun on every track. Even makes it so difficult that I have the same amount of skill in game as I have in real life. That is, I CAN hit some of the big lines if I get balsy enough but some of them I just cant. And I'm really good at the small lines. And no more wierd shit happening for the most part. Sometimes it still does those wierd crashes due to the rider not leaving the bike but you cant do anything but laugh at those
RSmithDRIFT

Post by RSmithDRIFT »

KTM57 wrote:I will take your uppity lecture on realism seriously when you turn off auto dab.
How come I've never seen this auto dab before?? Is it new? I thought their was only sticky dab on/off. WTF. What does auto dab even do? I been clicking the stick to dab on lips to preload along with leaning forward/back. Seems to work well
RSmithDRIFT

Post by RSmithDRIFT »

Nevermind I figured it out... Auto dab is "dab when stopped" lol. Yea, what's wrong with that? Like I said I use the non sticky dab to preload sometimes. I prefer that my rider (like I would) automatically sits his ass down when he comes to a hault. It doesnt even affect the way the rider rides :lol: