Photoshop using ridiculous amounts of storage

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Atom6246

Photoshop using ridiculous amounts of storage

Post by Atom6246 »

Any idea why I'm losing gb of space when opening templates in PS or even opening PS in general? The template is only 500mb but took over 5gb out of my disk. I didn't even touch the temp literally just opened it. If I work for like 30min - an hour both of my disks will be full but go back to normal when I close PS. Heard it might be my RAM running out of memory or something but I have 10gb for Photoshop alone. Plus this has never been an issue until recently. Deleted a 26gb temporary file that didn't do anything. Switched my main scratch disk to my 2nd SSD, didn't help.
Any help will be much appreciated, thanks.
Cummings55
Team: RFORCE8

Re: Photoshop using ridiculous amounts of storage

Post by Cummings55 »

I have had the same issue as of lately. With certain templates, I can barely even work because the program or my PC will freeze up. I only have 8gb of memory, but I had never had this issue. Are you using CC?
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

Cummings55 wrote:I have had the same issue as of lately. With certain templates, I can barely even work because the program or my PC will freeze up. I only have 8gb of memory, but I had never had this issue. Are you using CC?
Should have mentioned that. Yes I'm using CC.
I'll try some of my older templates to see if that might be the problem.
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

Idk what I did but it seems like its back to normal.