Do you think erode has made the racing better or worse in SX?

Organize races and post results here

The racing has been better than ever!
25%
The racing is one lined!
61%
I don't care/No preference
13%

Total votes: 122

Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I've personally enjoyed seeing the tracks deteriorate throughout the main events and become another challenging aspect to the game, however I do think corners get one lined, and becomes tougher to pass than in most cases. Most of the time, passes are made from another rider making a mistake and not being able to complete a rhythm section due to the ruts. If that doesn't happen, contact is usually made, where a penalty is sometimes handed out.

The question simply asks if you think it's made the racing better or worse. I'm not asking if you like erode, I'm asking your opinion on how it races.

Personally I don't find it that appealing in Supercross. It makes sweepers feel slippery and inconsistent, corners become one lined, and there isn't really any additional ruts in rhythm sections. Outdoors, however, will be fun and create different lines and options for passing (in my opinion).
Brina927
Team: Whipstyle

Re: Do you think erode has made the racing better or worse in SX?

Post by Brina927 »

Agree with you 100%
My Stats
Discord: MxBrina#9694
jlv wrote:Team Motosport Honda's Brina made MX Simulator history as she became the first woman to take a win in a major series.
Rush
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Balenciaga

Post by Rush »

Supercross has always been kind of 1 lined
Jared133mx wrote:if you have anything else to say you can shoot my mom a message :wink:
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Rush wrote:Supercross has always been kind of 1 lined
I disagree. You had more freedom to pick your way through the track. If you want to guard your inside you can still get to the top of the berm and not lose too much time, whereas now you have to check up to avoid the huge line that forks. Also, if someone goes up your inside you used to be able to square it up, and once ruts form you can't do that as much anymore.
NoFear345
Team: IG: @dryan345

Post by NoFear345 »

Get rid of erode supercross and front end lock and sim would be ight. :lol:
Snopro704

Post by Snopro704 »

I think it's not awful, but once we go outdoors we're all gonna realize maybe it's best to only have erode outdoors. Racing is just too tight in supercross, and I feel like everybody has had dumb little erode crashes this year that hurt the rest of the riders too much.

That being said I've had some of my most fun battles this year for sure, but i feel like most passes are in rhythm sections only after you hit a rut better than someone. Passing in turns is pretty difficult to do clean with some of the ruts formed, but once again I think outdoors is where it belongs.
Flower Power - Am I an OG yet? :lol:
maggett
Team: Architech

Post by maggett »

keep using erode sim = dead
2018 EMF EU 250SX East Coast Champion
RFX_corentin_12
Team: Impact

Post by RFX_corentin_12 »

maggett wrote:keep using erode sim = dead
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
FlyinHigh

Post by FlyinHigh »

I thought the erode earlier in the season was much better for racing as it was a bit more forgiving, now if you go across a rut in a corner you're probably going to endo or wash out. I think erode in general was good for SX but the earlier tracks did it better imo.
Sabo
Team: <3 lane

Post by Sabo »

FlyinHigh wrote:I thought the erode earlier in the season was much better for racing as it was a bit more forgiving, now if you go across a rut in a corner you're probably going to endo or wash out. I think erode in general was good for SX but the earlier tracks did it better imo.
+1
The erode should maybe be even less in supercross, so one line doesn't become so prevalent so quickly. That way, you'd probably see more, albeit smaller, lines develop.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:As I awake from champagne wishes and caviar dreams, I realize it's back to Pabst Blue Ribbon and Doritos.
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

I personally think erode was made more for outdoors than sx. Supercross is naturally one lined even without erode, so erode on it really won't change anything. I feel like Outdoors at most will be 3 lined. Inside, middle, and outside. My opinion is that erode definitely changes the whole game in supercross, because it adds a whole new element to the racing and requires you to be on your toes at all times, but I feel as if it's too one lined. It has benefits and it has its flaws. Hoping outdoors will suit erode better.