2018 AMA Supercross Rd01 Anaheim 1

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Aaron Hall
Team: Architech

Re: 2018 AMA Supercross Rd01 Anaheim 1

Post by Aaron Hall »

Stuff is incredible Jay. It's great to see the game being pushed to the limits and that is defiantly what you are doing. Performance wise I was expecting it to be a lot worse on my PC but i had the 'Normal Settings' on and i was running 111-125 fps and was very impressed, I only have an i3 and a GTX650 :D. Also thank you for leaving it all open defiantly helps others like my self to see where we can improve. I know Race does something similar with getting his decals so its looks like that is defiantly the way forward with making decals. I do agree with what Colton said about the visual look of the jumps being made look so sharp instead of more rounded so it will be interesting to see the next round will look like with more rounded decals. Top notch stuff as always Jay
maggett wrote:when JLV gives u a good dickslappin
ROSE822 wrote:braden carter die u inbred veggie cunt
Sabo
Team: <3 lane

Post by Sabo »

Track is sick, but can anyone explain why.... this amazing of a compression ratio?

TeamHavocRacing wrote:As I awake from champagne wishes and caviar dreams, I realize it's back to Pabst Blue Ribbon and Doritos.
clw1115934
Team: DABS

Post by clw1115934 »

Awesome looking track Jay, can't wait to give it a shot.
Gucci#9473
sedaniel2
Team: Hans Production

Post by sedaniel2 »

This track is amazing. One of the best tracks I have ridden on in this game. My only complaint that if it were used online is that it would have to be a little bit wider and the triples feel a tad bit small. Again, this is an amazing track and I hope to see more like these in the future.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Sabo wrote:Track is sick, but can anyone explain why.... this amazing of a compression ratio?

Probably are all images compressed. Images can otherwise usually be compressed quite nicely.
tw0_f0ur_ wrote:Jay, I tried even running these settings and no luck:

Dis you restart your game? You must restart your game before those graphic settings are applied.
StephaneGuido
Team: Evergood

Post by StephaneGuido »

Amazing track so i had to make a video :p

MXfish
Team: Blume Racing

Post by MXfish »

Love your track!
Nice to see somebody else playing in a sandbox :D

A tip for the file size, there is a Photoshop plugin called SuperPNG:
http://www.fnordware.com/superpng/

If you set Quantize slider to the middle you can reduce the file size from 7.4MB to 1.4MB which is 5 times smaller. You will lose detail in bit depth because this plugin reduces the color variation. However I could never see a difference in game. Given the fact that almost all big files are textures, instead of 1.1GB it could be 300MB.

M@xTizZz
Team: TizZy-Design

Post by M@xTizZz »

MXfish wrote:Love your track!

A tip for the file size, there is a Photoshop plugin called SuperPNG:
http://www.fnordware.com/superpng/

If you set Quantize slider to the middle you can reduce the file size from 7.4MB to 1.4MB which is 5 times smaller. You will lose detail in bit depth because this plugin reduces the color variation. However I could never see a difference in game. Given the fact that almost all big files are textures, instead of 1.1GB it could be 300MB.

so this overlay is coming from a irl sandbox where you built A1 layout ??
(just trying to understand)

Awesome stuff btw Jay !
Maxime Tison
I AM NOT MXSEMF Official admin ANYMORE | PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME ABOUT MXSEMF
dirtrider56
Team: fasthouse yamaha

Post by dirtrider56 »

Hey I was wondering What You used to place the track decals
Jay

Post by Jay »

MXfish wrote:Love your track!

Thanks a bunch for that.. I will look into it for rd 2!
StephaneGuido wrote:Amazing track so i had to make a video :p

Holy shit that was crazy !!!!!!!!
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

Awesome stuff James!
clark139
Team: Privateer

Post by clark139 »

hi when i play the track only the jumps are loading. no stadium,bales, or anything else
RSmithDRIFT
Team: Privateer

Post by RSmithDRIFT »

YOU ARE SERIOUSLY MY FUCKING HERO!!! OMFG YES!! Been dying for someone to make 1:1 scale replicas AFTER the race.

But just one problem.... Why did you fuck up the games physics? I have a set of rider advanced stability settings that make the current "normal" high grip physics feel perfect and the old 2013 slippery physics feel like hard packed dusty surface... But this... God it feels like i'm riding in a thick sand trap and i half expect to see my tires sunk into the ground in 3rd person it feels so deep.. That's not right. It looks like a hard pack surface. So the 2013 physics style should have been used. Is their any way to fix this? I can give you my advanced stability if you'd like to try it yourself. Very realistic, but def takes some getting used to. I would literally pay you 5 bucks just to release a version of this track with 2013 dirt physics.
FlyinHigh

Post by FlyinHigh »

sedaniel2 wrote:This track is amazing. One of the best tracks I have ridden on in this game. My only complaint that if it were used online is that it would have to be a little bit wider and the triples feel a tad bit small. Again, this is an amazing track and I hope to see more like these in the future.
Go back and watch the demo then say its too small, its just a mental thing because we've been playing on much larger scale tracks. The scale is 100% realistic.
AjHuett

Post by AjHuett »

FlyinHigh wrote:The scale is 100% realistic.
1:1 scaling in Mx Simulator is NOT realistic. The way the rider and bike are, it does not fit 1:1 scaling. The rider is 12ft tall.

But let me get to my feedback and opinion. Jay, the visuals on this track are great. The jumps and width is incredibly too small for the current rider we have. In order for 1:1 scaling to work in Mx Simulator we would have to completely remake the rider. I'm kind of upset I wasted 1.1G downloading this due to the jumps and width. BUT the visual are awesome as I said. Now for example, 2017 Supercross Rd 07 - Minneapolis is spot on with scaling. All of the Supercrosses need to have that scaling. Along with 2017 Supercross Rd 10 - Daytona, Daytona in 2017 was the all time best scaled track in Sim. I just think the tracks need to stick to 2017 Supercross Rd 07 - Minneapolis scaling due to the 12ft tall rider and the way the game is molded around that. People have different styles and different tastes. But for it to feel like a "Simulator" we have to work around the mass of the rider and what looks real. Just because 1:1 is "realistic" doesn't necessarily mean that it will work in Mx Sim unless things are changed. So I give the visuals for this track 10/10 as far as the scaling, width, jumps, and traction. I give that 0/10.

THIS IS STRICTLY AN OPINION, IT'S NEITHER RIGHT OR WRONG. THIS IS STRICTLY AN OPINION, IT'S NEITHER RIGHT OR WRONG. Had to say it twice for the brain dead online justice warriors who take opinions to heart and don't understand the meaning of "Opinion" and "Constructive Criticism".
yamirider517 wrote:Oh you gonna make a nigga beg for it?... ok boo.