Upcoming Skins and Shader Maps #2

Post about creating and skinning models here
silverskate
Team: BikeGraphix

Re: Upcoming Skins and Shader Maps #2

Post by silverskate »

aeffertz wrote:
John23 wrote:So, IMO, mine looks better in game because it has all the straight lines and curves it should, but in the PSD, it looks all jacked.

Would someone be able to shed some light onto this situation and why every single skinner goes to the clean PSD, but not as clean in game. I don't mean to come off rude to content creators, but I'm just confused on if I'm doing anything wrong. I would love to have a clean PSD as well as a clean in game skin.
Your does look much better in game. And the way you are doing it takes more time but the end result is better. The quicker and easier way is to map it all out in photoshop using straight lines over the UV map to get the basic design however, your final product won't look as nice.
to have a clean psd and in game need re-bake the uv map from p2sta rider model, now im waiting for Jre rider model to buy it and do 2018/19 gears.
Your gears looks clean in game, looks good bro
m121c

Post by m121c »

@John

I always went with the philosophy that given the fabrics non-rigid structure, it will never be straight as it is would be laying flat. The wrinkles and such will always distort the jersey, the texture itself in photoshop is basically what I invisioned was what the jersey would look like as its printed flat.

The great thing about making your own stuff is that you get to decide what you think looks best. Personally, I dont feel straight lines should be straight in game (however they should match at the seams) as thats not how it would be IRL, but to each their own.

I used to have a killer tutorial I used to send out in pms about how I did my shading/norms but I dont think I have it anymore. If anyone has it still, feel free to send it back to me and I’ll make an official topic.
John23

Post by John23 »

@Mason

Thanks, man! What you said really makes sense about imaging the psd as if it is being layed out flat. I'll go with that!!
jlv wrote:This post is useless.
M@xTizZz
Team: TizZy-Design

Post by M@xTizZz »

m121c wrote:@John

I always went with the philosophy that given the fabrics non-rigid structure, it will never be straight as it is would be laying flat. The wrinkles and such will always distort the jersey, the texture itself in photoshop is basically what I invisioned was what the jersey would look like as its printed flat.

The great thing about making your own stuff is that you get to decide what you think looks best. Personally, I dont feel straight lines should be straight in game (however they should match at the seams) as thats not how it would be IRL, but to each their own.

I used to have a killer tutorial I used to send out in pms about how I did my shading/norms but I dont think I have it anymore. If anyone has it still, feel free to send it back to me and I’ll make an official topic.
i'm also interested to see this tutorial 8)
Maxime Tison
I AM NOT MXSEMF Official admin ANYMORE | PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME ABOUT MXSEMF
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

m121c wrote: I used to have a killer tutorial I used to send out in pms about how I did my shading/norms but I dont think I have it anymore. If anyone has it still, feel free to send it back to me and I’ll make an official topic.
I think I still have it
broland278
Team: MotoSavage

Post by broland278 »

learning photoshop lol Tips wanted!

nickuzick

Post by nickuzick »

Does anyone have a motoseat for Andy's KTM that they can share? PM if you do please
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

John23 wrote:
Boblob801 wrote:Make em from height maps, always seems to be the easiest, fastest (Once you get her dialled) and looks okay too.
By height maps, do you mean the normal map?
Nah nah height maps, you can't make normal maps from normal maps? Well I guess you could
Fuck YEAH Wikipedia referencing
Anyway, as you can see by that link you just make a black and white height map, if you read the little blurb, it pretty much tells you, high things are white, low things are black (kinda like society, wait what?!?!?)
So pretty much keep everything a neutral grey then things like butt patches or vents can be at the opposite end of that scale.
Mason probably made some really bad tutorial about how to do it somewhere but if you want to see a filthy, even worse one, I think I made one somewhere (I know I always planned on making a gear tut)
I think this covers it, just watch it anyway you might learn something, probably not though :lol: .
Hi
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

Man my tutorials are painful to watch, sorry kids.
Hi
Brina927
Team: Whipstyle

Post by Brina927 »

GKSracing104 wrote:Image

Fresh out the oven
Hey man I have been desperately looking for a number font that looks like the one you used for this bike. Would you be willing to share it? Thanks.
My Stats
Discord: MxBrina#9694
jlv wrote:Team Motosport Honda's Brina made MX Simulator history as she became the first woman to take a win in a major series.
Brina927

Post by Brina927 »

I definitely meant to make that a PM :oops:
My Stats
jlv wrote:Team Motosport Honda's Brina made MX Simulator history as she became the first woman to take a win in a major series.
Greeney2021
Crushed Dissenter
Team: I Make Skins

Post by Greeney2021 »

Brina927 wrote:I definitely meant to make that a PM :oops:
Pretty sure that is the font he’s dead Jim, just edited a little bit but I could be wrong
Brina927

Post by Brina927 »

Thanks dude!
My Stats
Shorty387
Team: SAS Racing

Post by Shorty387 »

Did my first graphics for MXS !
I will add Logos later, which should make it look better, but atm I'm still trying to figure out which ones and wether they should be just b n' w or with colour...
Would be nice to get some comments on this !
C ya
T-RIDER
Team: System Decal

Post by T-RIDER »

Shorty387 wrote:Image
Did my first graphics for MXS !
I will add Logos later, which should make it look better, but atm I'm still trying to figure out which ones and wether they should be just b n' w or with colour...
Would be nice to get some comments on this !
C ya