Whats your pc?

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Re: Whats your pc?

Post by DBRider251 »

Sabo wrote:I stand with my shoe in my mouth.
Yeah you BITCH
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

Gosh that looks insane CamLee
John23

Post by John23 »

jlv wrote:This post is useless.
KAWASAKIZ
Team: Privateer

Post by KAWASAKIZ »

Sold my rx470 for 250€ and got a R9 fury x from a friend for 320€.
I5 4460 @3.2Ghz (Stock), 8Gb Ram (4x2) HyperX Fury @1600 mhz, H81M Plus, XFX RX 470 4Gb Black Edition, Corsair VS650w, Apevia X-Hermes (soon 750D)
SirWrecksAlot

Post by SirWrecksAlot »

Mobo: Asus Strix b350-f
CPU: ryzen 5 1600
GPU: 1050 ti
PSU: Evga Supernova 650 g2
Storage: Seagate HDD, something, something 250gb, 7200 rpm

Haven't played Sim for 3 months until I finished this. My first ever build an I was nervous AF. Could've went a little higher on the GPU but for now this is fine for me. And is there a 50-60 fps cap now? Unless it's because I'm using a HDMI. If so then I'll switch to my DVI. Still need another HDD and SSD
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

Make sure vsync is off. That'll cap you at 60
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

SirWrecksAlot wrote:Haven't played Sim for 3 months until I finished this. My first ever build an I was nervous AF. Could've went a little higher on the GPU but for now this is fine for me. And is there a 50-60 fps cap now? Unless it's because I'm using a HDMI. If so then I'll switch to my DVI. Still need another HDD and SSD
HDMI won't let you go above 60fps, I would switch to DVI. That's what I had to do as I played at 60fps for months before I looked at my monitor specs and realized I could run 144 fps lol. Now I don't know what I would do without it.
michael30

Post by michael30 »

AHeckman2 wrote:
SirWrecksAlot wrote:Haven't played Sim for 3 months until I finished this. My first ever build an I was nervous AF. Could've went a little higher on the GPU but for now this is fine for me. And is there a 50-60 fps cap now? Unless it's because I'm using a HDMI. If so then I'll switch to my DVI. Still need another HDD and SSD
HDMI won't let you go above 60fps, I would switch to DVI. That's what I had to do as I played at 60fps for months before I looked at my monitor specs and realized I could run 144 fps lol. Now I don't know what I would do without it.
doesnt make any sense
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

AHeckman2 wrote:
HDMI can do 120hz at 1080p depending on which hdmi version. I'd say go DP if you are switches. As sonny said, make sure V-sync is off.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

AHeckman2 wrote:
I think you mean hz, not fps
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

DBRider251 wrote:
AHeckman2 wrote:
Hz and fps equate to the same thing.
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

Whether that's true or not, it definitely isn't true that HDMI can only do 60 fps. I used to run 125 at all times on HDMI
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
SirWrecksAlot

Post by SirWrecksAlot »

AHeckman2 wrote:
thanks yo, worked beautifully
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

mxsrider96 wrote:Whether that's true or not, it definitely isn't true that HDMI can only do 60 fps. I used to run 125 at all times on HDMI
Most HDMI and DVI cables will not facilitate more than 60hz refresh rate at 1080p. Your PC can render whatever it wants, but your monitor will flash 60 times per second. Typically, you will use dual link DVI or DisplayPort to push past 60hz.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

AHeckman2 wrote:
DBRider251 wrote:
AHeckman2 wrote: HDMI won't let you go above 60fps, I would switch to DVI. That's what I had to do as I played at 60fps for months before I looked at my monitor specs and realized I could run 144 fps lol. Now I don't know what I would do without it.
Hz and fps equate to the same thing.

In MXS the difference between 125 and 60 FPS is astronomical. MXS FPS and other games FPS cannot be compared, you can instantly tell the difference in frames from 125 to 111 in MXS. In other games that would be hardly if at all noticeable.

HDMI 1.3 and above can support 144Hz at 1080P. Problem being, most monitors are not HDMI 1.3 capable which is why most are capped at 60Hz on HDMI and are capable of 144Hz on DP or DVI.

You can most definitely run 125 FPS on a 60Hz monitor for MXS, just turn V-Sync off in the Nvidia Control Panel and MXS will go to 125 FPS. From my experience pushing extra frames to the monitor is better in MXS, seems to help with frame drops giving more headroom for when you hit the more intensive area's on the track. Would be nice if we had a higher FPS limit so we could push the GPU a bit harder so there is less chance of frame drops when the workload does increase.