2018 [NA region] Supercross series by MXSEMF

Moderators: nioubie, Wahlamt, MxMatthias

Osari52
Team: SYS Racing

Re: 2018 [NA region] Supercross series by MXSEMF

Post by Osari52 »

Yup, I don't have a clue what I'm talking about. Sorry guys. I really shouldn't like the whoops getting cupped out like real life when I played multiple 25 minutes Motos with like 12 dudes. God damn I'm an idiot. I'll just stick to being a shitty streamer boys, don't mind me.
Kellen Brauer | Start Your Systems | Racer X
Logeyboy
Team: Galaxy

Post by Logeyboy »

Points after Round 2:

If I stuffed something up please tell me and i'll fix it asap.
Number Quest After Round 2 for people who didn't see.
Yamahaman95
Team: Jesus

Post by Yamahaman95 »

Osari52 wrote:Yup, I don't have a clue what I'm talking about. Sorry guys. I really shouldn't like the whoops getting cupped out like real life when I played multiple 25 minutes Motos with like 12 dudes. God damn I'm an idiot. I'll just stick to being a shitty streamer boys, don't mind me.
no no, you stay
Tiller Crocker wrote:Look at those handlebar guards
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Osari52 wrote:Yup, I don't have a clue what I'm talking about. Sorry guys. I really shouldn't like the whoops getting cupped out like real life when I played multiple 25 minutes Motos with like 12 dudes. God damn I'm an idiot. I'll just stick to being a shitty streamer boys, don't mind me.
Take what I say with a grain of salt... but this isn't just from tonight Kellen, it's been an accumulative opinion for weeks now where you will take something someone I'll say (or Jesse, or anyone) and completely twist it into something different to seem more controversial than it really is for your viewers/stream, for example Jesse's indefinite complaints about erode when all he said was they look like GNCC ruts, which is simply a visual statement, but then you play the victim when we call you out on your stretching of the truth. Did you even read what I wrote? or did you just shell up and assume I was complaining about the whoops?
Osari52
Team: SYS Racing

Post by Osari52 »

Ddavis wrote:Words
Yes Devin, I did read your whole post. That post where you called me a "commentator" and not a "racer" which is whatever except you know that's false. You insinuated that I formulated my opinions through a couple of random tests with two dudes in a server, which is false. You seem to believe that I don't think the whoops look challenging on the stream (fine and dandy), which is false.

But whatevs dudes. Congrats on your win Jesse. I hope you can celebrate it.

I hope you make the Main next week Devin, I was pulling for you tonight. Next time, I won't make a little light-hearted joke at your expense.
Kellen Brauer | Start Your Systems | Racer X
Matias43_

Post by Matias43_ »

had a sick comeback going up to 4th until erode got in my head with 2 laps to go.

and if anyone wants to send me a graphics card that would be greatly appreciated
Yamahaman95
Team: Jesus

Post by Yamahaman95 »

Ddavis wrote: Anyways... just watched the 450 main on the stream and it's unreal how much talent is in the class. On one hand I'm super bummed to not make a main yet because it's the best players in the world and I just want to be a part of it, and I know I do better in longer races since I go for consistency over hot laps whereas with the field being as stacked as it is you can't do that anymore, you can't "bring it on home" anymore in 450s, there's too much speed to do that, if you do you'll get eaten up and maybe on a blue moon make a main event. For example look at Shack in 450s last week, not hating here but we know he isn't as fast as these hot lappers and he used consistency to his advantage last week and ended up 10th, this week he didn't even make the night show.. I'm not talking shit on Bryan I'm just stating how stacked the class is and how close it is between 10th-50th right now. I can easily see 8-12 different winners in the 450 class this year. I can realistically see these guys still getting a win in SX: Tysen, Fjeldberg, Smith, Root (if he ever shows up), Mitchell, Leclair, Burkeen, Whealon, Rush (on the East coast), Armstrong, Shipley, Haley, and who knows there's another 5-10 guys (maybe a guy like Atom or Holden Cote) I can see winning a main in the triple crown races next week. It's unreal how stacked it is, and it's cool to see but at the same time I'm kicking myself because I was in a position both weeks now to make the main. That's probably the biggest bummer for me, I was in position both rounds and made stupid mental mistakes I shouldn't be making, it might be different if I was flat out not making it off speed but last round I was in a big battle for qualifying spots and over-scrubed the finish line and caught a peg on a rut, then this week I wadded up in the whoops all alone in 2nd when I was playing it safe and trying to be smooth.. I don't know man, this season is going to be crazy and I have no idea who is going to win. Tysen used to be able to crash 2-3 times in a main and still get a podium, this year (depending on his start) you can't do that. There's no coming from 20th to a 3rd this year with the depth and Seabolt showed that tonight (if you do, you're savage af).
I was the only 3 digit number in the main...idk how i made it there..but jesus..i was battling all race, never out of a pack of riders the entire main, and i think the hardest position i worked for was 21st to 20th...i look at my pit board and could not believe how fast all of us were going..and we were at the back...its amazing and insane. Its going to be a hell of a year
Tiller Crocker wrote:Look at those handlebar guards
Whiteracing204
Team: W.W. Designs Private

Post by Whiteracing204 »

Whiteracing204 wrote:When will we be able to run qualifying times in AM?
Rayvenator
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by Rayvenator »

I can't believe you guys are complaining so hard about erode right now. Very few guys actually ride erode like it's supposed to. I will take Chase Dunivant as an example for his incredible main event in the eu series last week. When you looked at him racing he constantly changed up his lines throughout the main event. He went where the dirt was smooth, whether it was in a corner, up the face of a triple or through the whoops. He slowed down where the rough was tough and it got him all the way to 2nd that race. There was a couple of guys that were really good at finding smooth places to go and they gained alot in the end. Yeah maybe that deep rut on the outside is potentially faster but it's so choppy that going on the smooth, but slower, inside is a gain in the long run.

