WHATS A GOOD LAPTOP FOR MXS?

Organize races and post results here
jamie kinna
Team: Privateer

WHATS A GOOD LAPTOP FOR MXS?

Post by jamie kinna »

Hello fellow mxs,

I am looking to get a laptop and just wondering whats a half decent laptop that will run 50-60fps with alright graphics with 20-40 ppl on supercross at nationals events?
any feed back would help,

thanks,
mx201
Team: Madcape

Re: WHATS A GOOD LAPTOP FOR MXS?

Post by mx201 »

Get a computer
#1 All Time 250 RF NA Motocross Winner
#1 All Time 250 RF EU Winner
16th overall on the RF Gaming All Time Wins List
Ripping_reckless

Post by Ripping_reckless »

dont get a laptop you can get a desktop way cheaper that better
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

What are your reasons for needing it to be a laptop? A desktop will always offer better price/performance but I trust you have your reasons for needing a laptop. I made the decision to get a laptop and although it is a great system, the amount I spent on it ($1600) would've got me a beast of a desktop. I couldve gotten the same performance for about $900 if I went for a desktop. Unfortunately I needed a laptop for reasons.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-inspi ... Id=5872507

Something like that would run MXS well.
Tanner Rogers
RhysHarris
Team: FCA Offroad

Post by RhysHarris »

if you want to play for example at home and then go somewhere and have the portability then certainly buy a laptop but if its just for you playing sim at home get a PC
Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Post by Andy_Hack »

First of all, Laptops are shit. Macbooks are the only ones that actually work, but they're not for gaming.
If you need a Laptop, get a Macbook, if you want to play games, get a Windows PC.
*fancy signature*
d4u5d6u7 wrote:good staff, nice skins, like
motokid499

Post by motokid499 »

Andy_Hack wrote:First of all, Laptops are shit. Macbooks are the only ones that actually work, but they're not for gaming.
If you need a Laptop, get a Macbook, if you want to play games, get a Windows PC.
I disagree. There are some really good laptop manufacturers out there, you just have to know where to look. I'm guessing you haven't had the best experience with windows laptops and have reasons behind your opinion but I don't think its fair to say all laptops are shit.

http://www.eurocom.com/ec/configure(2,405,0)SkyMX5R3

I know Eurocom makes some solid notebooks and you can configure them as well.
Tanner Rogers
Ashe
Team: Trap House Inc.

Post by Ashe »

If this helps you at all I play on a macbook and its great and gets me 125fps on just about any track with full gates. The plus side for me personally with having a laptop and it being a mac is that i boot camped windows onto it so the OS side is for all my school work and the windows side is for games.Its like having two laptops in one. Hopefully this helps you in anyway.
Cummings55
Team: RFORCE8

Post by Cummings55 »

I got an Asus ROG about 2 years ago for $800, which now that I look back on it was a pretty good deal. It has a quad core i7, 8gb of RAM, 1tb hard drive, and a GTX960. I had to get a laptop for school and also wanted it to be something I could play games on. If you can find a deal like that, I would highly recommend getting the laptop (if you’re set on a laptop of course). Otherwise, take these guys’ advice and get a desktop. I still want to build a desktop to have solely for gaming and editing.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

jamie kinna wrote:Hello fellow mxs,

I am looking to get a laptop and just wondering whats a half decent laptop that will run 50-60fps with alright graphics with 20-40 ppl on supercross at nationals events?
any feed back would help,

thanks,
What's your budget? That's the first thing to go off.
Bradclay306

Post by Bradclay306 »

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-GL702VM-G ... 060+laptop

this is what i run on, needed a laptop for uni but also wanted something for sim and games. works perfect for what i want.
jamie kinna

Post by jamie kinna »

motokid499 wrote:What are your reasons for needing it to be a laptop? A desktop will always offer better price/performance but I trust you have your reasons for needing a laptop. I made the decision to get a laptop and although it is a great system, the amount I spent on it ($1600) would've got me a beast of a desktop. I couldve gotten the same performance for about $900 if I went for a desktop. Unfortunately I needed a laptop for reasons.

got any pc reccomendations?
motokid499

Post by motokid499 »

jamie kinna wrote:
motokid499 wrote:What are your reasons for needing it to be a laptop? A desktop will always offer better price/performance but I trust you have your reasons for needing a laptop. I made the decision to get a laptop and although it is a great system, the amount I spent on it ($1600) would've got me a beast of a desktop. I couldve gotten the same performance for about $900 if I went for a desktop. Unfortunately I needed a laptop for reasons.

Would you be willing to build one?
Tanner Rogers
jamie kinna

Post by jamie kinna »

motokid499 wrote:
jamie kinna wrote:

probably not man I wouldn't know where to start, I just want a pc under 800 thatll run sim with 40 ppl with 60fps haha
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

jamie kinna wrote:
motokid499 wrote:
jamie kinna wrote:
probably not man I wouldn't know where to start, I just want a pc under 800 thatll run sim with 40 ppl with 60fps haha
Building a PC is easy. Anyone on here will create you a decent parts list, you just have to follow a youtube tutorial on how to build it. It's really easy honestly. I've built at least 10 between me and my friends.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault