2018-01-26 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
JuanVasquez12
Team: nonya

Re: 2018-01-26 snapshot

Post by JuanVasquez12 »

Hey guys, do i just drag this snapshot in my personal forlder?
JuanVasquez12
Team: nonya

Post by JuanVasquez12 »

I try to play sim online and it says "client is too old for this server" . And I dont know how to run the snapshot, do I put it in my personal folder??
Yamahaman95
Team: Jesus

Post by Yamahaman95 »

i keep getting weird crashes...all the objects on the track disappear and the only thing i see is my bike with no wheels..no rider or anything...no idea why its doing it, cant find anything in the logs either, it would happen on past snapshots, but the last one seemed to fix it, now its back again
Tiller Crocker wrote:Look at those handlebar guards
Gandorlf
Team: Privateer

Post by Gandorlf »

ShackAttack12 wrote:I guess my game loads too quickly to notice the new loading bar. It actually takes slightly longer to load into the menu than before because this new loading screen has to flash on my screen first. Running 2 SSD's in Raid 0.

Is there anything that can be done to speed up loading into servers packed with full gates? I feel like i should be loading really fast into servers with my setup, but i was timing out at this week's Pro race at Phoenix. With my computer setup, it shouldn't take me over a minute to load into a full server.
Sounds more like a connection/broadband issue than anything to do with your SSD?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Wahlamt wrote:Just had my first crash here. Started it full screen, then within a few seconds of loading tabbed out to browse chrome for a bit (figured it could open in the background). After the normal "crash" time of 20 or so seconds, it crashed, as it would usually crash the first time I used the PC for the day. Just tried tabbing out again, but now it opened as usual (2nd time you start it).
When you say crash, you mean you got the "not responding" message? If it happens again save a copy of the lastlog file.
ShackAttack12 wrote:I guess my game loads too quickly to notice the new loading bar. It actually takes slightly longer to load into the menu than before because this new loading screen has to flash on my screen first. Running 2 SSD's in Raid 0.

Is there anything that can be done to speed up loading into servers packed with full gates? I feel like i should be loading really fast into servers with my setup, but i was timing out at this week's Pro race at Phoenix. With my computer setup, it shouldn't take me over a minute to load into a full server.
It's probably the 4k skins. If they're scram files it'll be even worse. I really overdid the scram thing. Should have just XORed the file with a random number instead of using a real cipher. Would have been easy to crack but I doubt anyone would have managed it.
Yamahaman95 wrote:i keep getting weird crashes...all the objects on the track disappear and the only thing i see is my bike with no wheels..no rider or anything...no idea why its doing it, cant find anything in the logs either, it would happen on past snapshots, but the last one seemed to fix it, now its back again
Is this somthing that only happens after a collision?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

jlv wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:Just had my first crash here. Started it full screen, then within a few seconds of loading tabbed out to browse chrome for a bit (figured it could open in the background). After the normal "crash" time of 20 or so seconds, it crashed, as it would usually crash the first time I used the PC for the day. Just tried tabbing out again, but now it opened as usual (2nd time you start it).
When you say crash, you mean you got the "not responding" message? If it happens again save a copy of the lastlog file.
Yes exactly. I'll remember the lastlog file the next time.
Yamahaman95 wrote:i keep getting weird crashes...all the objects on the track disappear and the only thing i see is my bike with no wheels..no rider or anything...no idea why its doing it, cant find anything in the logs either, it would happen on past snapshots, but the last one seemed to fix it, now its back again
Is it something similar to this? This has happened a on a few occasions for me when the Nvidia driver has crashed.
Osari52
Team: SYS Racing

Post by Osari52 »

jlv wrote:If they're scram files it'll be even worse. I really overdid the scram thing. Should have just XORed the file with a random number instead of using a real cipher. Would have been easy to crack but I doubt anyone would have managed it.
This has to be the problem I run into every week then. I try very hard to stay away from 4K skins but can't get away from damn near every bike on the track being paid for, thus, they are scrammed. I guess I'll forever be doomed to 47 hour loads times with all team skins, even with my new PC.
Kellen Brauer | Start Your Systems | Racer X
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Is there any reason why my controller isn't connecting to this snapshot? :| Jlv finally implemented an anti-ddavis client.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Nevermind I had to restart my computer. Weird.
Chandler Bloxom
Team: DaBaum Designs

Post by Chandler Bloxom »

I cant even join a server with the erode because it keeps saying my client is to odd even though I downloaded the new one idk what it is
Yamahaman95
Team: Jesus

Post by Yamahaman95 »

im getting crashes left and right...no matter the snapshot..ill just be riding..doesn't matter what im doing..and the game will freeze and crash
Tiller Crocker wrote:Look at those handlebar guards
ColtonM

Post by ColtonM »

Yamahaman95 wrote:im getting crashes left and right...no matter the snapshot..ill just be riding..doesn't matter what im doing..and the game will freeze and crash
billyp330
Team: FFMX Racing

Post by billyp330 »

It's probably the 4k skins. If they're scram files it'll be even worse. I really overdid the scram thing. Should have just XORed the file with a random number instead of using a real cipher. Would have been easy to crack but I doubt anyone would have managed it.
Ill probably be crucified for saying this, but I can't help it. I really don't understand why you even created the whole scram thing in first place. I understand people work really hard and spend a lot of time creating models and skins for this game, but they chose to do this, knowing that their stuff could be ripped. Them selling their gear and bike models is actually illegal since they do not have permission from the companies that they are replicating gear/bikes from. In fact, they are rippers themselves, since they just make replica models of real products and logos, so for you to create a way to help them sell their stuff really baffles me. What are your thoughts on this?
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

billyp330 wrote:
Ill probably be crucified for saying this, but I can't help it. I really don't understand why you even created the whole scram thing in first place. I understand people work really hard and spend a lot of time creating models and skins for this game, but they chose to do this, knowing that their stuff could be ripped. Them selling their gear and bike models is actually illegal since they do not have permission from the companies that they are replicating gear/bikes from. In fact, they are rippers themselves, since they just make replica models of real products and logos, so for you to create a way to help them sell their stuff really baffles me. What are your thoughts on this?
If you don't sell your model but still race with it, it won't be ripped. Or if you buy a model and make updates for yoerself or something.
billyp330
Team: FFMX Racing

Post by billyp330 »

Wahlamt wrote:If you don't sell your model but still race with it, it won't be ripped. Or if you buy a model and make updates for yoerself or something.
If you don't upload it, no one will ever get the files to rip it.