tileinfo info

barrington314
Team: me

Re: tileinfo info

Post by barrington314 »

JLV, what are your thoughts on a tileinfo for the metal start pad grates that they will be using irl now? Could I get you to come up with something for that? :D
AtlasZoor
Team: Atlas Trackworks

Post by AtlasZoor »

barrington314 wrote:JLV, what are your thoughts on a tileinfo for the metal start pad grates that they will be using irl now? Could I get you to come up with something for that? :D
Hole shot devices? I know there was a debate over this in the suggestion box but my idea is that we could use the holeshot device to just get over the gate. If we were to use a super grippy tile for the gates then everyone would just wheelie. So adding some sort of compression would just help stop the wheelies.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

IIRC it's a wire mesh start pad. Not sure what the traction would be like. Is there a good photo or video of it somewhere?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Halvorson

Post by Halvorson »

jlv wrote:IIRC it's a wire mesh start pad. Not sure what the traction would be like. Is there a good photo or video of it somewhere?
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I would think we'd all loop out. We don't have all the nannies that make starts easy now like real life.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Looks like the mesh is small enough that the knobs wouldn't fit in the holes. Could be less grippy than you'd think.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

That is true. I think a large part of the advantage of the grates in real life is the consistency, both from race to race but also across all gates as far as ruts and everything go. MXS doesn't have that problem since behind and in front of the gates is smooth (the same) across the whole grid (normally anyway).
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Aaron Hall
Team: Architech

Post by Aaron Hall »

Sure I had seen a video of AC recording Roczen off the start... oh well I could only find this video of a gopro of AC doing a start run.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BbX_G2dHc8s ... ianciarulo
His front wheel doesn't even seem to lift but I am presuming that he has got a holeshot device on.
maggett wrote:when JLV gives u a good dickslappin
ROSE822 wrote:braden carter die u inbred veggie cunt
Halvorson

Post by Halvorson »

Not a big bike but here's a video of Haiden Deegan at Mini O's.
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Really rough estimate based on the mini start -

Looks like it takes about .6 seconds to travel the first 6 feet. Guessing the rider+bike is about 250 lbs = 7.77 slugs of mass. d=(a*t*t)/2, so the acceleration is (d*2)/(t*t) = (6 feet * 2) / (.6 * .6 seconds) = 33.33. f=ma, so the force is 7.77 slugs * 33.33 = 258.97 lbs of force. With the downward force being 250 and the lateral foce 258.97, the ratio is 1.04. You know what that means? "JLV traction" is almost as sticky as the freaking wire start pad!
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

jlv wrote: "JLV traction" is almost as sticky as the freaking wire start pad!
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

You can't deny science.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Aaron Hall
Team: Architech

Post by Aaron Hall »

maggett wrote:when JLV gives u a good dickslappin
ROSE822 wrote:braden carter die u inbred veggie cunt
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Does it look like the MXGP pad is stickier than the other two videos?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com