The best controller for MXS

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
ShortyMX
Team: Skullcandy

The best controller for MXS

Post by ShortyMX »

Here's the deal: I've been playing on a wired XBOX360 controller for 5 years now and the sticks begin to drift more and more, so I'm looking at a new controller.
I saved up some money to get a custom controller with paddles so I can keep my thumb on the right stick while shifting.

Now I've tried my PS4 controller first before making decisions and I didn't like it. Maybe I just wasn't used to it but I kinda gave up after 15 minutes. It felt like it had less precision in the triggers and I'm used to the geometry of the X360 controller (it suits my big hands better). Plus it didn't work on bluetooth? Obviously I'm more interested in a X1 S controller now, but also concerned that it doesn't work via bluetooth and that it has less precision.
What are your experiences? Which controller worked best for you and why? What would you recommend to me?
ImageImageImage
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Re: The best controller for MXS

Post by LKR47 »

Personally, I felt like the Xbox One controller was easier to get used to after my 360 controller bit the dust. I've always thought the dualshock 4 was too sensitive. As for bluetooth, I'm not sure if its a thing on PC. If it is I'm sure Microsoft makes an adapter, but idk I've never tried it because my controller is wired. However, it's really just up to personal preference. I think the majority uses the Xbox controller though.
ShortyMX

Post by ShortyMX »

LKR47 wrote: As for bluetooth, I'm not sure if its a thing on PC. If it is I'm sure Microsoft makes an adapter, but idk I've never tried it because my controller is wired.
The new Xbox One S Controller has bluetooth and it should connect, I was just curious if it would work as the Dualshock 4 doesn't in bluetooth...

Pretty interesting that our feeling for the Dualshock is the opposite haha, didn't think someone would say that. Thanks for the input though!
ImageImageImage
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

ps4 controller feels best for me, its the most comfortable controller that lets me rest my middle fingers on triggers and index fingers on bumbers. Any other controller I have to my index fingers for bumpers and triggers or else it feels awkward.
Tanner Rogers
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

LKR47 wrote: I was just curious if it would work as the Dualshock 4 doesn't....
Not true. You just haven't tried hard enough. It's a bitch but you can get it working. There's tons of YouTube tutorials and you have to install Xbox 360 controller or something like that ironically enough!
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:.
Maybe my bluetooth module connected to my PC doesn't support it then. I've tried DS4Windowsand a few other driver emulator programs.
TeamHavocRacing

Ah ok. Mine is a tiny, super low profile one that's too easy to lose lol. It takes several tries with a crazy routine of getting into settings fast enough and moving one axis fast enough before it gives an error message. I have a wired Logitech F310 that's bulletproof, so I use it instead. If they get all of the DS4 features working someday, that'll be sick.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I used to use the Logitech F510, then switched to PS3, but I have to use a button throttle. I've been wanting to switch to Xbox one since it's a bit smaller and the Xbox 360 is big for my hands.
Trevor#91
Team: Proline Designs

Post by Trevor#91 »

Ddavis wrote:I used to use the Logitech F510, then switched to PS3, but I have to use a button throttle. I've been wanting to switch to Xbox one since it's a bit smaller and the Xbox 360 is big for my hands.
I use a ps3 as well cuz xbox controllers arent comfortable at all. why the button throttle? I have throttle as R2 and brakes as L2 and for some reason i can be on both at the same time. do u have that problem as well?
Trevor#91
Team: Proline Designs

Post by Trevor#91 »

Trevor#91 wrote:
Ddavis wrote:I used to use the Logitech F510, then switched to PS3, but I have to use a button throttle. I've been wanting to switch to Xbox one since it's a bit smaller and the Xbox 360 is big for my hands.
I use a ps3 as well cuz xbox controllers arent comfortable at all. why the button throttle? I have throttle as R2 and brakes as L2 and for some reason i can be on both at the same time. do u have that problem as well?
^^^CAN'T
clw1115934
Team: DABS

Post by clw1115934 »

I suck but after trying them all I would recommend the Xbox One controller over the Dualshock 3/4, or Xbox 360.
Xbox One controller works well with Windows 10 and after constantly toying with DS4Windows and InputMapper I don't miss using the DS4 controller at all. I liked the PS4 shape more at first, but because I have big hands, the Xbox One controller has really grown on me and I love the shape/size more than DS4 now. A wired Xbox 360 controller is good, but I don't feel the same level of accuracy from the joysticks on the Xbox 360 compared to the Xbox One. The Dualshock 4 controller 'accuracy' seemed kind of inconsistent. Because of how difficult sim is, I've never had luck with bluetooth and always use a wired controller for consistent performance. They sell Xbox One controllers for Windows 10 that come with a micro USB cord for the same price.
Gucci#9473
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Trevor#91 wrote:
Trevor#91 wrote:
^^^CAN'T
I came straight from Unleashed and never used a trigger throttle before sim, so I just played with what I was used to.
TeamHavocRacing

For my DS4 to work in Windows 7(God help Win 10 users) I used... Xbox360_64Eng.exe and DS4Windows_1.5.4_x64.zip ...along with this video... https://youtu.be/N7DUV4T8744
ShortyMX

Post by ShortyMX »

clw1115934 wrote:I suck but after trying them all I would recommend the Xbox One controller over the Dualshock 3/4, or Xbox 360.
Xbox One controller works well with Windows 10 and after constantly toying with DS4Windows and InputMapper I don't miss using the DS4 controller at all. I liked the PS4 shape more at first, but because I have big hands, the Xbox One controller has really grown on me and I love the shape/size more than DS4 now. A wired Xbox 360 controller is good, but I don't feel the same level of accuracy from the joysticks on the Xbox 360 compared to the Xbox One. The Dualshock 4 controller 'accuracy' seemed kind of inconsistent. Because of how difficult sim is, I've never had luck with bluetooth and always use a wired controller for consistent performance. They sell Xbox One controllers for Windows 10 that come with a micro USB cord for the same price.
That's the input I was looking for. Thanks for the insight!
ImageImageImage