FPS Drops

Post your questions here
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Re: FPS Drops

Post by motokid499 »

You know what, now that I think of it, that's exactly the type of lag I'm experiencing. When I go into an erode server it will lag a lot for me but normally I'm too distracted to care about the lag because of how much fun I'm having, but there was always a noticeable lag compared to servers that weren't running erode. Now however, going between erode and non erode servers makes no difference. It's the exact same crappy lag that happens when erode is on, even when it's off. The same way it lags a couple seconds after you load in etc. It's like the servers I'm playing in may be set to erode but isn't deforming the ground at all because the setting is at 0 or something. It doesn't make sense tho because it should only lag when it's actually changing the ground no? Some servers are fine and others with the same track and same amount of riders will lag like crazy. Even tho they both don't have erode on
Tanner Rogers
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

If it's only happening online try lowering your model texture detail setting. Could just be too many skins using up your texture memory.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
WillSt24
Team: BPC

Post by WillSt24 »

jlv wrote:If it's only happening online try lowering your model texture detail setting. Could just be too many skins using up your texture memory.
It is doing the same thing online/offline, but only since Erode got added to the game.
| WILLIAM ST-LAURENT |
MXS best finish : 2nd [SX] 3rd [MX]
WillSt24
Team: BPC

Post by WillSt24 »

WillSt24 wrote:
jlv wrote:If it's only happening online try lowering your model texture detail setting. Could just be too many skins using up your texture memory.
It is doing the same thing online/offline, but only since Erode got *added online and started getting more developped.
| WILLIAM ST-LAURENT |
MXS best finish : 2nd [SX] 3rd [MX]
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

The erode stuff is only activated when the erode setting is more than 0.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
motokid499

Post by motokid499 »

Maybe it was something affecting windows for awhile that messed with a few people. I'm not experiencing the problem anymore, although I also didn't change a thing so there's no reason I can think of as to why the problem went away.
Tanner Rogers
Clintos15

Post by Clintos15 »

I still have this problem ? Im only baffled cause i have a i7-4770 and a gtx 960 and i could run a 40 man rf gate and drop to 111 and 20 man sx and not experience a drop in fps but now get 10 riders on sx and its fps dropping same with outdoors?
2018-2019 AUSMX 250 National Champion
Im washed up :roll:
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

motokid499 wrote:Maybe it was something affecting windows for awhile that messed with a few people. I'm not experiencing the problem anymore, although I also didn't change a thing so there's no reason I can think of as to why the problem went away.
Did you ever try disabling any services? Stuff like Windows search updating can really bog down your system.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Clintos15

Post by Clintos15 »

jlv wrote:
motokid499 wrote:Maybe it was something affecting windows for awhile that messed with a few people. I'm not experiencing the problem anymore, although I also didn't change a thing so there's no reason I can think of as to why the problem went away.
Did you ever try disabling any services? Stuff like Windows search updating can really bog down your system.

So JLV, im guessing each service shows a pid before its description, Is a pid a usage metre ? Cause im unsure on what to disable.
motokid499

Post by motokid499 »

jlv wrote: Did you ever try disabling any services? Stuff like Windows search updating can really bog down your system.
I did not. I just got on one day and no lag. I didn't manually change anything anyway.
Tanner Rogers
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Clintos15 wrote:
jlv wrote:

So JLV, im guessing each service shows a pid before its description, Is a pid a usage metre ? Cause im unsure on what to disable.
PID is the process ID. I'd try stopping Windows Search first. Building the search index could easily slow down your system. You'll obviously want to turn it back on if you want to use Windows Search.

There's a pretty good article here about using task manager to show how much cpu/memory/io each process is using.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Clintos15

Post by Clintos15 »

jlv wrote:
Clintos15 wrote:
jlv wrote: Did you ever try disabling any services? Stuff like Windows search updating can really bog down your system.

PID is the process ID. I'd try stopping Windows Search first. Building the search index could easily slow down your system. You'll obviously want to turn it back on if you want to use Windows Search.

There's a pretty good article here about using task manager to show how much cpu/memory/io each process is using.
Okay, ill try that and see if i notice and improvements.