Jake the Snake's MX Sim/IRL Thread

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Finalmushroom
Team: Privateer

Re: Jake the Snake's MX Sim/IRL Thread

Post by Finalmushroom »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:
Finalmushroom wrote:I'm trying to get the rear to squat more
Soft suspension is more forgiving and typical to start with. I try to get my suspension stiff enough to the point that it helps prevent a legs off crash from bottoming out. Like when you flatland it. SX kinda stiffer than MX for me. Then I tune high-speed rebound balance f/r to get it so it won't nose high or endo all the time.
It sucks because I get my suspension where I love it for SX but then I can't seem to find a good MX one. Honestly I use the same suspension for both. When I first started about a year ago I was a lot worse and it didn't matter as much. Now when I come into harsh braking bumps with that SX set up I die. lol.
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

Sabo wrote:
Rush wrote:
Sabo wrote:but your scrub is weak as fuck mang.
hes new give him a break
If it came off as an insult, I meant it more as a tease. I've been (stalker) following Jake since January.
Lol. I was going to ask for some proof to your comments but you had it in there! Love the commentary. :mrgreen:
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

Hello and good Monday,

Give me some feedback. MX training is in session. ;)

Nah but really. Why the hell does my dude do this at 1:10?

I think it's the weird steering and how it's set up. I feel like there's an imaginary 180 degree plain and if you're not giving it gas (Giving you forward drive and holding that plain at the 90 degree or straight mark) and an outside force (AKA a bump) pushes you that plain can get knocked off to the side by about 110 degrees right or left causing your man to get whip lash as if you just turned the bars to the side.

JLV care to educate a man on this subject? lol. It's really cool how this game all works!! :mrgreen:

Side little video of me trying to be like Axell. lolol.

-Jake
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

It looks like you were standing when you crashed. Maybe if you were seated and leaning forward you might've made it through. If you sit and lean forward, you remain riding in many cases where you'd wreck.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

At 1:10 it looks like the dab force saved you.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

jlv wrote:At 1:10 it looks like the dab force saved you.
Yeah, that was completely on accident. I tend to sit too early through braking bumps (I do it IRL too) :oops:

Think that's what caused me to swab out in the first place probably.
Are my thoughts on the turning/leaning aspect to the game even remotely close?

Thanks for your time man!

-Jake
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:It looks like you were standing when you crashed. Maybe if you were seated and leaning forward you might've made it through. If you sit and lean forward, you remain riding in many cases where you'd wreck.
At 1:10? I rode it out but I'm confused about why it happened in the first place. I do think I sat too early which when I hit that braking bump it gave me a huge kick.

When I play in 1st person with two sticks (This was in 3rd on one stick) I feel like I do a lot better on the bumps. I can lean back more which I think allows me to soak them up more.

It's interesting because you can lean back in real life but most guys tend to be more in a neutral "attack position" while going through them and not all leaned back. Figuring out what the game wants has been my biggest challenge. lol.

-Jake
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

Am I the only weirdo that will switch between 3rd person and 1 stick to 1st person 2 sticks?

Probably why I will always suck that this game. lol.
Here's a fun little run. I'm learning to slow down in the turns a little more (for my skill level) which helps me not blow every damn rut I get into. :lol:

-Jake
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Finalmushroom wrote:
Yeah, that was completely on accident. I tend to sit too early through braking bumps (I do it IRL too) :oops:

-Jake
You usually swap because you didn't steer into a slide fast enough. If you run a high steering damping setting it might help to lower it. Too much damping will keep the steering aligned with the frame instead of in the direction you're moving which is not what you want in that situation. (I think that might be part of the reason why Honda's riders have had some bad swaps since they went to the steering damper. Good for headshake, bad for tank slappers.)
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
AtlasZoor
Team: Atlas Trackworks

Post by AtlasZoor »

Finalmushroom wrote:Am I the only weirdo that will switch between 3rd person and 1 stick to 1st person 2 sticks?

Here's a fun little run. I'm learning to slow down in the turns a little more (for my skill level) which helps me not blow every damn rut I get into
also try just having steady throttle in the corner it will help to not upset the bike. each time you let off you unload the suspension and will also cause you to climb over the rut.
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

AtlasZoor wrote:
Finalmushroom wrote:Am I the only weirdo that will switch between 3rd person and 1 stick to 1st person 2 sticks?

Here's a fun little run. I'm learning to slow down in the turns a little more (for my skill level) which helps me not blow every damn rut I get into
also try just having steady throttle in the corner it will help to not upset the bike. each time you let off you unload the suspension and will also cause you to climb over the rut.
Man I wish I could learn throttle control in this game. lol. It's hard for me. Maybe in a year or so. But I see your point. If I let off in the wrong spot it will buck me off even if I snapped the rider back in some cases.
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

jlv wrote:
Finalmushroom wrote:

-Jake
You usually swap because you didn't steer into a slide fast enough. If you run a high steering damping setting it might help to lower it. Too much damping will keep the steering aligned with the frame instead of in the direction you're moving which is not what you want in that situation. (I think that might be part of the reason why Honda's riders have had some bad swaps since they went to the steering damper. Good for headshake, bad for tank slappers.)
I'm not sure what's considered "high" in this game referring to steering stability. lol. I run 38 but I think that may be on a little bit higher side.

Those steering stabilizers really helped Honda's with the head shake problems they had. As far as the hard hits as you know it's all about the balance between the two and what the rider wants as well as track conditions.

-Jake
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

You eventually will find that a stab setting below 10 allows for more freedom of movement/lean and whips too! Remember that any advanced stab settings will be lost when you move the stab slider even 1 increment. That's why /writesetup JakeDaSnake1 and /readsetup JakeDaSnake1 will help you compare setups. Just write multiple setups and compare JakeDaSnake1 to JakeDaSnake2 and so on. I think mine's at 5 or 7 but I never really mess with advanced.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Finalmushroom wrote:I'm not sure what's considered "high" in this game referring to steering stability. lol. I run 38 but I think that may be on a little bit higher side.

Those steering stabilizers really helped Honda's with the head shake problems they had. As far as the hard hits as you know it's all about the balance between the two and what the rider wants as well as track conditions.

-Jake
I meant the steering damping setting, not the stability setting. And yes, the damper will help headshake but make swaps worse because as the frame rotates it will try to make the fork follow along which is not what you want in that situation.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

jlv wrote:
Finalmushroom wrote:I'm not sure what's considered "high" in this game referring to steering stability. lol. I run 38 but I think that may be on a little bit higher side.

-Jake
I meant the steering damping setting, not the stability setting. And yes, the damper will help headshake but make swaps worse because as the frame rotates it will try to make the fork follow along which is not what you want in that situation.
We were on the same page. Steering Dampening (about mid way of the page in the advanced settings) at about 38. I go to 40 at times too. lol.
That's interesting how it works.
It helps you prevent that situation but if that situation were to arise it makes it worse. lol.