I would like to be educated on whatever this nonsense it

Post your questions here
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VlastMX

I would like to be educated on whatever this nonsense it

Post by sethiemeboi »

First thing i'd like to point out is that i'm not really too upset about this problem, but i just kinda want to have a better understanding on why it's happening to me. This isn't a 1 time thing either, this happens to me every 9/10 times i actually play. Also side note, if you say anything about how my suspension is bad, i'm going to nut in your mouth because it's not

once again, not complaining, just interested in learning about why it's happening
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Re: I would like to be educated on whatever this nonsense it

Post by yzmxer608 »

Someone saying your suspension is "bad" is subjective as all hell. It might work really good everywhere but you could have the problem in your video.

I would say just by watching the video that your shock is too soft (low damping, low spring rate, or low preload) or your rider vertical settings are too "loose" (too low vertical damping).

I've found if you keep the vertical damping higher, the rider can absorb more impact than lower damping. Your seat bouncing ability or absorption through the whoops will decrease though.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter

Post by sethiemeboi »

yzmxer608 wrote:Someone saying your suspension is "bad" is subjective as all hell. It might work really good everywhere but you could have the problem in your video.

I would say just by watching the video that your shock is too soft (low damping, low spring rate, or low preload) or your rider vertical settings are too "loose" (too low vertical damping).

I've found if you keep the vertical damping higher, the rider can absorb more impact than lower damping. Your seat bouncing ability or absorption through the whoops will decrease though.
my rider vertical/forward stuff goes:

i'll try to test some different suspension as well
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

To start try raising both dampings to at least 45, anything under than I feel you fall off to easy.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

You could try clearing the jump.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter

Post by sethiemeboi »

KTM57 wrote:You could try clearing the jump.
that's what i'm trying to point out here, i clipped it out by 3 inches and died, while i could frame an sx triple and be just fine.

i mean, you can't possibly tell me that coming up that short and crashing is reasonable
dawsonsleeper

Post by dawsonsleeper »

lol
jlv wrote:WTF I love Trump now! Make America great again!
nickuzick

Post by nickuzick »

sit down
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

I admit that one looks bad. I don't think the impact got you so much as the acceleration afterwards. Probably wouldn't have happened with the clutch in.

I wish I could make it always be fair. It's hard because sometimes weird little things will make as much force as a huge hit.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter

Post by sethiemeboi »

jlv wrote:I admit that one looks bad. I don't think the impact got you so much as the acceleration afterwards. Probably wouldn't have happened with the clutch in.

I wish I could make it always be fair. It's hard because sometimes weird little things will make as much force as a huge hit.
I'm not really too mad about this because i know the only reason it happened was because i decided to mess the turn up and still try and huck it. Oh well i guess, all games have little bugs that you just can't fix
Ktmrdr11
Team: I think Vurb

Post by Ktmrdr11 »

I tend to have this problem too but only with on offs like you said i can frame a triple and be fine but if my back tire just comes an inch short im fooked. Have noticed if im gonna land like that if i tap the back brake and just land on the front wheel i can case it normally but i run my forks pretty stiff so it might just be taking most of the initial force/hit.
dawsonsleeper

Post by dawsonsleeper »

jlv wrote:I admit that one looks bad. I don't think the impact got you so much as the acceleration afterwards. Probably wouldn't have happened with the clutch in.

i noticed this too, if i come up an inch short and land on the gas, im fucked. but if i land like that without touching my throttle, then hitting the gas after I almost always survive.
jlv wrote:WTF I love Trump now! Make America great again!
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter

Post by sethiemeboi »

does bottoming out your suspension make you crash?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

It doesn't make any special consideration for bottomed out, but that will add more force. The criteria to toss the rider is based on the force required to hold the rider on the bike and the relative velocity between the rider and bike. Landing with the clutch in is probably the safest if you think you're in danger.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter

Post by sethiemeboi »