WW Ranch 2017 [3D scanned - release]

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Sandhapper
Team: MotoRAD

Re: WW Ranch 2017 [3D scanned - release]

Post by Sandhapper »

Atom6246 wrote:Traction threw it off for me. Especially with the weird kickers on the lips of the jumps.
Could you elaborate a bit? What didn't you like about the traction? And which kickers? I only know of i'd say 2 or 3 small doubles (after the masive single and 180) which have bumps on the face of the jump, do you mean those?
MX|VISUALS wrote:only improvement id say would be give some take offs a little steeper take off, adds a bit more fun to it because you can hit most of them wide open on a 450 as they are, and because your not that high it hard to get legs off
The idea was to keep the jump shapes roughly the same as the initial scan. I do think the long table was made a little steeper, but other than that it's pretty much how it is in real life. Thanks for the feedback though!

I'm glad most of you are enjoying the track so far!
2013 EMF outdoors 2nd place overall
2013 MxSCentral outdoors 2nd place overall
2012 EMF outdoors 2nd overall
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall
2011 SMA outdoors champion

Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

Sandhapper wrote:Could you elaborate a bit? What didn't you like about the traction? And which kickers? I only know of i'd say 2 or 3 small doubles (after the masive single and 180) which have bumps on the face of the jump, do you mean those?
IMO it doesn't matter if theres only 1 or 2, theres still kickers and kickers are too random imo.
I think its the pre made breaking bumps and the lips of the jumps with the kickers that makes the traction weird. It wants hold my front wheel down and causes some weird swaps/not being able to scrub.
I dont think they would be a huge issue but since its MXS and you can't see shit, it makes it random.
Cant see anything from my view.
But surely theres a kicker
Also on this double
I can't scrub because my front wheel will be glued to the ground due to the kicker rather than being able to lean back and slide my front wheel off the lip.

Hope you can understand what Im saying. And Im not trying to say this is everyones issue, but yeah just my opinion.
Sandhapper

Post by Sandhapper »

Atom6246 wrote:
Sandhapper wrote:Could you elaborate a bit? What didn't you like about the traction? And which kickers? I only know of i'd say 2 or 3 small doubles (after the masive single and 180) which have bumps on the face of the jump, do you mean those?
IMO it doesn't matter if theres only 1 or 2, theres still kickers and kickers are too random imo.
I think its the pre made breaking bumps and the lips of the jumps with the kickers that makes the traction weird. It wants hold my front wheel down and causes some weird swaps/not being able to scrub.
I dont think they would be a huge issue but since its MXS and you can't see shit, it makes it random.
Cant see anything from my view.
https://i.gyazo.com/6794f9c8b3866f55cfa ... 2bad41.png
But surely theres a kicker
https://i.gyazo.com/679127603fdad08c8a5 ... f18d0a.jpg
Also on this double
https://i.gyazo.com/5d93834cab29c41648d ... b82617.png
I can't scrub because my front wheel will be glued to the ground due to the kicker rather than being able to lean back and slide my front wheel off the lip.

Hope you can understand what Im saying. And Im not trying to say this is everyones issue, but yeah just my opinion.
Thanks for the feedback! I totally get what you're saying. I thought about removing the bumps on every jump, though, I also liked it because that'd make it a little more technical of a track. The whole track is quite flat, no big bumps and ruts. I do understand that it could be frustrating seeing how unclear it is to see.

I'll definitely keep that in my for my next release. I get why it's annoying.
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall

Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

Sweet glad you understand where I'm coming from :p
I see where you are at as well. Maybe a darker shadow map or whatever its called to see the bumps a little easier? Or different sun angle.
Aaron Hall
Team: Architech

Post by Aaron Hall »

Sandhapper wrote: The idea was to keep the jump shapes roughly the same as the initial scan. I do think the long table was made a little steeper, but other than that it's pretty much how it is in real life.
You are correct.
maggett wrote:when JLV gives u a good dickslappin
ROSE822 wrote:braden carter die u inbred veggie cunt
mxbelgium
Team: Privateer

Post by mxbelgium »

tanks ....!
LnnT
Team: 347 Racing

Post by LnnT »

I love it! A 1:1 scale version would be a nice addition to include.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Track's good, looks good, rides good, mostly. Some stuff is a little hard to see, but it's not a major concern. The way the bumps are, they feel very natural, even those in the jumps, but it does feel like they're a bit upscaled compared what "real life" ones would seem, but also this track is upscaled, so I guess that's to be expected. Nevertheless, small bumps/natural track deterioration feels very good.

Traction is really weird. This seems like a normal dirt track to me, but the traction is slow as sand and slippery as muddy hard-pack. It's hard to get the bike to rev and watching videos, it doesn't seem to be Lommel, so I would expect the bike to move forward faster. With the rear end you're likely to slide out. I don't mind it being a little loose, I just think that this slipperiness would suit a muddy track, which I don't get the feeling this version is (not water puddles etc).

I'll use Atom's pictures as they're mostly of what I need. The main point of these (to me) is that in one there's a weird bump that kicks you over the bars if you're going to the left. The other is that in some areas, some jump faces are starting to have their angle decrease before the actual take-off, combining that with the traction, it's really hard to to anything other than still having your rear wheel on the ground and letting the front dip since it's so slow you won't be able to use power to correct it. This also makes it hard to whip. I found that in some case, it's better or worse on one side of the take off rather than on the other one.
Atom6246 wrote:Image
Lastly, again, combined with the traction, I think some jumps are too big, even if they're overscaled. The very long tabletop and the finish jumps are my main ones, as they're no problem with 450, but you have to work really really hard to make them on a 250, where's the finish line, I don't think I've even cleared once. If you'd put some better traction on, it'd been fine, but now it's really hard to get speed from anywhere for the finish. Or sticking with either muddy or sandy, not both. At least for this upscaled version.

Overall, the track is good and I hope to see more tracks like this :)
TheLoco
Team: Privateer

Post by TheLoco »

Awesome track!!!!
a 1:1 Version would be AWESOME too!!!

TheTrack is kinda fun. But for 250´s the jumps are too big to clear them all! Maybe a little bit better traction little bit less sandy that you can go "Forward" on 250´s
Sandhapper

Post by Sandhapper »

Thanks for the feedback Wahlamt and TheLoco!
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall

JoshMX1996
Team: Yellow Magic Racing

Post by JoshMX1996 »

too much fun great job on this track its amazing.
Ripping_reckless

Post by Ripping_reckless »

sick dawg