2017 MXS Italian Championship Rd 10: Namur - it continues to live!

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
honda23
Team: RKI/JDS

2017 MXS Italian Championship Rd 10: Namur - it continues to live!

Post by honda23 »

The track:
Probably the young teenagers won't remember what the motocross track of Namur was like, because its roots belongs only to the past, as unfortunately, from 2008 on the Citadelle didn't host races anymore due to safety conditions. On the other hand, the mayor guys will clearly remember all the great battles there...the protagonists were names like Stefan Everts, Johnny O' Mara, Roger De Coster, Josh Coppins, Eric Gebores and so on. Namur hosted tons of races from the '50s and in particular 5 Motocross Of Nations (1951, 1956, 1959, 1965, 2001), that suggests how the track was important and how spectacular it was. The layout didn't had great changes and mainly was build like this: it started from a really large square where the theatre was located, then a down-hill jump introduced the woods, riders had to ride between houses, rocks, trees...after comes the first double step-down (the most brave riders doubled both of them :D), then a single step-down and another double step-down. At this point the track joined the street where the Namur cafè was located (not a pub anymore unfortunately): in the 1988 GP, Håkan Carlqvist won his last race and he stunned the spectators by stopping before the end of the 2nd moto to drink a beer, while leading the race by somewhat 50 seconds, and going back into the race to win it. That's awesome :D
Then followed a pretty long double jump to the double step-up, and...here comes the most beautiful part of the track: 4 massive up-hill jumps just near the castle of the Citadelle. Today that part is still alive and is used for mountain biking (like the rest of the track anyway). Then a pretty steep down-hill to the final jump into the arena once again to start a new lap.
Every rider who raced at Namur said he had had great times, the track was awesome and the atmosphere too and that's a pity that everything stopped after so many years of racing with people stunned by the beauty of those days. Despite that, we seriously hope a come back in the future, possibly very soon :D
In 2015 MXS Italian Championship, Johan Roger succeeded to win the overall in the Pro class followed by Ben Seaburg and Jordan Boyer. On the other side, in the Amateur class, Maxime Vanderbeek won the overall, Niko Sollmann 2nd and David Debealieu 3rd.
Last year, in the Pro class Connor Lynds managed to take the overall win followed by Frederik Van Eckhoven and Damien Mayer. In the Amateur mx2 class, it was the RKI mate Andrea Di Pietro who won the overall, Matthias Havy 2nd and Luca Cavallero 3rd racing as a wild card for that round. In the Amateur mx1 class Thomas Jaz arrived 1st followed by Christoffer Jonsson, Alban Dubois 3rd.

Download:
High resolution - 153 Mb
Medium resolution - 87 Mb
Medium resolution with no trees- 84 Mb
Low resolution - 61 Mb
Low resolution with no trees - 60 Mb
Superlow resolution - 51 Mb

Credits:
- JLV
- TMFR
- EMF
- RKI/JDS Italia Racing Team
- Matteo Gusmerini
- Checkerz
- Motoboss
- Kyle Watts
- Staydown
- Rafagas
- Haggqvist
- Twistmoto
- JGMX
- Anyone who i forgot
Gabriele Grossi #22 | RKI JayDeeSounds Italia Racing Team
Trackmaker, PM me to get your favourite track done at reasonable prices!
If you like my works --> https://www.paypal.me/Gabrielegrossi
HarryWhite71
Team: TMFR

Re: 2017 MXS Italian Championship Rd 10: Namur - it continues to live!

Post by HarryWhite71 »

If you can still double down the smaller steps, i'll be happy :lol: Looks good, can't wait to try it!
jgmtbike
Team: WiLdSiDesigns (JGMX)

Post by jgmtbike »

This track is like the Nurburgring of motocross tracks. It feels like you really travel a long distance, good job guys
-If you like riding my tracks please donate to the cause https://www.paypal.me/jgmtbike

-Thanks so much for all your support of my tracks.

Rayvenator
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by Rayvenator »

By far the best track of the year!

Improvement from previous version in pretty much every way.

Its funny how as soon as we get a track with semi-realistic traction, everyone complains even more.
I just love it! :P Good job Gabi!
honda23

Post by honda23 »

Thank you guys :D you know Chris...only few warriors still like to battle on a semi realistic traction but this year i think we provided you many different traction styles, correct me if i am wrong :lol: and this is absolutely the most realistic. It would be a pity if i changed it, i would ruin the atmosphere of the track.
Rayvenator
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by Rayvenator »

honda23 wrote:Thank you guys :D you know Chris...only few warriors still like to battle on a semi realistic traction but this year i think we provided you many different traction styles, correct me if i am wrong :lol: and this is absolutely the most realistic. It would be a pity if i changed it, i would ruin the atmosphere of the track.
Yeah I agree. The track is very challenging and technical, just like Namur is supposed to be.

I can see in chat lots of people complaining about the traction. Did everyone assign the throttle to a button or what's the problem? Does people really want the same stupid arcade traction and 1m ruts week in and week out? As soon as something is slightly challenging for once people just blame the game and ragequits.

I just don't get it.

Anyway again great job. I particularly love the way you made actual dirt mounds on the inside of the corners instead of bales. It's sooo much better I can't even explain how happy that makes me :mrgreen:
honda23

Post by honda23 »

I knew it would have made you happy ahahaha
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Rayvenator wrote: just don't get it.
Sorry to say, but you're old now :(

Looking forward to trying the track tomorrow, hope I won't lag too bad this year 8)
manii20

Post by manii20 »

Traction is fine for me, track is build perfectly, especially those sand sections, love them so much! I just don't like this original track but that's the only negative thing I can say and it's not even your fault haha