difference between pro and amateur

Moderators: nioubie, Wahlamt, MxMatthias

Rastaa
Team: Privateer

difference between pro and amateur

Post by Rastaa »

pls tell me what is the difference between pro and amateur???? the first in amateur got the fcking same time as the pro's.. so i dont think there is any difference.. pls do something on this, that other people can race to or maybe make a rookie cup or something.. idk, but do something on this!!!! thanks...
higgsy
Crushed Dissenter

Re: difference between pro and amateur

Post by higgsy »

which pro?
mx201
Team: Madcape

Post by mx201 »

Amateur is for new slower people
Pro is for experienced fast people
Hope that helped 8)
#1 All Time 250 RF NA Motocross Winner
#1 All Time 250 RF EU Winner
16th overall on the RF Gaming All Time Wins List
Rastaa

Post by Rastaa »

mx201 wrote:Amateur is for new slower people
Hope that helped 8)
this didnt help at all.. xD
the first times of the pros, are the same times as the amateurs, there isnt any difference between the classes man..
amateur should be slower but it isnt.. thats what i mean.. :s

which race you're talking about ?
on official races there's a difference
RhysHarris
Team: FCA Offroad

Post by RhysHarris »

Rastaa wrote:
mx201 wrote:Amateur is for new slower people
Hope that helped 8)
this didnt help at all.. xD
the first times of the pros, are the same times as the amateurs, there isnt any difference between the classes man..

Because some amatuers sandbag
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

RhysHarris wrote:
Rastaa wrote: this didnt help at all.. xD

Because some amatuers sandbag
As Rhys said, a lot of people are sandbagging. However, there is more to it.

In amateur races there is usually a bigger turnout being 2x 3x 4x as many riders qualifying than how many pros it is. Since there may be 30 pro riders signed up (not even run a lap) and 40 spots, you won't have to tryhard to get in. A 1 minute off pace laptime will do just fine while the amateurs have to try really hard just to get in. But that being said, a lot of people are trying to stay in lower classrs just to get good results, instead of manning up.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I think there's a huge difference in Amateur and Pro racers. The difference between in speed between a good amateur and mid-pack Pro isn't a big difference, however there's typically, in most situations, a better ability of skill that pro riders have that allows for cleaner, more consistent racing. I'm sure there's ton of people who are going to try and talk shit on me because of some of the decisions I've made, but hey, as a whole the racing in Pros is a lot better because both riders can usually go at a quicker pace while maintaining your line. The pro class, specifically at the top, is so addicting because for the most part everyone holds their line and can battle hard without crashing each other, that isn't to say though that sometimes you make mistakes, after all most of us have setups that are a bit squirly at times.

and this battle for example. You rarely get these sort of battles in Amateur racing.
https://youtu.be/Acbe0dOzwzU?t=7326
Cody Dawe
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Next Level Racing

Post by Cody Dawe »

depends on the rider, for instance the andrew guy in 450 am i think should be bumped up just for his ability in general, however the rest of us we have 2 full days to get a good qualifying lap while the pros have 2 hours(NA) so their lap times are not as fast as they could be. look at the EU pro qualifying times, their insain. another difference being that pros can run close to those lap times fairly consistently without many bobbles or mistakes while as ams we struggle to run those sub minute laps more than 50% of the time due to us crashing out or making mistakes, were not as consistent as the pros which is what really makes the difference.
RhysHarris
Team: FCA Offroad

Post by RhysHarris »

sneakyKittyGaming wrote:depends on the rider, for instance the andrew guy in 450 am i think should be bumped up just for his ability in general, however the rest of us we have 2 full days to get a good qualifying lap while the pros have 2 hours(NA) so their lap times are not as fast as they could be. look at the EU pro qualifying times, their insain. another difference being that pros can run close to those lap times fairly consistently without many bobbles or mistakes while as ams we struggle to run those sub minute laps more than 50% of the time due to us crashing out or making mistakes, were not as consistent as the pros which is what really makes the difference.
Just to clarify NA Pro qualifying 1 hour
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

First in pro qualifying definitely is faster than first in am qualifying. You must be blind to think that they're the same laptimes.
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

I have an idea for this.

Take it with a grain of salt, but what do you guys think about instead of doing the top 40 fastest lap times doing say for example.

Do a 3 minute + 1 lap qualifier (You could do 3-8 minutes like they are already set up + the lap) and then take each riders lowest total race time and then take the top 40 of this time.

The time would be from the gate drop all the way to the end of the last lap.
Any fall offs, tip overs, ect would be captured within that time frame. For those who are quick and consistent they could get a chance to qualify vs the dudes that can run a one in a million hot lap and come the race run in the back of the back like you guys already discussed.

I understand that this isn't like what the real life pros do (this game seems to copy whatever real supercross does which is cool) but this is a game where there are on average around 100 of people qualifying per class and they only take the top 40. IRL there isn't hundreds of pros running hot laps just to show up for the night race and I do think this is a big difference.

Overall, it's just an idea and it doesn't affect me because I have no business playing competitively.

-Jake
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

Finalmushroom wrote:I have an idea for this.

Take it with a grain of salt, but what do you guys think about instead of doing the top 40 fastest lap times doing say for example.

Do a 3 minute + 1 lap qualifier (You could do 3-8 minutes like they are already set up + the lap) and then take each riders lowest total race time and then take the top 40 of this time.

Any fall offs, tip overs, ect would be captured within that time frame. For those who are quick and consistent they could get a chance to qualify vs the dudes that can run a one in a million hot lap and come the race run in the back of the back like you guys already discussed.

I understand that this isn't like what the real life pros do (this game seems to copy whatever real supercross does which is cool) but this is a game where there are on average around 100 of people qualifying per class and they only take the top 40. IRL there isn't hundreds of pros running hot laps just to show up for the night race and I do think this is a big difference.

Overall, it's just an idea and it doesn't affect me because I have no business playing competitively.

-Jake
Only problem I see with this is someone could be a douchebag and just take everyone out just for the hell of it. The person maybe didn't even sign up he just wants to fuck with people, because there are people like that in this community.
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

Jakob Hubbard wrote:
Finalmushroom wrote:I have an idea for this.

-Jake
Only problem I see with this is someone could be a douchebag and just take everyone out just for the hell of it. The person maybe didn't even sign up he just wants to fuck with people, because there are people like that in this community.
Maybe to counter act this have anyone in the server be "non contact" like you are in warm up mode. Since it's a race against the clock and not other people I don't see the problem with it being like this.
RXR_Banjo
Team: MotoStar

Post by RXR_Banjo »

Honestly the 3 timed quali sessions that we had in 2914 was the beat formula!
Phil Doyon #423
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

RXR_Banjo wrote:Honestly the 3 timed quali sessions that we had in 2914 was the beat formula!
Did you mean in 2014 and best formula? lol.