Game Goes to 55,000 Offset for no Reason.

Post your questions here
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Game Goes to 55,000 Offset for no Reason.

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

My friend has been having this issue where he joins a server and his offset just goes through the roof. His ping and fps are fine, it's just that his offset goes extremely high.

I've tried helping him do a clean reinstall of the game, that didn't work. I've tried helping him update to the latest snapshot, that didn't work. Finally, I told him to change his terrain rendering method to shaders/direct (was software) and it worked for about 5 minutes. Then his offset went through the roof again.

He has also made sure no viruses were on the computer by running his pc through malwarebytes. Didn't find anything harmful and started up the game with all the suggestions I gave him and nothing seemed to work.

If anyone has any idea about what is going on that would be appreciated.

Thanks.
DABZZZ
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Vibe+

Re: Game Goes to 55,000 Offset for no Reason.

Post by DABZZZ »

Is he hooked up using wifi? If I run a ethernet cable from my wireless router to my PC my offset shoots up. If I use a ethernet cable from my main router, Its connection is much stronger. F word to playing online with wifi if you dont live in a big city.
IG:@mxs.battlegrounds
Jakob Hubbard

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

DABZZZ wrote:Is he hooked up using wifi? If I run a ethernet cable from my wireless router to my PC my offset shoots up. If I use a ethernet cable from my main router, Its connection is much stronger. F word to playing online with wifi if you dont live in a big city.
Like I said man, it's not his internet/ping, it's his offset.
Jakob Hubbard

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

Jakob Hubbard wrote:
DABZZZ wrote:Is he hooked up using wifi? If I run a ethernet cable from my wireless router to my PC my offset shoots up. If I use a ethernet cable from my main router, Its connection is much stronger. F word to playing online with wifi if you dont live in a big city.
Like I said man, it's not his internet/ping, it's his offset.
Disregard that, I honestly don't know.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

That's a full 55 seconds behind the server time. It had to be running slow at some point. Maybe check the time against a stopwatch in a single player race just in case there's a problem with the hardware timer, but that seems very unlikely.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Jakob Hubbard

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

jlv wrote:That's a full 55 seconds behind the server time. It had to be running slow at some point. Maybe check the time against a stopwatch in a single player race just in case there's a problem with the hardware timer, but that seems very unlikely.
Could it be something with his pc not being able to keep up or something?