Most of the guys I see complaining is running the same lines over and over all main event. Yeah I know the visuals for the ruts isn't perfect but it isn't close to as bad as some say it is. If you can't perfectly see all the rough in a corner, switch up your lines. That simple.

People are so used to just finding that perfect fastest line around the track during qualifying and then sticking with it. That was the best way in the past of course but with erode that just doesn't work. So many people still just goes in to that same super deep rut lap after lap and then they come here afterwards to complain when they lost the front end in it. Or going up that triple in the exact same spot every lap and then comes here shouting when it kicks them funny and makes them crash.

We need to be patient and learn how to adapt to the constantly changing track. Some people adapt faster than others but we need to give it some time.
T_Frye127
Team: Volcom

Post by T_Frye127 »

it seems like the main people complaing about erode are the ones that are used to just memorizing a track and everything about it. get them out of their hotlap line and they become me. they just want to be able to hit everything exactly the same each lap. cant use that muscle memory now fellas.

i've only made 1 main out of 3 and i still love erode haha from watching the 450 mains, it makes it soo much more interesting. everyone is soo close, not just one guys running away with it. i think EU a1 450 main was one of the best sx races ive watched in awhile if not the best. its not just 1 or 2 guys out front by 20 secs, seemed like the whole top 10 was within 20 secs.
Sabo
Team: <3 lane

Post by Sabo »

Someone that actually wants to provide real feedback to help in the development of using erode, what part of this would you say is the worst area, and what part would you say is better than other areas?
I know the largest complaint is not being able to see the erode itself. A good way to combat this is different shading and shadow pgms. If you ride some older tracks with erode that don't have a shadow.pgm, it updates to the default lighting on the new terrain difference. This can be used so that a certain lighting is baked into the track from the beginning and when it is updated by erode, it changes color, but only very slightly. This way there is a clear difference in what has been eroded and what hasn't been without detracting from the realism or performance. If you want an example of what I'm talking about, try Jay's version of A1. I don't know if he did it purposefully but that's the idea I am talking about.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:As I awake from champagne wishes and caviar dreams, I realize it's back to Pabst Blue Ribbon and Doritos.
ROSE822
Team: Hidden Design

Post by ROSE822 »

Devin, Please just stop crying we should feel privileged to have Kellen stream every round. The erode is good yes it was better last night then it was at A1, Everyone knew Erode was coming and no one complained about it then. Why would they get rid of erode cause some little bitches cant handle it? EU series, 4 way battle up front for the whole main event and last night was the same for NA. Stop crying and just get on with it.
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

Sabo wrote:
Someone that actually wants to provide real feedback to help in the development of using erode, what part of this would you say is the worst area, and what part would you say is better than other areas?
I know the largest complaint is not being able to see the erode itself. A good way to combat this is different shading and shadow pgms. If you ride some older tracks with erode that don't have a shadow.pgm, it updates to the default lighting on the new terrain difference. This can be used so that a certain lighting is baked into the track from the beginning and when it is updated by erode, it changes color, but only very slightly. This way there is a clear difference in what has been eroded and what hasn't been without detracting from the realism or performance. If you want an example of what I'm talking about, try Jay's version of A1. I don't know if he did it purposefully but that's the idea I am talking about.
I'll look into this, thanks. I've said on the forums before A1 started that the biggest problem will be seeing the erode, especially on such low settings (1 or 2) and that itll just create too much randomness before you can even see it. When I play Houston in single player and ride on like erode 10, it's pretty sweet. I've cut in like 4 line choices on the corners after you cross the start in only a 20 lap race. Anyway, we will keep working on it.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

For those getting upset at things Kellen (or myself maybe) say on stream, please don't take it so personally.

A lot of times it is important to share these types of things to make a quality broadcast and educate the viewer on some of the opinions that are being shared in MXS and build a personality of a racer which in turn makes the show more exciting. Typically it works much better when there are two people commentating because one can take each side of the coin so to speak, and both sides of an argument or opinion can be explored. It's really tough with just one person.

A generic gray area stream where the commentator tip toes around trying to not upset anyone or have a strong stance on anything would be boring.

Imagine if Brina or Shipley or T Crain etc. were so sensitive back in the Sween/Wheels streaming days where they would not hold back or care about being professional AT ALL to make it entertaining.

It's hard to present opinions and try to also remain un-biased. I know Kellen and myself both have a ton of respect for all the top racers, and even guys I don't necessarily care for will get praise when deserved and also get buried if they do something dumb.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

checkerz wrote:For those getting upset at things Kellen (or myself maybe) say on stream, please don't take it so personally.
I'm just tired of almost everyone around here taking something I say and completely twisting into something way worse just to make me look even worse. It's dumb when I read chat and you show me I look at the chat and all I see is "Haha Devin Davis everyone hates him". Give me a reason a legitimate reason other than "He's Ddavis". How many people on this game don't like me because of who I am? Rather than an actual poor experience with me? It just gets annoying and you guys milking shit I say and trying to make it sound worse doesn't help. I dig my own grave I get that, but for years now I've been trying to get a better rep and nobody even tries to give me a chance. It's bs.