Controller!

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
justinkeuben
Team: Privateer

Controller!

Post by justinkeuben »

Hello folks.

I always played sim on my mac, what not was a problem but with the new update sim doesn't work on my mac anymore.. (whatever)
Now i am playing it again on my PC but the steering goes slithly left or right. so i bought a new controller but its the same problem.

On my mac i had a button that the middle point of the steering could adjust. is there something i can use on windows??

Thanks for your help!!
justinkeuben

Re: Controller!

Post by justinkeuben »

I mean the dead point of my analogue stick is leaning slightly left or right. on a basis mx track its doable but when I go on the sx section and especially whoops can't keep it straight

:twisted: :twisted:
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

You can edit your dead zones manually by editing your config file (in your personal folder) with a text editor like Notepad++.

Search for lines like these:

left_key=(-0.100000,-0.900000)Controller(XBOX360ForWindows) axis 0
right_key=(-0.100000,0.900000)Controller(XBOX360ForWindows) axis 0

You can then change the first values in parentheses to tighten or loosen your dead zones. Values closer to zero will create a tighter dead zone. You can also change the second value to adjust the point at which the control is fully engaged. Values further from zero will create a broader range, but you may run the risk of not reaching full lock.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
justinkeuben

Post by justinkeuben »

Thanks I will try it :)
justinkeuben

Post by justinkeuben »

KTM57 wrote:You can edit your dead zones manually by editing your config file (in your personal folder) with a text editor like Notepad++.

Search for lines like these:

right_key=(-0.100000,0.900000)Controller(XBOX360ForWindows) axis 0

You can then change the first values in parentheses to tighten or loosen your dead zones. Values closer to zero will create a tighter dead zone. You can also change the second value to adjust the point at which the control is fully engaged. Values further from zero will create a broader range, but you may run the risk of not reaching full lock.

What number will you suggest??
this would help allot :)
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

You might want to make small adjustments and test it out until you're happy, but I have all of mine set from 0.1 to 0.9.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
justinkeuben

Post by justinkeuben »

Hi mate it works a little.. but not that much the most thing that change is that the controller is turn much slower... but i would like to change te point on the stick that the steering does nothing.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

What values did you choose? It sounds like you have done something wrong if your steering is noticeably slower.
Halvorson

Post by Halvorson »

KTM57 wrote:What values did you choose? It sounds like you have done something wrong if your steering is noticeably slower.
I never even knew you could do this. I've been using the same controller for years because others don't have the same sensitivity of steering. I tried using the values from my old xbox360 controller that I've been using and putting those values on the controller I have now. The sensitivity is better but now the steering veers off to the right. I've tried playing around with the numbers but the steering still veers off to the right.
justinkeuben

Post by justinkeuben »

KTM57 wrote:What values did you choose? It sounds like you have done something wrong if your steering is noticeably slower.
i have tried 0,9 1,3 1,7 2,0 on both sides on left and right movements
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

I'm pretty sure that the problem is that you need to choose values between 0 and 1, but I don't know what controller you are using or how it works.
justinkeuben

Post by justinkeuben »

KTM57 wrote:I'm pretty sure that the problem is that you need to choose values between 0 and 1, but I don't know what controller you are using or how it works.
I bought a new xbox 360 controller for windows..
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

OK! You will want to have values similar to mine in that case. You can bring the first values closer to zero to tighten the dead zones and further from zero to loosen them. The axes move from -1 to 1, so you will have to stay between those two. Also keep in mind that when editing numbers like this for MXS files, you always go to 6 decimal places.

right_key=(0.100000,0.900000)Controller(XBOX360ForWindows) axis 0
justinkeuben

Post by justinkeuben »

KTM57 wrote:OK! You will want to have values similar to mine in that case. You can bring the first values closer to zero to tighten the dead zones and further from zero to loosen them. The axes move from -1 to 1, so you will have to stay between those two. Also keep in mind that when editing numbers like this for MXS files, you always go to 6 decimal places.

right_key=(0.100000,0.900000)Controller(XBOX360ForWindows) axis 0
thanks mate I will have a go when I am home! this is yours??
justinkeuben

Post by justinkeuben »

Thanks mate!!
it does work much better with 0.9-0.9 but not perfect!!!
but its doable now.. if someone has more ideas let me know!!

But thankss !!! 8) 8) 8) 8)