An open letter to the MXS Community...

Organize races and post results here
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

An open letter to the MXS Community...

Post by checkerz »

Since launching rF Gaming with Wheels and Sween back over 7 years ago...heck, even before that; I have enjoyed working with some extremely talented and creative individuals to do what we felt was best to help grow this community. My fondest memory may have been the decision and pulling off 12 brand new national tracks back in 2012 - you see, back then; besides the SX series, creating a new track for each round of a series was un-heard of. Heck, we even doubted if we could pull it off. Flash forward 5 years and beyond and a new track for every event has become an expectation and is met often met with entitlement and general complaining.

Gone are the days of the mature and respectful faces of DJ, DDMX, Haggqvist, yFMX, Tysen, and more leading the community and setting a positive example of working together for the greater good. Instead of evolution and innovation being applauded and encouraging others to learn and grow; progress is ignored for the downfalls or yet to be discovereds.

Due to added stresses in my personal life, the additional stress of commitments with very little reward in a leadership role with rF Gaming has become too overwhelming. Wheels, Sween, and the current group of amazingly talented and dedicated individuals have placed far too much passion, time, and effort into building the rF community to have someone involved at a high level that cannot do the job properly. Instead of benefiting rF, I find myself being a bottleneck due to lack of focus on the project. It is challenging to feel like I'm letting this current team who has and continues to put in 110% effort down because I do not have the availability to be as integral as needed.

Effective immediately, I will be stepping down from being one of the lead shareholders of rF Gaming and will be passing the reigns over to other members of the team. I will honor my commitments to ensure I provide the best experience possible for the Jerry Robin Cup and the 3 Round SX Madness Series; however, those will be the final events that I will be promising from myself. I plan to continue to be around and support rF and the community as much as time allows, but no longer can make the commitment needed to do what I've done in the past.

I hope those of you who enjoy what we have been building for years come out and support these last events. For those who have supported the endeavor along the way, thank you. To the snakes in the grass whom are more determined to bring negativity and toxicity to the community versus promoting growth, peace out... I won't miss you.
mx201
Team: Madcape

Re: An open letter to the MXS Community...

Post by mx201 »

Now i expect you to be at the races fixing my suspension every race 8)
#1 All Time 250 RF NA Motocross Winner
#1 All Time 250 RF EU Winner
16th overall on the RF Gaming All Time Wins List
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

thank you for everything chris! youll be missed. You were a good friend and an excellent creator. Wish you the best
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

mx201 wrote:Now i expect you to be at the races fixing my suspension every race 8)
Doesn't need no fixin' now that you got that good good Gold Valve stuff. Just need a homie to hand you a podium hat.
mx201
Team: Madcape

Post by mx201 »

checkerz wrote:
mx201 wrote:Now i expect you to be at the races fixing my suspension every race 8)
Doesn't need no fixin' now that you got that good good Gold Valve stuff. Just need a homie to hand you a podium hat.
That is exactly what i meant duhhhhh 8)
#1 All Time 250 RF NA Motocross Winner
#1 All Time 250 RF EU Winner
16th overall on the RF Gaming All Time Wins List
Bryce#313

Post by Bryce#313 »

Appreciate everything you've done for this community Chris, wish you the best of luck with your life away from sim <3 still rocking the signature you made me hehe
RFX_corentin_12
Team: Impact

Post by RFX_corentin_12 »

You're the man, thanks for all !
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
ColtHans

Post by ColtHans »

808 wrote:Image
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I appreciate all of the work you've done, sooooooooooo many tracks. Glad I could be a part of it all the way from the beginning doing beta tests on Mission Valley. Good times over all these years, thank you!
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

I don't blame you, Chris. Real life is way more important. Take care of yourself, bud. Let me know if there is anything i can do to help you out. Thanks for selflessly dedicating tons of time to this community over the years.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
GustavoMX930'
Team: 2 good 4 a team

Post by GustavoMX930' »

It's always rough to see one of the people who were involved in the game since the beginning step down. I have nothing but the respect for you and for what you've done, Chris. Sorry for the little grudges and arguments over the years, yet, hopefully i can be a part of one of the many memories you'll keep from this game. Thank you for everything you've done. All the tracks, all the series, all the work and specially all the bullshit you had to deal with over the years. You trully are a legend and you'll be deeply missed by all of us. Thank you, once again!
Go take care of your family and your real life. That's way more important than this. <3
jlv wrote:
Rush wrote:Why was UID 12235 not banned as well? he was doing the same thing.
Because he didn't come in here and confess like an idiot.
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

You’re gonna be missed, so thankful for the work you’ve done for this game
Halvorson

Post by Halvorson »

Can't even imagine how much time you've put into making some of these badass tracks and just Sim stuff in general. Thanks for a lot of great memories!
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Similar to many faces in this community, we've had our differences, but at the end of the day you're one of the head guys in this community and making sure it continues to grow and move forward. I'm glad you'll still be around, but it's unfortunate the toxic members who don't appreciate or understand the amount of work that goes into these events ultimately drew you away from it all. I hope 2019 delivers all the goods because I'd hate to see this game spiral downhill and fade into oblivion in the coming years. There's a saying that you don't miss something until it's gone and that'll hold its value in this case with you, Chex.