Supercross Broadcast RANT

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
DCreedz#523
Team: Greef Clothing

Supercross Broadcast RANT

Post by DCreedz#523 »

Feel free to read and to debate. This is just my view on the program that FOX Sports puts on. I don't mean to directly attack any of the FOX team as people, just the way the program is presented come Supercross night.

Okay, so I've been watching SX on TV for probably 7 years now and I don't really know why, but I feel like the broadcast on FOX is just getting worse. For me, being from Australia, the race is usually on ESPN on Sunday at around midday (which is Saturday night in US). Usually I am working at this time so I can record the 3hr program and watch it when I get home. Generally I can get through the program in about 1hr and 20 minutes by just watching the racing and some interviews (skipping commercials and all the other shit-talk) This past Sunday I stayed home and watched the race live and I was so disappointed.

First of all; the team of commentators. Daniel Blair I think his name is, is quite knowledgable when it comes to Supercross and he is a great track-side commentator as he can get his point across swiftly and it provides the viewer a good insight into track conditions and/or IMPORTANT reports on rider(s). Jeff Emig is also knowledgable (obviously) but just can't seem to get his point across quick enough. It takes him like 2-3 laps to finish his point about something usually irellevant and outdated. We get it, you won the championship a thousand years ago, please just call whats happening infront of you and stop talking about things that don't matter.

And as for Ralph and Jenny, wow. I feel like Jeff and Ralph hate eachother at times, and if I'm honest, I probably would hate Ralph too, no offence. He is not knowledgable in the sport at all and doesn't really know what he's talking about. I feel like he hasn't spent a day of his life at a Supercross the way he talks nonsense about whats happening on screen. If he didn't have timing and scoring, plus facts written infront of him, I guarantee he wouldn't be able to handle it in the booth. Half the time he gets the riders name wrong, makes points that Jeff blatanly contradicts/disagrees with and signifies importance over facts that are not important at all. The facts that they pull out are sometimes quite good, but lots of them are irrelevant to whats happening in the 2018 championship, and don't really need to be said halfway through the main event whilst a great battle is happening.

I have nothing against Jenny Taft as a reporter or a person in general, however I don't think she is a good fit for a supercross presenter at ALL. "When I spoke with _____ earlier, he told me..." seems to be all she says and they usually throw it to her when theres an amazing battle on the screen that Ralph and Jeff should probably be calling from the booth. She takes wayyyyyy too long to make, yet again, an irrelevant point. And the interview DIRECTLY after the main event?? I get it, they want the viewers to see the emotion of winning a main event. But give them 5 minutes to at least have a talk to their mechanic/team manager/family etc. She doesn't even let them get their sponsors ready. (I mean Goggle sponsor around the neck, energy drink in hand, cap on etc.)

I believe FOX have tried to tick all the boxes when it comes to a reporting team and they have done that. They have a female reporter, an ex-champion of the sport, a "young" reporter, and the commentator whom everyone knows his voice. However I don't belive Jenny, Jeff, Daniel and Ralph are a good dynamic. The racing is happening at such a rapid pace and I feel like the team the way it is, just can't keep up.

I won't babble on for too long but since I did watch the FULL 3 HOUR Program on Sunday, I realised just how much unnessecary behind the scenes trash we see. The feature on Justin Brayton was nice, their Science of Supercross with McGrath is insightful and the Makeup2Mud movement is also well done. HOWEVER, I do not believe these need to be shown as much as they are in the Supercross program. All this extra, b-roll bullshit that I don't really want to watch when I'm trying to sit down and enjoy some good supercross RACING. I understand that advertisements/endorsements need to be run or whatever, but I just feel like it's overpowering the screen time of the athletes, and to be honest, it's turning me off watching it. (Even though I record and watch it every week :lol:)

Anyway, thats just my comments on the broadcast. Feel free to debate/read I really don't care, I felt like writing.
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Re: Supercross Broadcast RANT

Post by MOTOZ293 »

What about my boy Jim Holley on Jim Holley day LIVE. That’s my guy right there
Aaron Hall
Team: Architech

Post by Aaron Hall »

Pretty sure Jeff use to have a pretty bad stutter if i remember right, probably the reason he takes a while to explain things.

One thing I for sure hate is Ralph interrupting all the time.
maggett wrote:when JLV gives u a good dickslappin
ROSE822 wrote:braden carter die u inbred veggie cunt
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Get Mike Alessi instead of Emig and Ralph for a start. Guy seemed to be no BS when he was on Raceday Live! No "blame all the mental stuff", but actually giving really cool insights that felt real and useful.
mack| spokes
Team: Onlyfansracing

Post by mack| spokes »

Just give us the nationals presenters already.
jlv wrote: Either way, for a suicidal rampage it was pretty good.
MXSEMF
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

MOTOZ293 wrote:What about my boy Jim Holley on Jim Holley day LIVE. That’s my guy right there
Talking bout this guy? :lol:
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

Jim Holey is my least fav followed closely by Ralph lol. And if Emig had a bad stutter and has a hard time getting his thoughts out then why is he commentating :roll: commentators have drove me nuts since I started watching racing 10 years ago :lol:
damon99
Team: MXSG

Post by damon99 »

I think pretty much everyone who isn't new to the sport hates Ralph. Although I must say he doesn't sound as stupid as he did 10 years ago. I believe he actually know what he's talking about sometimes, but he still gets on my nerves. The only thing that really grinds my gears about every broadcast is having the monster energy girl (can't think of her name right now) narrate the stupid fan photos that come in. She's not good on tv and she should just stick to holding the 30 second card. And as for the fan photos themselves. I was sick and tired of seeing dirt bikes in living rooms halfway through last season. They need to do something different in the social media department for sure cuz the whole segment is just awful.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

As soon as they're replaced you'll be crying about the new guys. That's guaranteed.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Aaron Hall
Team: Architech

Post by Aaron Hall »

damon99 wrote:I think pretty much everyone who isn't new to the sport hates Ralph. Although I must say he doesn't sound as stupid as he did 10 years ago. I believe he actually know what he's talking about sometimes, but he still gets on my nerves. The only thing that really grinds my gears about every broadcast is having the monster energy girl (can't think of her name right now) narrate the stupid fan photos that come in. She's not good on tv and she should just stick to holding the 30 second card. And as for the fan photos themselves. I was sick and tired of seeing dirt bikes in living rooms halfway through last season. They need to do something different in the social media department for sure cuz the whole segment is just awful.
Juliana Daniell
maggett wrote:when JLV gives u a good dickslappin
ROSE822 wrote:braden carter die u inbred veggie cunt
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

I think they do a pretty great job and personally much prefer Emig to Blair. You cannot ditch the Ralphs and the Julianas because the majority of the audience is not a core motocross rider with 15-20 years of experience with the sport.

Everyone is going to have differing opinions, but I'm sure that most of us would agree that Jim Holley is an absolute nut. Someone is definitely renewing his contract over and over for the lulz. :lol:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

AHeckman2 wrote:Jim Holey is my least fav followed closely by Ralph lol. And if Emig had a bad stutter and has a hard time getting his thoughts out then why is he commentating :roll: commentators have drove me nuts since I started watching racing 10 years ago :lol:
Fuck Jim Holley he’s so brain dead. He literally is the only one who talks during race day live and the camera is always on the NOT THE RIDERS QUALIFYING. I hate that headass with a passion