YOUR Real MX Vid's

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
damon99
Team: MXSG

Re: YOUR Real MX Vid's

Post by damon99 »

Alright here's my latest. This was a pretty fun one to shoot, but it was also kinda difficult for me editing wise as well. Let me know what you guys think. Constructive criticism is definitely welcome!
JConley691
Team: CG Motorsports

Post by JConley691 »

damon99 wrote:Constructive criticism is definitely welcome!
I liked the vid! Squire seems like a cool guy. Never met him, but I've heard his name around here throughout the years. I'd say my criticism is that in the beginning shots your clips are saturated, but when it gets to the riding your clips become really flat. Seemed a little off to me but you might be fighting different white balance settings or color settings between the aerials and on-ground shooting (I'm not sure if you use a different camera for each one. I always had trouble splicing GoPro footage with my T2i footage. Never could get them to match visually). Either way that's prob my only beef. AND a positive, I love seeing wide-angle clips! Lens variety is always a plus in my book.
damon99

Post by damon99 »

JConley691 wrote:
damon99 wrote:Constructive criticism is definitely welcome!
I liked the vid! Squire seems like a cool guy. Never met him, but I've heard his name around here throughout the years. I'd say my criticism is that in the beginning shots your clips are saturated, but when it gets to the riding your clips become really flat. Seemed a little off to me but you might be fighting different white balance settings or color settings between the aerials and on-ground shooting (I'm not sure if you use a different camera for each one. I always had trouble splicing GoPro footage with my T2i footage. Never could get them to match visually). Either way that's prob my only beef. AND a positive, I love seeing wide-angle clips! Lens variety is always a plus in my book.
Thanks Jared! Ya I was having a lot of issues trying to match the colors of the drone footage and the a6300 footage. I was also using S-log 2 on the a6300. It was my first time really using it for anything like this, but I'm not sure if I'll continue to use it with how much trouble it can cause. If anyone has some tips for color grading with S-log, that would be great tho.
And those wide angle shots were some of my favorite! Lol. Was my first time using that lens as well.
MXJProductions
Team: MXJP

Post by MXJProductions »

I love the music, it's nice not seeing trap rap crap covered with awful slo mo the entire time. I would definitely personally like to see more action with full motion instead of all the slow motion but that's just me tired of seeing super slo mo all the time. It tends to cover up artistry. However, you seem to be good at mixing the two fairly well. I love the flow of it all. I will kind of piggy back off of Jared and mention something a bit different. I would like to see you get in a better habit of doing color grading, as well correction. That would help eliminate what Jared mentioned about the saturation/Flatness. With your Picture Profile being flat you should be able to grade some beautiful imagery. Keep up the great work bud. definitely worth the watch!
damon99

Post by damon99 »

Thanks Jeff I appreciate it!
Sib43
Team: pridemx.at

Post by Sib43 »

Guys, this is like a dream come true and pretty much a highlight of my video career. I met Ryan Dungey on the KTM Bike Launch this monday and filmed him riding a two smoker :)

JConley691

Post by JConley691 »

Sib43 wrote:Guys, this is like a dream come true and pretty much a highlight of my video career. I met Ryan Dungey on the KTM Bike Launch this monday and filmed him riding a two smoker :)
This is gonna get a ton of views... Stoked you got to meet the dunge.
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

Nothing special here, just me looking like a goon at the track riding around with weird GoPro mounts (you should see what I look like with the rear facing camera on :lol: ) but just wondering if you guys have any suggestions on any other places to mount a GoPro on a bike, or different angles to try?

Sib43
Team: pridemx.at

Post by Sib43 »

JConley691 wrote:
Sib43 wrote:Guys, this is like a dream come true and pretty much a highlight of my video career. I met Ryan Dungey on the KTM Bike Launch this monday and filmed him riding a two smoker :)
This is gonna get a ton of views... Stoked you got to meet the dunge.
Indeed, over 80k views already, haha!

