Tim Gajser/Ken Roczen crash MEC

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
jonracer594

Tim Gajser/Ken Roczen crash MEC

Post by jonracer594 »

Am I the only one that sees the similarity between those two crashes? They happend on the same side of the stadium, they both happend on Hondas and the way TG and KR crashed also looked pretty similar...Illuminati confirmed

Here are the videos so you can see what I mean
Gajser(start at 0:54)

Roczen(start at 0:50)

Of course all this can be just a coincidence, but to me it looks like the suspension killed them both a bit. It almost looks like the suspension gives them a 'preload' when they case a jump in a rhythm section and then it just sends them off.
Brad_Smith

Re: Tim Gajser/Ken Roczen crash MEC

Post by Brad_Smith »

Aaron Hall
Team: Architech

Post by Aaron Hall »

Gajser runs Showa and Roczen runs KYB, just saying. Gajser had struggled with that section all day, hence why he wasn't tripling it. I think he realized how much time he was losing a lap from not doing it and said fuck it but then carried too much speed for it.
maggett wrote:when JLV gives u a good dickslappin
ROSE822 wrote:braden carter die u inbred veggie cunt
RhysHarris
Team: FCA Offroad

Post by RhysHarris »

Brad_Smith wrote:Image
lol
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Clip a rhythm section on a Supercross track and see how your bike reacts to it.
ColtHans

Post by ColtHans »

Ddavis wrote:Clip a rhythm section on a Supercross track and see how your bike reacts to it.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I'll add that both of them cased the jump with their front end higher than normal, which yes results in a bit of a G-out and going over the bars.
tysimmons141
Team: Privateer

Post by tysimmons141 »

Just because the bike is a Honda doesn't mean the suspension is made by the same manufacturer, let alone similar in any way, shape or form... Lord almighty..
Haberfield24
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Haberfield24 »

I do understand your logic, I know people give it the whole KYB & Showa thing but are the internals really that different? I think that it's strange that it is always on a Honda. A lot of things effect the feel of a bike not always just suspension. I.e. the frame material, subframe, swingarm and even engine mounts.

swoodmx
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by swoodmx »

The common denominator on both crashes is a Honda Also known as a turd with red spray paint. Plus my friend is pro supercross rider and can clip rhythm sections all day with his Showa A-kit suspension that is not even Factory suspension like Tim Gaiser has, plus that face he clipped is not even that gnarly you can case things way more severe with Supercross suspension.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Yes, Seely's shock at MXoN is why Roczen and Gajser crashed. We found the answer guys! Cole Seely is to blame.
Aaron Hall

Post by Aaron Hall »

Is it just me or do Cole's disk brakes look photoshopped lol
Aaron Hall

Post by Aaron Hall »

DP, Roczen's A2 crash is unrelated as the reason he crashed was due to the left side being rougher and having a kicker on it, Marvin spoke about it in a interview that he was also getting a big kick from running down the left hand side. Cole's Shock collapsed due mud packing under a sleeve I think, and that was said to be a fault with KYB. Also Gajser ran Showa and had no problems with his suspension that weekend so there must be some differences
Haberfield24
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Haberfield24 »

I don't understand the need for the sarcastic comment DDavis, i'm sure redbull and all your youth "i think i'm a straight shredder" sponsors don't pay you to be a cunt. All I'm trying to do is having a discussion on it as it seems to be weird how the biggest Supercross crash I've seen in recent years was on a honda as well as the americas MXoN hopes being destroyed by a shock in a red bike twice.

Irwin's rear shock issue at the Weston Beach race this weekend.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

m121c

Post by m121c »

You know normally I would laugh at this type of thing... but I am really starting to wonder if there isn't some kind of odd flexing or poor frame geometry that has a strange force on the rear shock.

I mean Roczens big crash is questionable as to what happened, could have been a kick, could have been an odd timing error, who knows other than KR and he probably doesn't even know. Although I would argue both MEC crashes were due to rider error, it's hard to ignore some of the harshness in the kicks they are getting + the two shock failures from Seeley. The crashes can be explained as rider error, the shock from Seeley can be blamed on works parts, but what about this:

Lets not forget they did have a big change with the rear shock:

I think the first and third photos are the same bike. However, someone needs to explain why these bikes with less than 50 hours have the frame tabs being ripped off. Honda can say all they want about Seeley's rear shock malfunctions I guess, but something just seems odd here? Suspension brand and components doesn't mean anything if you are possibly getting abnormal force to the rear end.