Elsinore 19804

Post your suggestions here
USABMXER1
Team: DaBaum Designs

Elsinore 19804

Post by USABMXER1 »

Is there a chance that we could get erode put in elsinore.mxsimulator.com:19804 so that it will be the way it was during Supercross season with erode.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Elsinore 19804

Post by jlv »

Use "server,callvote erode 20". It's set to reset to 0 when the server is empty.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
USABMXER1

Post by USABMXER1 »

jlv wrote:Use "server,callvote erode 20". It's set to reset to 0 when the server is empty.
Oh did not know that! I'll have to start using that then.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I think I might make it spam out some help for the commands you can vote on. Right now you can type "server,help callvote" to see what you can vote on but I don't think many people read that.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
USABMXER1

Post by USABMXER1 »

So could you just lock the erode to a certain setting so it doesn't change from that. Like keep it on like 2 or 3 because I just went in there and when nobody knows how to vote for it when the erode is set on 40 it just makes it so the track is practically not ride able after you've done an entire lap.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Could be they're trying to race. Call the vote when the race is over.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
MX181

Post by MX181 »

I tried out this feature and found the same problem that everyone was struggling to understand or were unable to vote for some reason.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Not sure what to do about that. I could change it to not count non voters at all instead of counting them as "no" votes. It would be easier to get a vote passed that way. The problem with that is if someone calls a vote mid-race you can't just ignore it if you want the vote to fail.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
MX181

Post by MX181 »

jlv wrote:Not sure what to do about that. I could change it to not count non voters at all instead of counting them as "no" votes. It would be easier to get a vote passed that way. The problem with that is if someone calls a vote mid-race you can't just ignore it if you want the vote to fail.
I do like that idea of only counting the votes but your right who wants to vote if they're on a heater. maybe you can allocate like 60 seconds at the end of the race and if someone puts up a poll maybe extend it another 60 seconds until votes close and than restart? and if no one puts up a poll just restart after the initial 60?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I could make it count you as a "no" if the vote expires and you haven't voted but have hit a timing gate. So anyone still turning laps defaults to "no" but players who are parked or finished without voting won't affect the outcome.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

jlv wrote:I could make it count you as a "no" if the vote expires and you haven't voted but have hit a timing gate. So anyone still turning laps defaults to "no" but players who are parked or finished without voting won't affect the outcome.
That sounds perfect, it’s hard to get a majority when half the people don’t even know how to vote in a 20 person lobby lol
cloaked
Team: Privateer

Post by cloaked »

AHeckman2 wrote:
jlv wrote:I could make it count you as a "no" if the vote expires and you haven't voted but have hit a timing gate. So anyone still turning laps defaults to "no" but players who are parked or finished without voting won't affect the outcome.
That sounds perfect, it’s hard to get a majority when half the people don’t even know how to vote in a 20 person lobby lol
+1