Hotfootsteel: a journey deep into the mind of an isolated young gamer

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
HotFootSteel
Team: Privateer

Hotfootsteel: a journey deep into the mind of an isolated young gamer

Post by HotFootSteel »

There has to be a better way to make the dirt feel like its being pushed

Simulation: The current erode system does not seem realistic at all, It does not work on the whole track only corners. The shape of the ruts that form look and feel nothing like real life. It feels like the lower terrain tool is attached to the rear tire and the front tire does nothing to the track so its like riding on bumpy cement.

Performance:FPS goes from 125 to 15 constantly and cause unnecessary contract between riders and tough guy chat fights.

Question: Does the game engine make it impossible to create a realistic feeling of pushing dirt and creating ruts?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Scrap the current erode system

Post by jlv »

I probably should have just made something that leaves a ditch behind the bike like the other games do. Would have been easy and everyone would have been happy. But noooooo, I had to have braking bumps...

I am my own worst enemy!
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

When jlv spends years (assuming you have) working on erode, finally releases it, the track crews spend countless hours trying to make it better (and it's a lot better than it was a year ago), but HotFootSteel doesn't approve. SCRAP IT!
HotFootSteel

Post by HotFootSteel »

I have done some poking around in the forums and did not realize the erode system is in its infancy still, even after years of work as davis pointed out. JLV thanks for making a fun game im just not a fan of the current system and no one has explained the situation to me or answered my questions.

another question, Ddavis who are you? do you have any control over this game?
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

HotFootSteel wrote:I have done some poking around in the forums and did not realize the erode system is in its infancy still, even after years of work as davis pointed out. JLV thanks for making a fun game im just not a fan of the current system and no one has explained the situation to me or answered my questions.

So you speak before you know any information? Dope
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

So you make a forum account to complain about something that you’re not fully informed on? That’s the smartest thing I’ve seen today :lol:

Erode has come very far since JLV started working on making it operable online. It still can be improved but saying it should be scrapped is not going to be of any help.
HotFootSteel

Post by HotFootSteel »

MOTOZ293 wrote:
HotFootSteel wrote:I have done some poking around in the forums and did not realize the erode system is in its infancy still, even after years of work as davis pointed out. JLV thanks for making a fun game im just not a fan of the current system and no one has explained the situation to me or answered my questions.

I know that the erode system sucks and thats all I need to make a suggestion. Its clear your not here to help so your just a troll. Sad life you live :lol:
HotFootSteel

Post by HotFootSteel »

AHeckman2 wrote:So you make a forum account to complain about something that you’re not fully informed on? That’s the smartest thing I’ve seen today :lol:

Erode has come very far since JLV started working on making it operable online. It still can be improved but saying it should be scrapped is not going to be of any help.

Its true I dont know much about the erode system other then it sucks. I came to the forum for answers and the community has not been to helpful at all.People seem to feel personally attacked by this post something like SJWs screaming on the side walk for some one cutting up some meat. so I think its time to move on this game is just not for me I guess
MOTOZ293

Post by MOTOZ293 »

HotFootSteel wrote:
MOTOZ293 wrote:

I know that the erode system sucks and thats all I need to make a suggestion. Its clear your not here to help so your just a troll. Sad life you live :lol:
I’m not a troll tho. I’ve been in this game Going on 7 years. Erode is not the bad. Your prolly play on tracks that weren’t made for it. Do research and play longer before you go and bash the few people that keep the racing scene goin
HotFootSteel

Post by HotFootSteel »

MOTOZ293 wrote:
HotFootSteel wrote:
MOTOZ293 wrote: So you speak before you know any information? Dope
I’m not a troll tho. I’ve been in this game Going on 7 years. Erode is not the bad. Your prolly play on tracks that weren’t made for it. Do research and play longer before you go and bash the few people that keep the racing scene goin
Who did I bash? I got called a dope by you and stupid by the other guy.
HotFootSteel

Post by HotFootSteel »

Come to think about it I dont care this community seems shity and I dont want any thing to do with you people, I was wondering why some one posted about this game dying and I think I got my answer.
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

[vimeo][/vimeo]
HotFootSteel wrote:
MOTOZ293 wrote:
HotFootSteel wrote: I know that the erode system sucks and thats all I need to make a suggestion. Its clear your not here to help so your just a troll. Sad life you live :lol:
:lol: oh I’m dying right now, you thought when he said “dope”, he was referring to you :lol:

People like you are the reason this game is dying, toxic kids who think they own the world. Instead of bashing erode and saying it should be done away with, offer some advice. And please stop acting like a cocky arrogant prick
MOTOZ293

Post by MOTOZ293 »

AHeckman2 wrote:[vimeo][/vimeo]
HotFootSteel wrote:
MOTOZ293 wrote: I’m not a troll tho. I’ve been in this game Going on 7 years. Erode is not the bad. Your prolly play on tracks that weren’t made for it. Do research and play longer before you go and bash the few people that keep the racing scene goin
:lol: oh I’m dying right now, you thought when he said “dope”, he was referring to you :lol:

People like you are the reason this game is dying, toxic kids who think they own the world. Instead of bashing erode and saying it should be done away with, offer some advice. And please stop acting like a cocky arrogant prick
What you mean? He’s had a forum account for less than a day. He knows all
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

TBF it's a pretty antiquated system. I think it's working solid on specific tracks thanks to a lot of work by a select few people, but we would probably have a better overall system if the erode system were built today rather than in 2008.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

It's a good example of me going off the rails. I should have just done a simple system that leaves a ditch behind the bike. Instead I tried to make it model everything. People just wanted ruts and I gave them braking and acceleration bumps, which seems to actually be a negative for most people.

HotFootSteel, you'd like it better if it just made smooth ruts right?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.