Updated stock model replacement?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Yamaha285
Team: MotoStar Racing

Updated stock model replacement?

Post by Yamaha285 »

So a few questions. Is there already a 2018 stock model replacement pack out i just cant find? I have up to 2017. Another question would be is it 1) possible to use bikes like Jeremy150 or Jay that they have released as a stock skin for the public already? And 2) how? I would like to see other riders that i have not downloaded their skins riding the models these guys have released to the public already.

I have the public releases such as the Honda, Ktm, Husqvarna ect... but i have no idea what i would need to do to make it work and i also do not want to due anything that gets me in trouble either.
Quinten
Team: QM1

Re: Updated stock model replacement?

Post by Quinten »

Publically released models by Jeremy and/or Jay that have been released to the public would be fine. I would highly consider crediting whomever you end up using in the pack. To understand how model replacement packs work, I would suggest downloading Notepadd ++ if you have not already and look at how your 2017 replacement pack is formatted. I did that for a wheel replacement pack I made a while back. It is how I learned how it works and should you as well. Hope that helps! :D :D
Yamaha285

Post by Yamaha285 »

Quinten wrote:Publically released models by Jeremy and/or Jay that have been released to the public would be fine. I would highly consider crediting whomever you end up using in the pack. To understand how model replacement packs work, I would suggest downloading Notepadd ++ if you have not already and look at how your 2017 replacement pack is formatted. I did that for a wheel replacement pack I made a while back. It is how I learned how it works and should you as well. Hope that helps! :D :D
I have notepad ++. Are you saying i need this so i can change the names within the SAF to read the stock model i am asking to use his skin for?
Yamaha285

Post by Yamaha285 »

I have made the changes to get the files to read however they do not contain Side and Front plate .jms in the released SAF to the public so the numbers are the only thing that could maybe bug someone.
Quinten

Post by Quinten »

Not exactly, I am saying look at how they named everything. You will still have to make your own saf.

However, by looking at someone else's saf through notepad ++ you can base yours off of it.
Quinten

Post by Quinten »

https://gyazo.com/fe252b611a63252ba9979bd2f9748d8c

I am not sure if the number plate .jms are needed. Try and do it without them and see if it works.
Quinten

Post by Quinten »

https://gyazo.com/c5c7da0334934e83b897110b797c9bb0

Dont know if it is required, but name the saf with the beginning like this.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

I started making a 2018 update with up to date models. Got KTM and Husky ready to go, Paul's Kawi (which was the same iteration as 2018?), was getting a newer Honda and an updated Yami too. Had the Suzuki lined up, but I never got it and the interest dropped a bit as I had to move as well. Actually, I'll try to get back into it.. I mean I got 50% of it already.. Oh, and if this release happens, all of the bikes will have working number plates :)
Yamaha285

Post by Yamaha285 »

Wahlamt wrote:I started making a 2018 update with up to date models. Got KTM and Husky ready to go, Paul's Kawi (which was the same iteration as 2018?), was getting a newer Honda and an updated Yami too. Had the Suzuki lined up, but I never got it and the interest dropped a bit as I had to move as well. Actually, I'll try to get back into it.. I mean I got 50% of it already.. Oh, and if this release happens, all of the bikes will have working number plates :)
Dude this would be awesome!! Hope you find the interest and time
GregDearman
Team: TVCO

Post by GregDearman »

Wahlamt wrote:was getting a newer Honda and an updated Yami too.
fight me
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

GregDearman wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:was getting a newer Honda and an updated Yami too.
fight me
As long as we keep it A, too difficult otherwise.
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

Wahlamt wrote:I started making a 2018 update with up to date models. Got KTM and Husky ready to go, Paul's Kawi (which was the same iteration as 2018?), was getting a newer Honda and an updated Yami too. Had the Suzuki lined up, but I never got it and the interest dropped a bit as I had to move as well. Actually, I'll try to get back into it.. I mean I got 50% of it already.. Oh, and if this release happens, all of the bikes will have working number plates :)
Why don’t you just use the public released models from Jeremy for the Honda, ktm, husky. Then use mx985 yami, and just remodel plastics for the kawi
GregDearman
Team: TVCO

Post by GregDearman »

MOTOZ293 wrote:Why don’t you just use the public released models from Jeremy for the Honda, ktm, husky. Then use mx985 yami, and just remodel plastics for the kawi
basically he/we wanted to use the update models but to have the side plate JM files so people could at least have their numbers on it. I've done the Yamaha and Honda but i haven't got the update Suzuki. I did buy Jays KTM but I don't know if i have the permission to use it for that and I don't have a recent Kawasaki either. I haven't got round to doing the husky yet but I will at some point.
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

MOTOZ293 wrote:
Why don’t you just use the public released models from Jeremy for the Honda, ktm, husky. Then use mx985 yami, and just remodel plastics for the kawi
What Greg said. If I can't have front and side plate jm's, I won't release it. Also I can't model for shit.
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

Wahlamt wrote: What Greg said. If I can't have front and side plate jm's, I won't release it. Also I can't model for shit.
Maybe talk to Jeremy and see if he’ll do those jms for you real quick? I dont know not trying to sound like an ass, just spitballing ideas