[RELEASE] 2018 Briarcliff MX

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
AtlasZoor
Team: Atlas Trackworks

[RELEASE] 2018 Briarcliff MX

Post by AtlasZoor »

Hows it going guys. As you can tell I made my first replica! This one of my local tracks were I ride all the time. So I decided to test some new methods and build it!
Overall I think it came out pretty good. My main reason for making this was just testing out making overlays (you can thank kyle watts for that). Anyway I hope you guys think it flows and works good.

Before you complain about this not being 100% accurate. I wanted some parts to be different that IRL just for the sake of line selection and how it flows. you will see some corners are raised or some jumps are bigger. Also the track is not perfect. Some parts are a janky but its hard to get a accurate representation of a local track. just wanted to get that out of the way so keyboard warriors wont rip on me. :D :D hehe. Also for you goons wondering I did not make the C track or mini track Sorry lol. Let me know if there are problems. I feel like I have problems on every post. I swear I look through everything but sometimes little stuff slips through.

MASSIVE thanks to kyle watts for helping me out on the overlay and answering any questions I had. Really cant thank you enough!
Also big thanks to Jeremy150 for helping me out my stand.
Niklas for the fences.
Forgot were the bales are from I think the GP's maybe not sure.

LINK - http://www.mediafire.com/file/ntpc5pm3q ... f.rar/file

supermottousa19
Team: twitch.tv/walman

Re: [RELEASE] 2018 Briarcliff MX

Post by supermottousa19 »

:D
Team: LCQ Studios / rF

Post by 137 »

HOLYYYY CRAP, she looks b-e-autiful! I can't wait to try it out!
If you enjoy what I make, donate to the cause 8) It's very much appreciated!!
supermottousa19
Team: twitch.tv/walman

Post by supermottousa19 »

137 wrote:HOLYYYY CRAP, she looks b-e-autiful! I can't wait to try it out!

Decals/Overlay looks like you downscaled them to 16x16 from 4k :? and or just blurred them a lot. I'm 99.9% sure you didn't mean to do this?
motochris192

Post by motochris192 »

badass!!! Briarcliff is my favorite track in ohio
AtlasZoor

Post by AtlasZoor »

supermottousa19 wrote: -1

Decals/Overlay looks like you downscaled them to 16x16 from 4k :? and or just blurred them a lot. I'm 99.9% sure you didn't mean to do this?
Not sure what you mean. The decal Is 4k and not down scaled at all. Its just that the google image didnt have alot of detail so I had compensate for it.
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

supermottousa19 wrote:
137 wrote:HOLYYYY CRAP, she looks b-e-autiful! I can't wait to try it out!

It probably looks blurry to you because you have you graphics turned down. Also, a 4k overlay goes over the entire track, so it won't look perfectly smooth. It will look low quality sometimes because of it going over the entirety of the track. My only idea to countering this and making it look absolutely perfect would be an 8k overlay. However, that takes a lot of time to do considering you need your decals in photoshop over the entirety of the 8k google image, which would cause the image to be extremely large in file size. I was thinking about doing this on one of my tracks, but never really had the motivation do put in such effort.
Braap677
Team: Privateer

Post by Braap677 »

no way! one of my favorite tracks irl
Liddzor
Team: Mitas Racing

Post by Liddzor »

Great track, small jumpus but it is a replic tho. Gj !!!
mxer433
Team: Nami

Post by mxer433 »

sick track but i gotta agree, the decals are a lil low quality and kinda threw me off haha, had my stuff maxed out and it still looked like i was on 32x32
wocky slush
AtlasZoor

Post by AtlasZoor »

mxer433 wrote:sick track but i gotta agree, the decals are a lil low quality and kinda threw me off haha, had my stuff maxed out and it still looked like i was on 32x32
yea idk. I though it looked ok. but sorry for the people who don't like it. I will try to make it better next time.
larryloopout
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by larryloopout »

you didnt even do decals bruh, You just did a overlay lol. Go put decals on it takes maybe 15 mins.
AtlasZoor

Post by AtlasZoor »

larryloopout wrote:you didnt even do decals bruh, You just did a overlay lol. Go put decals on it takes maybe 15 mins.
Do it for me if you want. I said in the post this was a test to see If I wanted to keep doing overlays. It was also my first overlay. So sorry for making some mistakes. I can tell from your 11 posts you know a lot about track making. And many people have already said it looks bad so don't need to beat a dead horse here.
JettWisdom

Post by JettWisdom »

AtlasZoor wrote:
larryloopout wrote:you didnt even do decals bruh, You just did a overlay lol. Go put decals on it takes maybe 15 mins.
Do it for me if you want. I said in the post this was a test to see If I wanted to keep doing overlays. It was also my first overlay. So sorry for making some mistakes. I can tell from your 11 posts you know a lot about track making. And many people have already said it looks bad so don't need to beat a dead horse here.
hes a troll
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

I think the track rides really really well, and the ruts in particular are top notch! It definitely rides like a real local track would, which is super difficult to achieve in MXS.

I would consider that an overlay is typically going to be laid over detailed textures rather than one image laid over the entire map. I think this would be an awesome final product if you were to use your existing texture as a base for more detailed manually-placed decals. Unfortunately, the poor visuals are kind of a big factor given that the track's kind of flat and plain with small jumps.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.