2018 Diesnuz Motocross (PBR)

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Sabo
Team: <3 lane

2018 Diesnuz Motocross (PBR)

Post by Sabo »

Welcome to my third track release, Diesnuz Motocross! This time a national track I made using Mudbox, trying something different for terrain creation. This track is built for erode, but can be ridden without it. Erosion adds more of a challenge and makes the track a bit more rough on the main lines. If anyone is interested in how I used Mudbox or wants a tutorial, let me know. There is some pros and cons:
Pros:
-Great ruts, very easy to create them.
-Enviroment and general elevation is easy to do.
-Roughness is easier to create without strictly linear or radial gradients from editor.
-3d viewport.
Cons:
-Fine details such as jump faces are difficult to manage, but are easier with better tool understanding.
-Sometimes you end up with much bigger terrain than you anticipate (It's helpful to have a secondary human body model for scale).

Anyways, here is some pictures.

Here is the track link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vi3om8s353pr4 ... s.zip?dl=0
IT IS A DOUBLE FOLDER, YOU NEED TO PLACE BOTH THE TREE2LONGGER.PNG AND THE DIESNUZMOTOCROSS FOLDER IN YOUR SIM FOLDER. The reason is that there was one tree that I used from a .saf that some people didn't have. This will guarantee that you are able to join servers with this track.

Credits:
Thanks to Kyle Watts for his help with environment, and letting me *borrow* your objects and decals.
Thanks to Kyle Watts, Michael Hodge, Lane Burkes, Jared Meranda, Seth Beal, and Senor Bob for testing.
Thanks to DJ for his tutorial on shadows that I use every time.
Mudbox, for being decent.
Bryce, I hate you Bryce.

I will also be hosting an elim tonight (4/30) on this track on pabst.flowtechmxs.com:19891. Forum post here: http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=49140
TeamHavocRacing wrote:As I awake from champagne wishes and caviar dreams, I realize it's back to Pabst Blue Ribbon and Doritos.
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Re: 2018 Diesnuz Motocross (PBR)

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

deez nuts, funny.

Looks good besides a couple of ruts like this that are way too big. Image I'll have to try out the track sometime. Looks fun.
beal76
Team: Privateer

Post by beal76 »

Try her out tonight and get your ass whipped :) @hubbard
Sabo
Team: <3 lane

Post by Sabo »

I've had a couple people having trouble getting the track to work with it being in a double folder so here is what you need to do:

Extract the track like normal

Click the one that is now uncompressed, here is what is inside

Select those two items and put them in your sim folder, you can tell it's the right folder because it doesn't have a space. The tree2longger.png is from a .saf that some people don't have.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:As I awake from champagne wishes and caviar dreams, I realize it's back to Pabst Blue Ribbon and Doritos.