2017-12-08 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

2017-12-08 snapshot

Post by jlv »

• Added erode_limit setting.
  • Client version is now 29.
Windows users: http://www.mxsimulator.com/snapshots/mx ... 8-1373.exe
Linux users: http://www.mxsimulator.com/snapshots/mx ... 12-08-1373

Replace mx.exe or mxbin with one of the above files. The default location for mx.exe should be "C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Simulator". I'd keep a backup of the originals since these aren't well tested.

If you aren't running a server, ignore everything below this line.

Here are the required servers. (Same as the last snapshot.) You want --min-version 29 to prevent inconsistent erode with old clients.

Windows: http://www.mxsimulator.com/snapshots/mx ... 7-1369.exe
Linux: http://www.mxsimulator.com/snapshots/mx ... 11-17-1369
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
jlv
Site Admin

Re: 2017-12-08 snapshot

Post by jlv »

Here's how erode_limit works:

erode_limit <depth> <limit> <inner limit>
This sets the erode limit at a specific depth. When the track is worn to the specified depth, the depth and inner depth will be multiplied by the limit and inner limit respectively. When between depths it will interpolate. Default is 1 1 at depth 0 and 0 0 at depth 1.

To do the default you'd write it like this:
erode_limit 0.0 1.0 1.0
erode_limit 1.0 0.0 0.0
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
onefoureight
Team: Not Splitfire

Post by onefoureight »

yeah solid
2015 Australian Supercross 450 champion | rF Villain | Wolf Pack Racing Leader | CBL Gaming
ColtonD719
Team: Privateer

Post by ColtonD719 »

Sweet.
jlv wrote:erode_limit <depth> <limit> <inner limit>
Just to clarify, what is the unit of measurement for erode_limit <depth>? Is it feet below/above the original terrain? Does the limit also apply to dirt that is pushed upward (like the outside of a rut)?

Thanks!
RevLimiter
Team: Its my forum name

Post by RevLimiter »

...love you JLV...
_darkdiamonds

Post by _darkdiamonds »

Do i need the server download if i own a flowtech server? i dont think i do but i want to make sure. :oops: :oops:
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

ColtonD719 wrote:Sweet.
jlv wrote:erode_limit <depth> <limit> <inner limit>
Just to clarify, what is the unit of measurement for erode_limit <depth>? Is it feet below/above the original terrain? Does the limit also apply to dirt that is pushed upward (like the outside of a rut)?

Thanks!
No. It changes the depth settings depending on how deep it is where the wheel is touching the ground. You could try a negative depth to make more or less wear for terrain that has been raised but I'm not sure if it'd help or make things worse.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Is everyone happy with the erode limit setting? If it needs any changes I'd like to do it before I wrap up version 1.12.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Whiteracing204
Team: W.W. Designs Private

Post by Whiteracing204 »

jlv wrote:Is everyone happy with the erode limit setting? If it needs any changes I'd like to do it before I wrap up version 1.12.
I love the new erode and everything but on my old computer it Lags a little. Is there anything I can do or something cheap I could buy to help with the lag?

Thanks
ColtonD719

Post by ColtonD719 »

jlv wrote:Is everyone happy with the erode limit setting? If it needs any changes I'd like to do it before I wrap up version 1.12.
I haven't noticed any problems with my limited testing. However, I don't completely understand how the game defines "depth."

When it is calculating the depth of the spot where the wheel is touching the ground, what is the reference point?

Thanks.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Whiteracing204 wrote:I love the new erode and everything but on my old computer it Lags a little. Is there anything I can do or something cheap I could buy to help with the lag?
It can be optimized a bit more, but the last round of optimizations lowered the amount of time spent reshading after erode enough that another tenfold improvement isn't going to happen.
ColtonD719 wrote:I haven't noticed any problems with my limited testing. However, I don't completely understand how the game defines "depth."

When it is calculating the depth of the spot where the wheel is touching the ground, what is the reference point?
The depth is the difference in height between the original field when the track was loaded and the current field measured at the contact point of the wheel.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
mxfille

Post by mxfille »

jlv wrote:Here's how erode_limit works:

This sets the erode limit at a specific depth. When the track is worn to the specified depth, the depth and inner depth will be multiplied by the limit and inner limit respectively. When between depths it will interpolate. Default is 1 1 at depth 0 and 0 0 at depth 1.

erode_limit 0.0 1.0 1.0
erode_limit 1.0 0.0 0.0

where do i write this?
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

mxfille wrote:
jlv wrote:Here's how erode_limit works:

erode_limit 0.0 1.0 1.0
erode_limit 1.0 0.0 0.0

where do i write this?
In the tileinfo file for the track.