I think my isp is blocking servers/certain ip addresses

Post your questions here
Brock1198
Team: Cycleworks

I think my isp is blocking servers/certain ip addresses

Post by Brock1198 »

Its happened to me on 4 mxsim.fr servers and 1 flowtech. what happens is when im on a server with friends for about 30 mins or more it starts lagging really bad and then it just freezes. after i close sim out i try to reconnect but it just says contacting server. no matter what i try or if i wait a week it still wont let me connect but i can connect to different servers just fine. i think my isp is blacklisting ip addresses cause it happen to me on a few message boards about rc cars too.
jlv wrote:
yzmxer608 wrote:Alrighty jlv time to lock this, politic arguments get people nowhere fast. :?
Are you kidding me? This is a perfect opportunity to break out the American Chopper meme!
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Re: I think my isp is blocking servers/certain ip addresses

Post by yzmxer608 »

Have you tried pinging them and see what it does?
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Brock1198

Post by Brock1198 »

yzmxer608 wrote:Have you tried pinging them and see what it does?
how would i ping the server it self?
jlv wrote:
yzmxer608 wrote:Alrighty jlv time to lock this, politic arguments get people nowhere fast. :?
Are you kidding me? This is a perfect opportunity to break out the American Chopper meme!
Brock1198

Post by Brock1198 »

Brock1198 wrote:
yzmxer608 wrote:Have you tried pinging them and see what it does?
how would i ping the server it self?
my friends can connect to them fine
jlv wrote:
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Easiest way is to use the command prompt https://iihelp.iinet.net.au/How_to_run_a_ping_test .
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.