Make 50s slightly quicker

Post your suggestions here
Ddavis

Make 50s slightly quicker

Post by Ddavis »

Not too much quicker, but right now they're not even ride-able on most tracks. Especially for most cases, you can barely get out of the gate. I'd love to see the 50s just a tick quicker so you can actually race people on them, but still not be able to do ridiculous jumps. It seems like the top speed for 50s are pretty good, but the bottom end is just too slow for most types of tracks on this game to make people want to ride them. Anyone who has messed around on a TTR-50 or CRF50 irl knows how fun they are to rip, and have pretty decent bottom end power, they just tap out at a certain speed. This is obviously low priority for you jlv, but if its something that's an easy fix (mapping different numbers on the 50 dyno chart or whatever) then it would be really cool to see added.
jakebarrett
Team: GM

Re: Make 50s slightly quicker

Post by jakebarrett »

Ddavis wrote:Not too much quicker, but right now they're not even ride-able on most tracks. Especially for most cases, you can barely get out of the gate. I'd love to see the 50s just a tick quicker so you can actually race people on them, but still not be able to do ridiculous jumps. It seems like the top speed for 50s are pretty good, but the bottom end is just too slow for most types of tracks on this game to make people want to ride them. Anyone who has messed around on a TTR-50 or CRF50 irl knows how fun they are to rip, and have pretty decent bottom end power, they just tap out at a certain speed. This is obviously low priority for you jlv, but if its something that's an easy fix (mapping different numbers on the 50 dyno chart or whatever) then it would be really cool to see added.
+1
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

Ddavis wrote:Not too much quicker, but right now they're not even ride-able on most tracks. Especially for most cases, you can barely get out of the gate. I'd love to see the 50s just a tick quicker so you can actually race people on them, but still not be able to do ridiculous jumps. It seems like the top speed for 50s are pretty good, but the bottom end is just too slow for most types of tracks on this game to make people want to ride them. Anyone who has messed around on a TTR-50 or CRF50 irl knows how fun they are to rip, and have pretty decent bottom end power, they just tap out at a certain speed. This is obviously low priority for you jlv, but if its something that's an easy fix (mapping different numbers on the 50 dyno chart or whatever) then it would be really cool to see added.
they are fast as shit, they just get up to speed slowly

you can crank a fucking sx triple on those things
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
ColtHans

Post by ColtHans »

808 wrote:

no you cant...I agree with devin
Sandhapper
Team: MotoRAD

Post by Sandhapper »

85s are the solution. 8)
2013 EMF outdoors 2nd place overall
2013 MxSCentral outdoors 2nd place overall
2012 EMF outdoors 2nd overall
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall
2011 SMA outdoors champion

jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

They're at their best on tracks with low rolling resistance. On high resistance tracks it'd take a lot of power to make them work.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

ColtHans wrote:
808 wrote:

yes you can... i've literally done it before you just have to come from off track..
they are FAST they just have 0 acceleration
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VlastMX

Post by sethiemeboi »

ColtHans wrote:
808 wrote:

Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

808 wrote:hey are FAST they just have 0 acceleration
Are you illiterate? That's what I'm asking him to fix dingdong.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Just start making more 50cc tracks. Low roll resistance and you'll be fine. Had to fiddle with that when I made my 50cc track..
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

Ddavis wrote:
gee didnt have to be so goddamn mean about it ;(
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

808 wrote:
Ddavis wrote:
gee didnt have to be so goddamn mean about it ;(
Read my post and you won't receive critical replies.
funkychicken
Team: 251 Graphix I guess

Post by funkychicken »

+1
also if you can make them automatic instead of having to shift like they are irl
| Unofficially Official MotoSavage Rookie of the Year 2017 |
Pumaxcs wrote:Women ain't shit, man.

They'll lick a public toilet seat but ignore my texts.
Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Post by Andy_Hack »

Sandhapper wrote:85s are the solution. 8)
Yeah, replace 50s with 85s
*fancy signature*
d4u5d6u7 wrote:good staff, nice skins, like
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

funkychicken wrote:+1
also if you can make them automatic instead of having to shift like they are irl
The 50's JLV has made are not the mini 50's we have today. They're full sized 50's with more moped-like engines or something. Someone posted a gopro from a race with such bikes a few years ago... Can't find that particular video, but here's another one:

Before there were 80cc's, there was 50cc's on big wheels and a few more hp's. I believe that video shows those old bikes. Maybe JLV can tell us more (pleaese).