Anyway, here is the video I got paid for - Interviews are in german but I hope you can enjoy the video:

JConley691

Post by JConley691 »

Man I've been wanting to post something here for so long! I can't believe how long it's been since my last proper video... almost a year ago now at RedBud. However, as I'm sure most of you who frequent this thread know, I've been plugging away at some writing projects on my blog/site World of Echo. I always planned on putting some video content there, and after a month of prep and a couples days shooting, I finally have something to share.

I shot my first sequences of 16mm film for this, which I'm super excited about. Film is something that's fascinated me for awhile now, and to get my hands on a working camera and see the results come back positive had me elated. (Especially considering how awful my first foray into film was. (~$80 for a processed roll of overexposed 8mm.) Anyway, as always I hope you guys enjoy the new vid. If you're down for a little reading too, you can visit the article I wrote about Alex here - https://inaworldofecho.wordpress.com/20 ... i-article/

Thanks

damon99

Post by damon99 »

Super good as always Jared. Love the unique editing style of the whole video.

Are you using some kind of gimbal for some of those low shots? Looks really good. Haven't gotten a chance to read the article, but it looks like you've been killing it on those as well :)
damon99

Post by damon99 »

What are your guys' thoughts on this IGTV thing?

From the looks of it, it's meant for videos on phones (Essentially portrait instead of landscape).. but up to an hour in length and linked with instagram and you can upload from a computer.
To me it sounds like a youtube competitor. I've already seen a couple people I subscribe to on youtube post some pretty nice high quality stuff on there... I honestly think this is probably the single best thing/ idea for a platform that's come out since youtube, if it gets as much traction as I think it will...

What are your thoughts as this relates to motocross videos? (assuming this platform catches on)

Of course I don't think this could ever replace doing traditional landscape style videos, but I personally think it could provide a good new challenge for shooting videos all together. With framing shots more specifically.
Just trying to imagine running around a track trying to shoot everything in portrait :lol:
JConley691

Post by JConley691 »

damon99 wrote:Are you using some kind of gimbal for some of those low shots? Looks really good. Haven't gotten a chance to read the article, but it looks like you've been killing it on those as well :)
Yeah I finally got my hands on a used DJI Ronin to put my FS5 on. Always wanted to own one and finally found something in my price range.
damon99 wrote:Just trying to imagine running around a track trying to shoot everything in portrait :lol:
I noticed that this morning when you uploaded that high point vid. The thought of shooting in portrait seems absolutely ridiculous to me right now... especially for moto. For vloggers and other "lifestyle" type youtube creators though, this could sway them away from youtube if Instagram figures out how to pay them. Instagram has been great for promotion, but it's been a middle-man of sorts for longform content creators (watch the video by visiting the link in my bio!). This would take that video they're trying to promote directly to Instagram.

I think if it does take off, that'll be good for youtube because they've consistently shit on their creators for the past few years with no consequence, and having a competitor might make them step their game up for once and stop promoting all of the bullshit they do now. However, I wouldn't want to see youtube potentially fall into the realm of lesser-tier video sites like dailymotion or the ill-fated ebaumsworld if they can't keep up.
damon99

Post by damon99 »

JConley691 wrote: Yeah I finally got my hands on a used DJI Ronin to put my FS5 on. Always wanted to own one and finally found something in my price range.
Awesome! I would really like to have a ronin-s, but I feel like with the amount of work that I actually do it wouldn't even be worth the $700 investment. I'm still paying for some of the stuff I recently bought.
JConley691 wrote: I think if it does take off, that'll be good for youtube because they've consistently shit on their creators for the past few years with no consequence, and having a competitor might make them step their game up for once and stop promoting all of the bullshit they do now. However, I wouldn't want to see youtube potentially fall into the realm of lesser-tier video sites like dailymotion or the ill-fated ebaumsworld if they can't keep up.
Ya I definitely wouldn't wanna see youtube go down the drain. But hopefully they will learn a lesson while at the same time losing all of the trashy content creators that unfortunately call youtube home right now.
hvpmvp

Post by hvpmvp »

The cr125vskx100 video is the old layout at my house