MX vs ATV All out

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
RXR_Banjo
Team: MotoStar

Re: MX vs ATV All out

Post by RXR_Banjo »

Even MCM2 (motocross madness 2) released in may 2000 had better physics (remember the sx tracks made by guys like RXR_FORMULADIRT... he made them so you couldnt hold it wide open and you had to be really precise.. same with AUS_TWISTED's tracks!!)
wilson213 wrote:It's interesting that one guy, 10 years ago, could make bike physics that are still better than all mx games released so far. This game looks terrible tbh. Unleashed looks like it has better physics that all out. It all just looks meh but I still want to try monster as game.
Phil Doyon #423
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

wilson213 wrote:It's interesting that one guy, 10 years ago, could make bike physics that are still better than all mx games released so far. This game looks terrible tbh. Unleashed looks like it has better physics that all out. It all just looks meh but I still want to try monster as game.
The thing you have to remember in the "Sim vs other MX games" argument is that all the games with teams of developers are supposed to be for everyone. Therefore, they want the physics to not be so hard to learn that Joe Blow, plays one race, goes "Fuck this game sucks" and then asks for a refund. Sim is for the extreme fans, like us that have stuck around for years, who are willing to work past the learning curve. So, the "Sim vs other mx games" argument really sucks. It's kinda like comparing red apples to green apples. Yes, they're the same thing, but they're meant for different people, or rather one is meant for a wider array of people. It's a weird comparison but it makes sense if you think about it
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
broland278
Team: MotoSavage

Post by broland278 »

Little off topic. So i just bought an XB1 this weekend and also preordered MVA. Anyone notice like a frame lag/fps drops? The menu and everything works perfect but when racing it feels like the game is stuttering. I am used to PC gaming on a high-end PC so the console is completely new to me.
motocross_will

Post by motocross_will »

So if you log on you might notice that everything has reset and youve lost everything lol
wilson213
Team: Privateer

Post by wilson213 »

mxsrider96 wrote:
The thing you have to remember in the "Sim vs other MX games" argument is that all the games with teams of developers are supposed to be for everyone. Therefore, they want the physics to not be so hard to learn that Joe Blow, plays one race, goes "Fuck this game sucks" and then asks for a refund. Sim is for the extreme fans, like us that have stuck around for years, who are willing to work past the learning curve. So, the "Sim vs other mx games" argument really sucks. It's kinda like comparing red apples to green apples. Yes, they're the same thing, but they're meant for different people, or rather one is meant for a wider array of people. It's a weird comparison but it makes sense if you think about it
I do agree there are 2 different people who buy these games but they are still comparable since having a mix of mxsim and mxvsatv would be great. I think big developers have always catered to arcade physics for the simplicity of it though. Im just surprised they havent tried more realistic physics for the hardcore gamers. The graphics nowadays are great but gameplay is terrible. It just looks like youre floating around the track and on rails in the corner. They didnt have to make a simulator but make it more realistic. There are so many issues with mxvsatv physics, just not as smooth as you would think for a big dev.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

I would really like to know what audience this is aimed at though and if it responds the way they think? Honestly, an MX game is already such a closed market and if a large enough portion would be a consistent buyer of the product that wanted a Sim-like game then why do they try to appeal to this "wider market". Is that market actually there and how much of it are they getting? I feel like Milestone is the closest to getting it right, they still have work but the target audience is the person who actually enjoys the sport. MVA is just throwing shit at the wall and hoping someone notices.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

broland278 wrote:Little off topic. So i just bought an XB1 this weekend and also preordered MVA. Anyone notice like a frame lag/fps drops? The menu and everything works perfect but when racing it feels like the game is stuttering. I am used to PC gaming on a high-end PC so the console is completely new to me.
Console games don't usually lag, since it's made for a fixed set of specifications. However Halo MCC lags a bit in split screen, some game lags when a major landscape has to render quick, but usually in my 10 years of console gaming, it's pretty solid.
damon99
Team: MXSG

Post by damon99 »

broland278 wrote:Little off topic. So i just bought an XB1 this weekend and also preordered MVA. Anyone notice like a frame lag/fps drops? The menu and everything works perfect but when racing it feels like the game is stuttering. I am used to PC gaming on a high-end PC so the console is completely new to me.
They have a patch coming out probably today to fix performance issues. They claim it wasn't already fixed because it's "early access" and bugs should be expected.
Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Post by Andy_Hack »

Why do you guys still buy their games in the first place? You know it'll be crap, you know you'll be dissapoined and you know you'll waste 50 bucks.
I'm usually all in for supporting motocross games that make it into the stores, but the MX vs. ATV crew obviously doesn't give a damn about us customers, so eff them. Monster Energy Supercross is a good example, that it's still possible to make a game, that us real life mx riders actually enjoy once we fade out, that it's not a simulator.
*fancy signature*
d4u5d6u7 wrote:good staff, nice skins, like
Brock1198
Team: Cycleworks

Post by Brock1198 »

Andy_Hack wrote:Why do you guys still buy their games in the first place? You know it'll be crap, you know you'll be dissapoined and you know you'll waste 50 bucks.
I'm usually all in for supporting motocross games that make it into the stores, but the MX vs. ATV crew obviously doesn't give a damn about us customers, so eff them. Monster Energy Supercross is a good example, that it's still possible to make a game, that us real life mx riders actually enjoy once we fade out, that it's not a simulator.
actually its 35$
jlv wrote:
yzmxer608 wrote:Alrighty jlv time to lock this, politic arguments get people nowhere fast. :?
Are you kidding me? This is a perfect opportunity to break out the American Chopper meme!
broland278

Post by broland278 »

Andy_Hack wrote:Why do you guys still buy their games in the first place? You know it'll be crap, you know you'll be dissapoined and you know you'll waste 50 bucks.
i bought it because you recommended it to me, what a let down
Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Post by Andy_Hack »

Brock1198 wrote:actually its 35$
woah that's a steal!
broland278 wrote:i bought it because you recommended it to me, what a let down
sorry Brandon, you think a hug could fix this? <3
*fancy signature*
d4u5d6u7 wrote:good staff, nice skins, like
DCreedz#523
Team: Greef Clothing

Post by DCreedz#523 »

Pumaxcs wrote:I feel like Milestone is the closest to getting it right, they still have work but the target audience is the person who actually enjoys the sport. MVA is just throwing shit at the wall and hoping someone notices.
TRUTH! There isn't a market anymore for non-moto fans to pick up a moto game like there once was.
LOGANYZ125

Post by LOGANYZ125 »

im having a blast with it .... I'd recommend getting a fully upgraded 4fatty before jumping to conclusions ...
JT43 wrote:"Y'all cowards don't even smoke crack..."
broland278

Post by broland278 »

broland278 wrote:i bought it because you recommended it to me, what a let down
sorry Brandon, you think a hug could fix this? <3[/quote]

Yeah I suppose that will work