MX Bikes demo

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: MX Bikes demo

Post by jlv »

Since I'm perpetually behind schedule starting a new game would probably be a bad idea. I guess it wouldn't be that hard though. Switching to 256 Hz physics and adding some new bikes would pretty much do it.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
aaronr5
Team: DAM

Post by aaronr5 »

WE WANT SCRIPTING.
NoFear345
Team: IG: @dryan345

Post by NoFear345 »

aaronr5 wrote:WE WANT SCRIPTING.
YESSSSSS.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

jlv wrote:Switching to 256 Hz physics...
Shit, I'll just take the 256Hz physics. Is it at 128Hz now JLV? Might as well go with DX12 too, right?
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Clintos15

Post by Clintos15 »

jlv wrote:Since I'm perpetually behind schedule starting a new game would probably be a bad idea. I guess it wouldn't be that hard though. Switching to 256 Hz physics and adding some new bikes would pretty much do it.
Is this a possibilty? Would make the game alot better along with new added sounds.
2018-2019 AUSMX 250 National Champion
Im washed up :roll:
Dumbbelly29
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by Dumbbelly29 »

Would love to see some physics updates, it's a shame to see this game getting left behind with newer engines allowing much more advanced features and such.. anyone wanna try replicate sim in unreal? :mrgreen: now THAT is a triple A title...

Have you ever thought about changing the engine JLV? you might find it quicker and easier to implement mx simulator physics in another engine rather than trying to bring other features into the existing one..

I don't know much on the subject of game engines, though I could see it being a possibility that some things you're currently working on getting into sim could already be there in other engines just requiring configuration

Though this game is still 10 fold better than anything out on the market rn IMO... it could do with an overhaul, 10 years since my first purchase and I'm now finally getting tired of it :cry:

Pls don't make me go I love it here
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

jlv wrote:
Phathry25 wrote:You're wrong. MX Bikes uses counter steering as well and doesn't apply outside forces to the bike. MX simulator does. That's what the gyroscopic stabilizer is. Outside forces...

Although MX Bikes is letting the computer do the actual steering of the bike. So the disconnect from controller to game is larger. You can manually disable the computer helper in MX Bikes, but it's not worth it without additional stabilization. You're correct that MX Sim is unrivaled though.
Phat is wrong. MX Simulator does not use outside forces. The stabilizer only applies force (and the required counter force) to the steering.

Arcade mode does cheat and use external forces.
It just trips me out because in MX-Bikes, when I turn right, my bars turn right. I'm sure it does use counter steering but little things like that, even if its just for visual purposes, makes the game feel weird to me. If I go into my advanced stability on MX Simulator and put my direct steering at zero, that's what MX-Bikes feels like to me, except its way more smoothed out in MX-Bikes and has some outside forces to help with in air physics and the bars actually turn and stuff. I guess that would explain the feeling you were talking about Phat... How you feel more disconnected in MX-Bikes. In MXS I feel like my controller has a direct input to the steering of my bike I love it.
Tanner Rogers
NoFear345
Team: IG: @dryan345

Post by NoFear345 »

LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

Dumbbelly29 wrote:you might find it quicker and easier to implement mx simulator physics in another engine rather than trying to bring other features into the existing one..
Physics dont come built in with game engines. Sure you have basic rigidbody physics for gravity, mass and basic collisions etc, but you still have to write everything yourself. I'm sure once physics are where he wants them to be then he'll work on the graphics rendering pipeline.
Btw, the ability to write custom shaders would be cool in the future!
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Agreed. That's what I'm doing once the erode stuff is sorted out.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:
jlv wrote:Switching to 256 Hz physics...
Shit, I'll just take the 256Hz physics. Is it at 128Hz now JLV? Might as well go with DX12 too, right?
It's at 128 Hz now. I've thought about switching to Vulkan but I'm guessing there's still a lot of hardware out there that doesn't support it.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
aaronr5
Team: DAM

Post by aaronr5 »

jlv wrote:
Agreed. That's what I'm doing once the erode stuff is sorted out.
Any idea what JS engine you are planning to use? I know you said you were looking into it a while back.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

aaronr5 wrote:Any idea what JS engine you are planning to use? I know you said you were looking into it a while back.
Leaning towards Duktape. Looks super easy to integrate. No JIT compiler but if anything is too slow I can just write a custom C routine for it.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

Ugh! Custom, that's surely going to take development time away from GP Simulator.... :evil:
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Speaking of which, have there been any new development on the new stock models? Or has that come to a halt?